Title

Thumbs up Getting back in to riding at the ripe old age of 36...

Hello I'm 36 and from Houston, Tx. Haven't skateboarded in about 20 years. So I used some of my American Express points on Amazon and picked up a new setup. Going to feel good to ride again I can already tell.

What do you think?

Mini-Logo 8.0 Quartermaster
    Mini-Logo 53mm 90a Hybrids
    Destructo Superlight D1 8" trucks
    Bones Reds Bearings
    Jessup Grip
    Shorty's 1" Motorhead Hardware (not received yet)

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ThatDumbUser; 09-23-2016 at 06:48 AM.

Title
    Respected User

Sounds like a decent board to start out with.

Title

im starting to skate also at the age of 17 (I feel so behind when i see 13 year olds doing kickflips lol) and am looking to make a decent setup, I kinda like yours but im just wondering how much the whole setup is altogether? thanks

Title

Default Build Cost

Quote Originally Posted by SuhDude View Post
    im starting to skate also at the age of 17 (I feel so behind when i see 13 year olds doing kickflips lol) and am looking to make a decent setup, I kinda like yours but im just wondering how much the whole setup is altogether? thanks

All together it was about $130

Out of my pocket I only paid about $22

Mini-Logo 8.0 Quartermaster - $43.87 (Paid with American Express Rewared points)
    Mini-Logo 53mm 90a Hybrids - $16.95 (Paid with American Express Rewared points)
    Destructo Superlight D1 8" trucks - $40.74 (Paid with American Express Rewared points)
    Shorty's 1" Motorhead Hardware - $5.88 (Paid with American Express Rewared points)
    Bones Reds Bearings
    - $9.00 (made offer)

Jessup Grip - $4.95 (in-store pickup)
    Bones Speed Cream $4.95 (in-store pickup)
    Skate T-Tool - $2.29 (blue is the cheapest)

Oh yeah I also picked up a cheap 100 pack of vinyl stickers from china for $3.
    Last edited by ThatDumbUser; 09-23-2016 at 06:51 AM.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by cab View Post
    Everything looks really good. I get disappointed at our options here in houston but there are much worse places to be. Also like the vinyl stickers
    I get what you are saying. Luckily I am out here in the Willowbrook area and Spring/North Houston Skatepark isn't too far away! Have you been there yet? Need to learn to ride again before heading out there though, don't want to be in peoples way. Looking for some skate spots though on SH-249 north of the Beltway and as far out as Tomball.

Last edited by ThatDumbUser; 09-23-2016 at 07:32 AM.

Title

Welcome back homie! I like your setup. Its funny how skating never leaves your mind, even after you quit huh? I've quit like 8 times lol. I'm 40 and love every moment on my board. Don't ever let people tell you that you shouldn't skate if you really love it.