Title

Default Bones Super Swiss 6 bearings noise and wiggle

Hi!

Bought Super 6 bearings about half a week ago. I noticed that while riding on a not that smooth pavement then they make noise like shaking a sand in an aluminium can or similar. If there's no weight on the board then they're silent and spin freely. Another thing that I noticed is that the bearings have play in them. When I for example shake the bearing from side to side then the inner race or the balls with the retainer have play room. Even if I install spacers and tighten the nut down then the wheels still have some wiggle room. My Bones Reds doesn't have that kind of play when I shake them.

Is that normal? Maybe they're supposed to have that play and sound because they have one less ball in them? Or maybe I'm just paranoid.

Thanks
    Last edited by AeroZ; 09-14-2016 at 05:20 AM.

Title

You're just paranoid

Rooster Cockburn: Club of Cool Kids member and overly-zealous COCK worshipper

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Larz View Post
    You're just paranoid
    haha

Title

Allot of people like to hear the bearings, so they take the shields off... are your shields off? might just be a characteristic of the bearing... read some reviews to see if anyone else is experiencing the same.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by bluefoam View Post
    Allot of people like to hear the bearings, so they take the shields off... are your shields off? might just be a characteristic of the bearing... read some reviews to see if anyone else is experiencing the same.
    Nope, shields are on. I've tried googling similar issues or any issues at all but haven't found anything helpful. The noise isn't some humming sound or similar, it's more like a metal rattling sound.

Title

i had ss6 they're nothing to stress about just skate instead of thinkin about ur bearings lol

Title

You're just paranoid
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the Conqueror View Post
    the only time I ever landed a backside flip down el toro was when a girl was watching
    Gonna be more careful around storm drains from now on.

Title

If they keep speed and they are not what your used to I'm sure they are fine.

Title

Im late as shit but did you take em apart when cleaning them. Happend to me to never with any other bearings. Their swiss are better in the long run of get super reds.