Title

Default Help buying my daughter her first board

Hey guys, not sure if there is a better section for this or not, it's my first post, sorry in advance if this isn't the correct place. Anyways, I used to do a bit of street skating in high school and college and after my 8 year old found my old board she has been begging me to teach her to ride. I've been working with her on pushing and transitioning into a ride and some basic tic tac stuff and she's progressing really well. Now she wants a board for Christmas and since she just likes to ride and shows no interest in doing trick I was thinking of getting her a cruiser. I've been looking at the Penny boards because she wants a board that is pink and purple and they come in many colors, and I also feel like the big, soft wheels and light weight deck would be good for her. One question I had though are these boards any good, and how well will the plastic deck hold up to abuse? If you guys have any other recommendations feel free to shoot them out there. Also, I was wondering if the 22" or the 27" would be better. The 22" would be easier to carry but should be less stable, where the 27" would be closer to what she's been riding on. On another note I've kind of gotten the itch for another board myself to cruise around the neighbor hood on, the old street board isn't that much fun due to the imperfect asphalt we have. Would a 27" Penny do for myself or would I do better getting a proper cruiser or longboard? Sorry for the long winded post and I look forward to you advice.

Title

No need to drop $100-$150 on a penny board. You can get the same quality in a $40 knock off. As for you, I'd just get a proper cruiser, sounds like you want something smaller and if you are willing to spend the $100+ a penny costs, you can probably get something really nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the Conqueror View Post
    the only time I ever landed a backside flip down el toro was when a girl was watching
    Gonna be more careful around storm drains from now on.

Title

Hey Mate.
    I can recommend this one Ridge 22

Title

I don't get it... I was in the position of getting back into skating recently and cruisers just didn't seem to be versatile at all. Just buy a regular board and if you want bigger or softer wheels then put them on... She'll be much better off in the long run