Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by StarcraftLedZeppelin View Post

How I feel about religion? One dot mother fucka!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hahaha i love this scene. NOT TODAY
    Quote Originally Posted by DontHateJustSkate View Post
    fucking old people so quick to judge but so slow to walk

Title

I don't think about religion either anymore. Here we have a few over the top homophobe Christian rednecks and they're pretty fucking annoying tho. That's the only time it comes in mind.

I'm a self proclaimed "christian" and not a very good one at that. I have sex, smoke weed on occasion, drink weekly, and cuss like a sailer. My life has been difficult over the years, one hell of a rollercoaster: Parent is dead, dont really speak much with other, sister is a mess, blah blah blah. No matter what everytime I try to fix shit on my own without prayer it doesn't really work out. I have turned my back on God and when i finally give in and decide to do a genuine prayer it always seems whatever problems I'm having start to turn around. I kid you fucking not this shit has been going on for years on and off. Shit goes good in my life, I get distant from God. Shit starts going south i still try to fix it on my own (keep in mind I still believe but don't pray) and either it keeps going south or I pray and it starts to turn around. I'm telling you it's not blind luck or just so happening that way. this has been going on since I was a kid. I went to Christian school as a wee lad and that's where I learned about accepting jesus and living a life for God and all that stuff. I don't live the best life but God has been good to me. So my message to you guys is to genuinely pray here when you feel the need. See what happens....
    Baby Dick Mother Fuckers

Title

That pretty much sums up my experience to a T^

Rooster Cockburn: Club of Cool Kids member and overly-zealous COCK worshipper

Title
    Moderator 2: Judgment Day

Quote Originally Posted by Griptape12 View Post
    I have sex, smoke weed on occasion, drink weekly, and cuss like a sailer.
    I think a lot of Christians have to go thru this stuff and feeling guilty about it and questioning it and all that. I've been thru my own version of all this too

I don't really have any answers. being perfect is impossible. idk

If your headphones arenít beats by dre youíre a peasant :^)

Title
    Respected User
    In time, there will come a day when everything is just a memory.

Vlads comment totally wrapped up my views as well, "christians" are too condescending and judgemental, I dont consider myself as any religion or denomination, I just simply believe in God, and I will always go back to how they view sin, for instance with homosexuals, they are appalled by them, and it kills me because one thing that a homosexual person has in common with them is that they were both created by God and loved by God, and they are to be treated as such regardless.

how are you going to call yourself christian yet treat God's creation like trash, thats like loving and supporting a partner, but spitting on and trashing what they have a passion for or love doing
    Last edited by K33M96; 09-11-2016 at 05:39 PM.

Title

For some, skateboarding IS a religion.
    The entire concept of end-time is a misinterpreted, astreological allegory.

Title
    Perma Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Sinistral View Post
    For some, skateboarding IS a religion.
    That is true for me

Title
    kind of respected user

people invented religion thousands of years ago because they had no other better way to explain things.

people follow religion today because the idea that we're all just made up from stardust and we're just going to rot in the ground after is too empty for some people. people need more meaning than that, even if there is none.

Title
    Perma Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fudopi View Post
    people invented religion thousands of years ago because they had no other better way to explain things.

people follow religion today because the idea that we're all just made up from stardust and we're just going to rot in the ground after is too empty for some people. people need more meaning than that, even if there is none.
    Just imagine the levels humanity would reach if religion was non-existent and everybody believed in science.

Title
    Respected User

I don't know why people have such a hard-on for science.

Title
    Respected User

im a buddhist myself, but its not really a religion though. when someone comes up to me with some bullshit religion argument i just tell them 'your god's not for me'

Title
    and i see all the flames
    Yeah, all I know is I'm upstairs, and I'm listening to my Will Smith CD

Quote Originally Posted by K33M96 View Post
    Vlads comment totally wrapped up my views as well, "christians" are too condescending and judgemental, I dont consider myself as any religion or denomination, I just simply believe in God, and I will always go back to how they view sin, for instance with homosexuals, they are appalled by them, and it kills me because one thing that a homosexual person has in common with them is that they were both created by God and loved by God, and they are to be treated as such regardless.

how are you going to call yourself christian yet treat God's creation like trash, thats like loving and supporting a partner, but spitting on and trashing what they have a passion for or love doing
    Believes in religion but not gay hate, no wonder you're single.

Title
    Respected User
    In time, there will come a day when everything is just a memory.

Quote Originally Posted by StarcraftLedZeppelin View Post
    Believes in religion but not gay hate, no wonder you're single.
    I mean...I know you were joking, but, most actual believers in God, have the same stance as me in that subject
    Last edited by K33M96; 10-05-2016 at 06:37 PM.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by NerkaN View Post
    Just imagine the levels humanity would reach if religion was non-existent and everybody believed in science.

we're more depressed than we ever have been

modern society alienates us from one another

take of your clothes and read Blake in the moonlight

(plus, who doesn't "believe" in science? what does that mean?)

Quote Originally Posted by K33M96 View Post
    I mean...I know you were joking, but, most actual believers in God, have the same stance as me in that subject
    yeah pretty much this. hating somebody for "being a sinner" is literally the opposite of what Jesus taught and practiced.

Title

If we didn't have religion, a lot of us probably wouldn't have even been born. The world may not even exist today. Religion was a pivotal part in the creation of our society, as well as science and all other components of humanity.

It'd be like a butterfly effect times a million

Title
    Perma Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the Conqueror View Post
    we're more depressed than we ever have been

modern society alienates us from one another

take of your clothes and read Blake in the moonlight

(plus, who doesn't "believe" in science? what does that mean?)

yeah pretty much this. hating somebody for "being a sinner" is literally the opposite of what Jesus taught and practiced.
    Super religious people dont.
    They like to think god did everything lmao
    My crazy af religion teacher was saying a bunch of bullshit on this topic today but it was on the first period which meant i was still sleeping

Title

if somebody believes that God created science then they aren't incompatible

are you talking about evolution vs. creationism or other stuff beyond that

Title

Science and religion are not mutually exclusive. Science is just merely the study of everything that exists.

Title
    ))<>((

So there's this idiot woman in my city raising hell over the religion of Islam being studied briefly in middle school classes. The family did not allow a daughter to participate, and she received some zeros. So, of course, the mother is going high and mighty to try and get a curriculum changed and a textbook banned. I really do hate the ignorance of religion allowed into politics or public school decisions, especially in Tennessee. Mentioning the 5 tenets of Islam isn't going to convert or radicalize a middle school student. Teaching them to be ignorant or discriminating will, however, put them at risk if they ever have to interact with the world outside mommy's home.

Title
    kind of respected user

Quote Originally Posted by shampoo View Post
    So there's this idiot woman in my city raising hell over the religion of Islam being studied briefly in middle school classes. The family did not allow a daughter to participate, and she received some zeros. So, of course, the mother is going high and mighty to try and get a curriculum changed and a textbook banned. I really do hate the ignorance of religion allowed into politics or public school decisions, especially in Tennessee. Mentioning the 5 tenets of Islam isn't going to convert or radicalize a middle school student. Teaching them to be ignorant or discriminating will, however, put them at risk if they ever have to interact with the world outside mommy's home.
    that's kind of weird.

i've heard of that happening but at least in michigan when it happens the student doesn't get 0s, they just get "excused" from those assignments.

when i volunteered at this middle school last year there was a girl who's parents didn't want her to learn about anything having to do with evolution, so whenever the class talked about it she had to go sit in the computer lab and do her homework with a teacher's assistant.

then again that's actually a pretty good deal for that girl she got to do all her homework while other kids were getting more work.

Title

Plus it's not like understanding evolution has any real world benefits

Title
    Respected User

Can't prove religion's existence.. Can't prove it's non existence. Personally, I leave out probabilities as this question is beyond the scope of that. So I keep an open mind/identify as agnostic. For all we know the Easter bunny could be a god.. (ie heaven with unlimited bud and chocolate with sexy arse angles ha!)

Title

Larz, I see that you are asking how understanding modern scientific cosmology might help the average non-scientist person...well, I have an answer for you:

because science!

Title
    crazy and cute

people already know I am Christian. but I am basically where vlad is. I believe in Christ in a Mormon view. but I will let you know, like vlad, I feel alienated and different compared to the average Mormon. I did serve a mission for my church. but I never knocked doors. I actually for the most part just did service activities until people would ask questions about the church I am in. I never crammed it down anyones throats but I answered questions and invited people to learn more. I believe the whole "Christian" thing is a more "look-how-holy-I-aM--thing" instead of just being a good person for the sake of being a good person thing.

you guys already know I am pretty open, and open minded.

also I feel like my punk look is becoming more and more potent as the days go by lol