Title

Default New, old Skater!

Hi, new uk skater here - just signed up, used to skate (badly) as a kid up to about the age of 12 but at the ripe old age of 38 decided I wanted to give it a shot again! Always enjoyed it, and now I've got a bit of time want to give it anther go.

Must admit, I'm worried about how I'm gonna look at the local skatepark as an oldie that can't skate well and how I'll fit in or even be seen as that 'sad old dude'. Still, you only live once and f*ck 'em - why shouldn't I if I want to!

Was looking at a cheap board to get started before I splash out on something more expensive and came across the Oxelo at Decathlon. Any good?

Title

Can't give you advice on that board but there are a few (if not more) skaters here older than you. I can't speak for your locals but most people who go to my (honestly very small and shitty park) are pretty accepting. I wouldn't worry about what others think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the Conqueror View Post
    the only time I ever landed a backside flip down el toro was when a girl was watching
    Gonna be more careful around storm drains from now on.

Title

I'm older and in the same boat haha, once all the kids are defo back at school I am gonna go to the park early morning. Have been twice to regular park in next town (Paignton) and once to concrete park but was with friends son on one trip and another skater on the other, was good fun though, rolling round , I practiced rolling down flat bank fakie , and also some 180 kick turns not too high up. It feels so good. Had some hard slams, like all of a sudden you are flat on your back , wind knocked out, amnd another, I hit a stone and took all skin off fingertips, bled like a pig, had to bandage them when I got home.. Friends son likes to go downhill but neither of us are brilliant at stopping so have to jump off, try to get over. To him the importance of riding round on flat ground first and getting real comfy on the board but nah he just wants to go down hills lol.

best of luck in your skating, I am in Devon, using a board by a company called two bare feet, it's quite well made for a ridiculous cheap price, one up from a Walmart board, I am building a mini logo setup though, with ml small bomb deck 8" mini logo trucks , ml, bearings, bones 1/8 risers , just waiting for hardware bolts to come. Got some spitfire f4 Chris Cole wheels think they are 99a. 53 mm without looking.

Hope you have loads of fun on your board, cheers....Paul