Title

Default I could use some support...

So I really don't want to be a whiny bitch about this, but for fuck's sake, I need to vent. It's been something around ten months since I started skating. I couldn't always skate as much as I wanted, either due to the weather being out of whack, work, or uni stuff, but It really hit me that summer's slowly coming to an end, and I feel that I haven't progressed one fucking bit. I still can't do ollies, I still slip out of manuals. Can't make the board go into a powerslide, nothing. I recently watched some skate videos and it dawned on me that I am no closer to the stuff that I want to do on my board that I was a year ago.

I just feel stuck at square one, and It's just really messing with me internally. I feel equally mad, and depressed about it. I know that skating is fucking hard, but... eh. You get the picture. I could really use some support right about now. :/

Title
    The Real Folk Blues
    I'm lit like a Branch Davidian I'm what's left of the lithium in Cobain's cranium

Title

Just do 180s and Shuv its all day. I can mess around with those tricks for weeks and not get bored.
    360 Flip!

Title

Dude. Those people you see in those skate vids put in work. They skate as much as they can. For you and you're lifestyle you need to make skating fit in. Skate whenever you can whether it be 5-10 mins if that's all then do it. Put in the work and you will see results.

Dont nt tell me you don't have time.

Title

All the support in the world won't be able to make up for time not spent riding your board. You gotta get used to skating before you try to learn new tricks or atleast that's how it is for me. I haven't really learned any new tricks this year other than fs and bs 180's. when it comes to manuals, treat it like if your tail hits the ground you're gonna die lol.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Ju0npak View Post
    Dude. Those people you see in those skate vids put in work. They skate as much as they can. For you and you're lifestyle you need to make skating fit in. Skate whenever you can whether it be 5-10 mins if that's all then do it. Put in the work and you will see results.

Dont nt tell me you don't have time.
    Nah man, it isn't about a lack of time, and I know that all the dudes that shred had to put in a fuckton of effort into it. Like I said, it's just freaking demoralizing to realize that after a year of skating, I'm still pretty much at square one, y'know? Was just hoping that I'd be a little more advanced by now, but I guess that progressing is even harder than I originally though, lol.

Title

Skateboarding is fucking hard

Don't worry, keep at it, cruise around, have fun and you'll achieve skating enlightenment without even realizing. Don't stress over tricks. Just havefun with your skateboard and before long you'll be landing the biggest shit.

Rooster Cockburn: Club of Cool Kids member and overly-zealous COCK worshipper

Title
    Rook'

learning your first few tricks really has to be one of the toughest steps in skating, you're pretty much figuring out the basic techniques and how your body needs to move in general, people need more time than others for that. after you've ollied up your first curbs and done your first pop shoves and kickflips you'll only get better exponentially (and if you ever get 'stuck' again then it's only in your head). you need to be really focused on the act of skateboarding (and perform it a lot and regularly) in order to learn stuff though. how much do you skate ?
    'Style is the hallmark of a temperament stamped upon the material at hand.' (André Maurois)

Quote Originally Posted by gsosa View Post
    The sound/feeling of rolling on bricks is the best ever

Title
    Perma Banned

Don't get discouraged bro. I learned how to ollie 13/14 months after i started. 2+ years later, i only know Ollies and Front Shuvs, i occasionally land a heelflip and i lost all my progress in stair skating. Skating's fucking hard. Period.
    However, if you make fun your first priority and learning tricks your second, tricks will come to you before you even know it. Guaranteed.

Title

Dude I know the feel. I don't often have time to skate but it's not about learning tricks. Just go out and have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the Conqueror View Post
    the only time I ever landed a backside flip down el toro was when a girl was watching
    Gonna be more careful around storm drains from now on.

Title

Practice ollies for atleast an hour at a time a few times a day. Helps to hold on to something to allow you to suspend yourself in the air longer so your able to understand what your doing with your feet. You'll see improvements the next day

Title

Hey man , don't despair, I am really ancient and can barely do anything on my board, hoping to get some good time rolling around and at the skatepark now the kids are back at school, things I currently practise are, rolling fakie down banks, kick turn 180 on banks or flat, dropping off small kerbs, stopping with my tail from really slow speed, you are probably better than me and my old bones lol