Title

Lightbulb 3 Airline Carry-On Tips For Skateboards

Do you love traveling and skateboarding? Have you ever had to ask Google,“Can I bring my skateboard onto the plane?” Because your beloved longboard could get separated during transit, you’ve strapped your 34-inch travel companion to your check-in luggage. Oh no, why is the airline representative measuring my board? Ugh… so much hassle!
    Skip the hassle. Here are some tips to ease your concerns about carrying your travel companion onto the plane.

1. Understand the Airline Policy

In general, yes, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) allows skateboards on board. After all, the TSA allows unloaded firearms and knitting needles onto the aircraft, so a skateboard shouldn’t pose any threats to airport security. However, each airline has its own rules for carry-on items regarding sports equipment. It is better to know them ahead of time instead of getting surprised at the check-in counter.

Major American airlines skateboard on-board policies: Delta- yes; United- yes; American- no; Virgin- yes; Alaska- no; Southwest- yes; JetBlue- yes; Air Canada- yes

Most airlines allow skateboards as carry-on baggage but enforce the standard carry-on size restriction

Wait… Since the average board length is 28’’ to 32’’, does that mean I still need to check it in? Not at all! You just need to…

2. Disassemble Your Board

You can remove the trucks and put them into a backpack. A deck doesn’t take too much space. It can be stowed in an overhead bin, under the seat in front of you, or wedged between the seats or the side of the plane if you sit by the window. Alternatively, you can also get away with strapping the board to your luggage and putting it in the overhead bin!

3. Get a Mini Board
    We don’t think anyone likes to go through the hassle of disassembling their board every time they board an airplane. Think about the tools you would have to bring! So why not look for a mini skateboard/cruiser for the trip? One that is small enough to fit in your backpack and follows the size restrictions. A smaller board would also be more convenient to carry with you, not to mention giving you a chance to show off your balancing skills in new locales!

Elos Skateboards have designed a mini cruiser with the ideology ofeffortless lifestyle of skateboarding that is convenient to bring, easy to ride and sturdy at the core. It will be on Kickstarter next month. Check out our website and be the first to test ride!

Now remember, next time you are planning a trip, check with the airline and bring the tools for disassembly; or take a mini skateboard so you can sit back, relax, and enjoy the flight!
    Last edited by LeoChiang; 08-10-2016 at 08:06 PM.

Title

This is terrible advertising

Rooster Cockburn: Club of Cool Kids member and overly-zealous COCK worshipper

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Larz View Post
    This is terrible advertising
    For me it is "nice advertising" for this resons:
    • There is very good information for me.
    • It's relevant for skaters.
    • Inspiration to make a mini skateboard.
    • It don't slow or fuck up my browser.

/ Henning
    It's never to late to skate.

Title

You can be on the safe side and just put it in your luggage that you check in.
    o|-<]: