Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Title
    Squares Need Not Apply

Default Fucking Kitchen Spam

First off I'd like to thank the active members for their understanding and patience with those assholes who keep spamming us with their retarded shit. I know it must be old seeing dozens of the damn things between 11pm-2am central standard time. I'm trying my hardest to check in during those times to keep that shit under wraps. I'd also like to thank you guys for not reporting it as that would just add more confusion and work for myself, SCLZ, and Vlad who seem to be the ones taking care of it. As I've been taking care of most of it (not taking any shots at any of the mods here I just get off work around the time that it happens) and make sure to try and log on between those times to keep the forum free of that crap. So please be keep being patient while we work through some methods to keep it from happening every god damn night. I've pm'd Vivica with some possible solutions so that way you guys won't have to see it/be bothered by it. I'm not going to go into detail about the ideas I pitched to Viv encase those assholes might be reading it which if they are reading this

KINDLY FUCK OFF, THIS IS A SKATEBOARDING WEBSITE. NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE IS INTERESTED IN YOUR "Cheap Kitchen" bullshit based out of whatever hell hole part of the UK you're claiming to be from. FUCK OFF. We are not interested, go bother a forum worth ripping off like a home improvement message board or even skaterscafe.com as they could use some traffic. If you pieces of shit keep it up I have no problem publicly posting your IP addresses so members may do what they will with them, because honestly it's getting fucking stupid. Keep it up and we'll see what happens because you have become far beyond a nuisance and I have zero problem with posting your IP's so that way you can be named and shame and whatever shit happens that comes from that is totally on you. You faggots have been doing this for well over a year now

Thanks for your guys' patience while we work through a solution so it's not flooding the "new posts" option.

Thank you guys, Popwar.
    Last edited by Popwar Pill; 08-05-2016 at 10:34 PM.

Title

I remember skaterscafe disabled/made it really hard to sign up when they were battling this kind of crap, maybe the same could be done here temporarily

Title
    #CALEXIT2k19#makeCAgr8agn

Maybe. I mean, the only new members signing up is sk9izlif3

Title
    Respected User

Nobody really cares about the kitchen spam, it really has just become a SBC meme at this point. We appreciate the time you take to erase them though.

Title
    blunted in a 600

Dude idk about you but I got a great kitchen out of it.. fully redone, marbled surfaces, Viking oven etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddig View Post
    decide it - go for it - live it - just do it - fake it to you make it - if you can dream it, you can do it.

Skate, do strength training, eat healthy things, keep yuor mind healthy, open and clean, (don't fill it with bad news)
    Let the young people inspire you...
    / Henning
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    I want to enter college looking sexy as fuck for the ladies.

Title
    Chronic Discontent
    I am not going there to die, I am going there to find out if I am really alive

Dude I feel like I am maining the front against this spam, I actually decided not to ban spam for 3-4 days and it was a total wreck. Just right now there is like fucking 20 threads up at once, reminds me of the 1 day I didn't ban spam and 1 bot made 150 posts in that time frame.

Title
    olwXcrew

blacklist the word cheap kitchens

Title
    Moderator 2: Judgment Day

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    Nobody really cares about the kitchen spam, it really has just become a SBC meme at this point. We appreciate the time you take to erase them though.
    you'd care if you had to deal with it lol

besides banning sk9islife, nuking kitchen spam is 99% of the mod work on sbc

If your headphones arenít beats by dre youíre a peasant :^)

Title
    Squares Need Not Apply

Quote Originally Posted by StarcraftLedZeppelin View Post
    Dude I feel like I am maining the front against this spam, I actually decided not to ban spam for 3-4 days and it was a total wreck. Just right now there is like fucking 20 threads up at once, reminds me of the 1 day I didn't ban spam and 1 bot made 150 posts in that time frame.
    I also didn't have internet for a while so I'd have to wait until I got home on my tablet as its impossible on a phone clicking the boxes and all the log in shit. But I've always held it down at night. I use the delete as spam option which is why it doesn't show I do anything.

Title

I was planning on filming a part and naming the thread Cheap wood furniture Croydon

Rooster Cockburn: Club of Cool Kids member and overly-zealous COCK worshipper

Title

do it larz

Title

What if a mod accidentally deletes it tho:v

Title

follow you're heart larz. beleive in you'reself

Title
    olwXcrew

can i join larz being the only other active roadman on sbc

Title
    Chronic Discontent

Quote Originally Posted by Popwar Pill View Post
    I also didn't have internet for a while so I'd have to wait until I got home on my tablet as its impossible on a phone clicking the boxes and all the log in shit. But I've always held it down at night. I use the delete as spam option which is why it doesn't show I do anything.
    I understand you didn't internet, not holding that against you. It's just I see other staff members posting on the forums when there's been spam, when I skipped out on banning spam for 3 days I was waiting to see if they were going to remove it. I was finally tired of seeing it so I finally removed it, and while I was removing it I found other spam threads over a month old. I just don't understand why we need mods if they just post and not remove spam.

Title

I bought some kitchen stuff from the enemy

Jk
    Last edited by SkateOrCry91; 08-06-2016 at 03:36 PM.

Title
    Squares Need Not Apply

I understand you didn't internet, not holding that against you. It's just I see other staff members posting on the forums when there's been spam, when I skipped out on banning spam for 3 days I was waiting to see if they were going to remove it. I was finally tired of seeing it so I finally removed it, and while I was removing it I found other spam threads over a month old. I just don't understand why we need mods if they just post and not remove spam.
    Yeah, there's a couple I'd see post and there'd be kitchen spam and think "what the hell guys?"

Definitely need to purge some people. I never go months back though to check for spam though, unless it's in the "new posts" section is the only time I catch it, I rarely actually dig through the sub forums unless there's an on going thread that I want to post in that hasn't been bumped for a while.

Title
    Chronic Discontent

Quote Originally Posted by Popwar Pill View Post
    Yeah, there's a couple I'd see post and there'd be kitchen spam and think "what the hell guys?" Definitely need to purge some people. I never go months back though to check for spam though, unless it's in the "new posts" section is the only time I catch it, I rarely actually dig through the sub forums unless there's an on going thread that I want to post in that hasn't been bumped for a while.
    I think it is some form of staff fatigue or staff burn out. content writers stopped producing because people stopped commenting. Administrators constantly on MIA so the Moderators have no real control. Moderators falling under the inactive status for various reasons, lurking syndrome I assume. We have a full staff but for activity we are understaffed on everything.

Title

I should be a mod. Im active af

Title
    blunted in a 600

I think it is some form of staff fatigue or staff burn out. content writers stopped producing because people stopped commenting. Administrators constantly on MIA so the Moderators have no real control. Moderators falling under the inactive status for various reasons, lurking syndrome I assume. We have a full staff but for activity we are understaffed on everything.
    In many ways it's like any normal work place
    decide it - go for it - live it - just do it - fake it to you make it - if you can dream it, you can do it.

Skate, do strength training, eat healthy things, keep yuor mind healthy, open and clean, (don't fill it with bad news)
    Let the young people inspire you...
    / Henning
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    I want to enter college looking sexy as fuck for the ladies.

Title
    Yada, Yada, Yada

Gorangers for mod, I fucking hate kitchens. All you need is a wood pit bbq, who the fuck needs an oven and granite counters?

Title
    Respected User

Can you just merge all the spam into one thread instead of deleting it or is that harder? I feel like it'd be kinda interesting to skim through. Also if these guys are worth their salt, they're behind 7 proxies so IPs probably don't mean much. But yeah thanks for the hard work mods, hopefully y'all come up with a more automated solution soon.

Title
    Another Green World

I wasn't aware we were being bombarded by this stuff. If nothing hits reported posts I don't bother, don't have time to actively search through the forum or look through new posts. As far as new staff goes, lets talk about it in the mod forum.

Title
    Chronic Discontent

Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post
    I wasn't aware we were being bombarded by this stuff. If nothing hits reported posts I don't bother, don't have time to actively search through the forum or look through new posts. As far as new staff goes, lets talk about it in the mod forum.
    The mod forum never gets replies.

Title
    Another Green World

Never had a problem with that. I have a thread in there discussing news mods of anyone wants to chime in