Title

Default spitfire wheels not doing the job?

I've been skating spitfires for the past year and I've noticed a few issues with them. One, whenever my friends and i skate, I always notice I'm furthest behind them. Not because I'm not skating fast enough, but because my wheels just don't skate well on rough concrete. What is the best alternative to spitfire? and what wheel size should I get to skate smoothly over rough concrete while also being able to skate street ledges, spots, etc.

Title

It's probably not so much the company's fault as it is the durometer of the wheel you're riding. They have softer options that might help you get more speed on rough surfaces?

Title

Get 54mm wheels.

It could be your bearings...?

Title

Get spit f4s 99a duro 56mm

Rooster Cockburn: Club of Cool Kids member and overly-zealous COCK worshipper

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Larz View Post
    Get spit f4s 99a duro 56mm
    I was actually just thinking about doing that myself. or 55's.

Title

That's also what I noticed, spitfire classics and f1s are super slow compared to bones. F4s are are faster, I would get those or some bones. I hate wheels any bigger than 52, and it really doesn't make that much of a difference when it comes to speed, that's your legs.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by zhorik View Post
    That's also what I noticed, spitfire classics and f1s are super slow compared to bones. F4s are are faster, I would get those or some bones. I hate wheels any bigger than 52, and it really doesn't make that much of a difference when it comes to speed, that's your legs.
    Man 52mm wheels accelerate fast but after a couple pushes they lose speed quickly.

54mm wheels may take another push or two to get the same speed but you will stay that speed for like twice as long.