Title

Default Taking trucks as carry on luggage on an easy jet flight?

So I'm going to London tomorrow and I am planning on buying a new board there so I decided to take the trucks and wheels apart from my current board and take them as carry on luggage. Will I have any problems? Has anyone done this before?

Title

Anyone?? It's really important

Title
    Village Idiot

Never done this before. It should be fine it you take it apart. Ask the transportation security or something to make sure, or just google it.

Title
    olwXcrew

itll be fine people take boards as carry on lol

Title

Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    Never done this before. It should be fine it you take it apart. Ask the transportation security or something to make sure, or just google it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DontHateJustSkate View Post
    itll be fine people take boards as carry on lol
    I am not taking the whole skateboard, I am only taking the trucks and the wheels. Wouldn't they consider it a weapon and take it away from me?

Title
    Village Idiot

They shouldn't.

Title
    Respected User

I also wonder this, will they let you carry a whole board as carry on? I've always checked mine in, if I'm able to carry on, I can stop over at Singapore for a day and skate the park.

Title
    #CALEXIT2k19#makeCAgr8agn

Edit

They might let you keep it as carry on if you keep the wheels on. Otherwise, they'd probably inspect it sms might be suspicious of it.

I'd keep the wheels on just in case and call them up ahead of time just to make sure

Title

They won't give you any problems. I brought a bicycle as luggage once since it was dismantled.Besides like dhjs said, they'll let you bring a skateboard as a carry on

A friend of mine brought a taser in their luggage and another friend brought an air rifle, so....

Rooster Cockburn: Club of Cool Kids member and overly-zealous COCK worshipper

Title
    CantWriteIfYouCantRelate
    Led Zeppelin, 151 & cranberry juice, skateboard+open road...

I just took a knife and cut the entire separating layers for my duffle bag, I fit my skateboard onto it and it made it through the TSA scanners.

I fly with my skateboard the same every single time I fly and I've never been stopped.

It's always in my carry on.

Title
    Respected User

I'm talking about international flights, not domestic ones. Anyone have any experience taking their skateboard as a carry on, on an international flight?

Title

It's ok they let me through with the trucks with no problems. I am on the plane now :)

Title
    Rook'

technically they could take your trucks if they wanted to be asses to you (they've taken my skate tool a few times) but most of the time they'll let you go. sometimes they will be amused and / or want to know what purpose the object serves. the bag being put aside for inspection because of the trucks happens once every other time (the axles inside the trucks stand out with a crazy color on their monitors)

I try to refrain from explaining it's skateboard trucks as much as I can (which is unless I have to) because easyjet likes to fuck with people charging them extra for "sports equipments". but airport security isn't easyjet staff so it should be alright

european low-cost airline rules really aren't the same as the ones for most US domestic flights. they have crazy restrictions & will try to label your full skateboard as "oversized luggage" or sports equipment or really whatever bullshit. with easyjet or ryanair you may easily be charged for up to three times the original price of your plane ticket. that's how they get by as a company and how they compensate for their basic low fares, by fucking exceptional customers over on dumb shit. good choice on taking your trucks off & finding a deck wherever your destination is because that's how i make it work too
    'Style is the hallmark of a temperament stamped upon the material at hand.' (Andr Maurois)

Quote Originally Posted by gsosa View Post
    The sound/feeling of rolling on bricks is the best ever

Title
    CantWriteIfYouCantRelate
    Led Zeppelin, 151 & cranberry juice, skateboard+open road...

It's a private jet, just butt fuck the captain once you're a mile up in the air.