Title

Default independent skateboard brands

like everything today,skateboarding has its trends as well, what do you guys think about brands like polar, magenta, FA, quasi etc? what brands are among the best today and where the industry would lead us in the future?share some thoughts, cheers

I've been thinking about getting an American Nomad next

Title

My local shop is completely independent, buys the wood and presses it himself. He only carries his own decks but sells various brands for other accessories like trucks wheels and bearings etc. Homegrown Skateboards.

Title

i'll take a look on them, but yeah really interesting to see the shape and large boards back into the game , i wonder what or which brands ppl will support in the future of skateboarding. Will the "big boys" stay where they are right now or would there be any breakthrough from another smaller company with diff image?

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by dedradd View Post
    like everything today,skateboarding has its trends as well, what do you guys think about brands like polar, magenta, FA, quasi etc? what brands are among the best today and where the industry would lead us in the future?share some thoughts, cheers
    (hipster voice) Those are like, the "popular" indy brands.

One of the shops local to me https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...wn%20skateshop carries Pyramid, Laugh (my favorite), 410, Dad.

Title

�� lol yeah i know but nevertheless they are the brands that the rest of the world knows these days, sadly not many brands can start small and stay for long in the "industry" and i just wonder where are skateboarding going in terms of image and activity, which brands are representing it the most

Title

I just starting buying blanks again

Title

Quote Originally Posted by dedradd View Post
    �� lol yeah i know but nevertheless they are the brands that the rest of the world knows these days, sadly not many brands can start small and stay for long in the "industry" and i just wonder where are skateboarding going in terms of image and activity, which brands are representing it the most
    The shop I mentioned was started in 1996 so this is his 20th year in business.

Title

Palace is leading the youth of skateboarding. A lot of young people are getting into skateboarding because of fashion. A lot of young people will remember Palace as the first skateboarding brand they ever saw.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by not_a_photographer View Post
    Palace is leading the youth of skateboarding. A lot of young people are getting into skateboarding because of fashion. A lot of young people will remember Palace as the first skateboarding brand they ever saw.
    i get your point there, this is interesting tho, does this mean that skateboarding becoming a "fashion" thing today or is this just a temporary trend? so far skateboarding is becoming more popular globally, some say this is the new golden era but some things changed and i don't know if it's for the better or not