Title
    Banned

Default When is a shoe DEAD???

Ok so I've noticed that consistently, my skate shoes are always the worst at the park.

Here are my current shoes, Lakai Cambry leather,

They look fine to me, am I crazzy?

I'm probably going to skate these at least another week, I'd shoe goo the upper but the sole has blew out so to me there dead now (well close).

I skate my shoes everyday for 3 too 8 weeks a pair.

Am I over skating my shoes???

Everyone elses look so fresh, my girl friend has made a few comments on a few occasions ( but what does she know) telling me various pairs of shoes need to go in the bin but I've still skated them a week or 2 more.

Opinions from fellow skaters welcome !!!

Title
    Banned

By the way guys I'm not trying to skate shoes because I have no fesh shoes.

Here are 3 pairs I've not yet skated - 1 of which I will start skating within the next week - I always keep at least 2 just incase.

Probably the Manchester's

Title

Skate em till you can't can't skate them anymore, I love skating worn out shoes. As long as your aren't getting bloody feet you should be good.

Title

I have a pair of etnies that are just shoe goo. Like 2 strips of fabric and the rest is shoe goo.

Title
    The Real Folk Blues
    I'm lit like a Branch Davidian I'm what's left of the lithium in Cobain's cranium

Quote Originally Posted by FirstTryGuy View Post
    I have a pair of etnies that are just shoe goo. Like 2 strips of fabric and the rest is shoe goo.
    I use this

I just glue as much shit on my shoe as possible, if I see the ollie side is open I'll just glue part of another shoe insole on the inside. new shoes often give me shoe lace ripping problems until they are broken in, the more used my shoes are my laces are a little longer lasting.

Scoffman laces used to make great laces, too bad he doesn't sell on here anymore.

Title
    Banned

You guys have restored my faith in humanity !!!

I am moderately gluing the small hole in the sole and the small rip in the upper as I type.

Because these babies are a contender for my most comfortable shoe yet and thus far it's been a real joy skating these beauties, I don't feel so bad now about not wanting to let them go.

Your shoes are more goo then shoe lol you sir are a certified savage! I remember shoe gooing the shit out of a canvas pair of vans I got as s present ( I know - canvas - they should of known better when buying ), they ended up more shoe goo then shoe, they entire toe of the upper ripped off and all 5 of my toes where exposed, I used 2 tubes of shoe goo and rebuilt the shoe lol

They felt awful though and tbh I ended up binning them and not skating them again, not sure if to much glue is a good thing or maybe my glue skills where amature then?

A shame about those laces - I go through plenty laces to the point i now resorted to just tieing off the broken parts and shoe gooing bit that are fraying.

I'll see how glueing the sole goes - tbh I'm not sure as I've had shoe goo peel of soles in the past and I'm using select insoles that didn't come with these babies that is now sooooooo comfortable, I'd hate to destroy them.

Title

When the soles get a hole thats when I throw them away, I've had bad experiences with stuck socks and bruised feet.