Default How much is 10mm anyway?

So I started riding a hand me down setup about 4 months ago. Decided I really wanted to get back into it and bought new indy 139s.
    New deck time, did some research and decided to get an 8.25 and keep the same trucks.
    I've been riding it for about a month now and it's more than skateable but I keep wondering if I'd be happier with 149s
    I skate 90% transition, and might go with a bigger board later on (obviously I'd be getting bigger trucks then if I don't before hand)
    I'd hate to just wind up tossing these perfectly good 139s aside just to find out I didn't even notice 10mm.
    I'm sure a few of you have gone through this same progression and I just wanted to hear your thoughts on it.

Oh, and just to beat any of you smartasses to the punch line 10mm is just slightly bigger than 3/8"

Title
    Respected User

You won't be happier. I ride 149's on an 8.25 and I'd recommend it if you have the money to spare, but I could just as easily ride 139's and be fine with it. A bigger truck will be more stable and less responsive to a degree, but it's a minuscule change.

I'm confused, why would I spend the money if it won't make me happier?

Title
    Respected User

I just mean you won't be happier as in it's not some magical fix that's going to make you 100x better at skateboarding.

I mostly wanted it for more truck to carve grind

Title

Sounds like you want em. So buy them. If you skate tranny all the time I would definitely move up. Also I can't stand when I can't see the axle nuts when I'm standing on the board, it just doesn't look right.

I bought a 7.5 deck last Sunday and I have 139s. I don't really notice that much difference to go down to 129s.

Quote Originally Posted by zhorik View Post
    Sounds like you want em. So buy them. If you skate tranny all the time I would definitely move up. Also I can't stand when I can't see the axle nuts when I'm standing on the board, it just doesn't look right.
    that's what my fiancÚ said, I wouldn't recommend you let her manage your money...

Title

Quote Originally Posted by rathernotwalk View Post
    that's what my fiancÚ said, I wouldn't recommend you let her manage your money...
    Haha better that than a scrooge, that's for sure.

Did it, also switched it bones soft bushings, I'm a skinny fuck though. Anyway yeah, diggin it probably going with a shaped board next hopefully I don't find myself in the same boat again...