Title

Question are ceramics worth it

So i saw ceramic bearings which were relatively pricey but a few of my friends say they run real good. any ideas on this or can i just get real good standard bearings?

Title
    Village Idiot

Get Andale Swiss. Should run a bit less than 30 USD.

Title

that is a bit cheaper yes. can you maybe recommend a good online store? South Africa's skate shops overcharge a hell of a lot

Title
    Village Idiot

I'd do some searching for online skate stores and find which one offers the best price.

Title
    Banned

No

they shatter

lithium white greese water proofs steel bearings anyway

oh and did I mention that ceramics shatter - seen it in person - there's always a guy with titanium trucks and ceramic bearings at any popular spot who believes those items are better

since your falling for gimmicks don't fall for titanium trucks ( or titanium anything ) either - there not stronger then hardened steel - then can be lighter but not to the point it makes a difference

ive had reds and Swiss bearings and my reds without the seals on with machine oil where faster then how bones Swiss come stock

Title
    Respected User

ive had one pair bones swiss (not ceramic, not 6 if those are still made, just normal bones swiss) for years on my regular boards, and one pair in a cruiser. theyre still going strong as shit
    Quote Originally Posted by DontHateJustSkate View Post
    fucking old people so quick to judge but so slow to walk

Title

Bronson is where it at

Rooster Cockburn: Club of Cool Kids member and overly-zealous COCK worshipper

Title
    Ain't Nothin But A Peanut

ceramic brake pads are okay but only if on sale and you're driving a decent car, otherwise just go the normal pads

Title
    Village Idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Larz View Post
    Bronson is where it at
    Wouldn't get Bronsons. A bit expensive for what they are. Can get a Swiss bearing for the price they ask.

Title

No.... Ceramics are for longboarding. Like they're "ceramic", they'll break from ollieing and grinding and jumping gaps and stairs.

Get bones Swiss, NOT bones Swiss ceramics. And by the way, bones swiss are worth the money... Bones reds kinda suck, I'd pay the extra money and get the $50 Bones swiss labyrinth bearings.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    Wouldn't get Bronsons. A bit expensive for what they are. Can get a Swiss bearing for the price they ask.
    I realize this is like a 5 month old comment now, but just to interject I got some G3's about a month ago (so still fresh) but so far I've been very impressed and satisfied with them. Roll fast and smooth, feel solid.

I had the Bones 6 ball Swiss before the Bronsons. I'd consider them comparable to each other so far honestly, even when the Bones were new. Swiss 6's are like $20+ more than the G3's too.
    ATM 8.0
    Krux Standard Forged
    Spitfire F4 101a 52mm
    Bronson G3s