• Spitfire Formula Four (50$)

7 87.50%
  • Momentum's (34$)

0 0%
  • Paradise (44$)

0 0%

Title

Default Battle of the Wheels

I'm going to my local and picking up some wheels next week, as far as I know they have some Bones STF's (44$), Spitfire F4's (50) , Momentum's (34$) and Paradise (44$). Is it worth the extra bit of money for the f4's? I have a budget of 80 dollars and I want to try to get the most quality for the money I spend. I'm finding it pretty hard to decide what to do so any help is appreciated. I could either get two sets of wheels or one set and some bearings for a little bit cheaper. Vote and give me any reasons why you made your decision.

Title
    Village Idiot

I would pick the Spitfire F4's. They're good wheels.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    I would pick the Spitfire F4's. They're good wheels.
    They're a heavy favorite right now, only thing separating them and the other wheels is the price factor. The 99a's seem like the perfect wheels for the roads in my area, where the roads range from semi-smooth to horribly rough.

Title
    \_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by Nsskater93 View Post
    . The 99a's seem like the perfect wheel

They are.
    Chase Gabor tied a kid down and sodomized him with a screwdriver.

Title

I had the 101a's and hated them, way too hard for anything but park concrete. Tried the 99a's and they feel too soft and greasy. STF's for life. They're the perfect balance of hardness, slidability and durability, and I skate gritty WA streets, nothings smooth here. If you're set on Spitfires, get the 99a's, they're definitely the better of the two.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by zhorik View Post
    I had the 101a's and hated them, way too hard for anything but park concrete. Tried the 99a's and they feel too soft and greasy. STF's for life. They're the perfect balance of hardness, slidability and durability, and I skate gritty WA streets, nothings smooth here. If you're set on Spitfires, get the 99a's, they're definitely the better of the two.
    I don't really think I'll be bothered by the softness all that much as I was kindof looking for that in a wheel. If I do go with f4's that will most likely be what I'll pick unless they aren't in stock at the time. STF's are a very close second for me, anyone else want to put in their two cents? After that the only ones I'm interested in are the Momentums considering I could get two sets for a ten sheet more than one set of spits. Paradise are just kinda meh, but I am interested in trying them out.

Title
    \_(ツ)_/

STFs are good in that they last forever and slide well, but to me they almost feel plastic. The F4s feel like genuine urethane that last forever and still slide well. Maybe not quite as well as STFs but I'll take the urethane feeling over the plastic one.
    Chase Gabor tied a kid down and sodomized him with a screwdriver.

Title
    olwXcrew

^ as someone whose rode spitfire classics for the last four years or so and want to change to something more slidey what do you reckon i should do? stf v5s or formula fours? 56mm is what i want ideally

Title
    olwXcrew

nevermind my local doesnt have 56mm formula fours

Title
    #CALEXIT2k19#makeCAgr8agn

Quote Originally Posted by the_unknown_soldier View Post
    STFs are good in that they last forever and slide well, but to me they almost feel plastic. The F4s feel like genuine urethane that last forever and still slide well. Maybe not quite as well as STFs but I'll take the urethane feeling over the plastic one.
    Stf's definitely feel weird. It's like when i ride them, I'm always aware of the wheels, how they feel etc, whereas with spits they feel so natural that i don't need to think about the wheels when I'm skating

Title

Spitfire Formula Four (50$) bruh dont have a good reason why but they just look cool and feel better than most wheels

Title

Quote Originally Posted by DontHateJustSkate View Post
    ^ as someone whose rode spitfire classics for the last four years or so and want to change to something more slidey what do you reckon i should do? stf v5s or formula fours? 56mm is what i want ideally
    If you want something that slides better, I'd just go with the f4 101a. But if they don't have what you're looking for I'd say just go for the stf's. They're both good and the leading wheels in the market, it's just that spitfires did it better. Stfs are still worth trying out if you're never rode them imo.

Title
    olwXcrew

will probably try the f4s then i doubt 2mm will make a difference lol just like riding something bigger

Title
    olwXcrew

ohey they got 58mm formula fours

only 99d ones though but fuck it sounds like a good shout

Title

Quote Originally Posted by SIK View Post
    If you want something that slides better, I'd just go with the f4 101a. But if they don't have what you're looking for I'd say just go for the stf's. They're both good and the leading wheels in the market, it's just that spitfires did it better. Stfs are still worth trying out if you're never rode them imo.
    Spitfires did it better my ass, they're also less durable than STF's. And what's this shit about bones feeling like plastic, 99a's feel like ridable boogers and the 101a's feel like clay. STFs slide way more controllably and are faster on rougher surfaces.

Title

This is exactly the type of feedback I was looking for, thanks everybody. As somebody who hasn't tried either stfs or f4's it's great to see all the differing opinions.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by zhorik View Post
    Spitfires did it better my ass, they're also less durable than STF's. And what's this shit about bones feeling like plastic, 99a's feel like ridable boogers and the 101a's feel like clay. STFs slide way more controllably and are faster on rougher surfaces.
    Nah f4s are better. Stfs feel like plastic pellets melted into a wheel

Title

try stf and f4 if you can and decide what you like. i rode stf for a couple of years before switching to f4, i like em better (99d) , IMO it's simply a matter of preferences between those two.