4 25.00%
  • INDY GC HOLLOW REYNOLDS 139 HI

4 25.00%
  • VENTURE V-LIGHT 5.2 LO

8 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Title

Default Poll: Indy, thunder, venture battle of the big boys

I'll be slapping a set of these trucks on a board for three months and then reviewing them, it's up to you guys to pick which ones first.

Title

I'm going with Thunder just because they're one of the few brands I haven't skated yet. I have a pair of used ones I bought for 25 bucks though, I'll soon be setting them up.
    Last edited by Nsskater93; 06-10-2016 at 02:37 PM.

Title

I've wanted to try venture so a review would be nice
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the Conqueror View Post
    the only time I ever landed a backside flip down el toro was when a girl was watching
    Gonna be more careful around storm drains from now on.

Title
    #CALEXIT2k19#makeCAgr8agn

A set of ventures skated both loose and tight with both soft and medium bushings would be nice even though I have no interest in trying out ventures again.

Title
    Respected User

ventures, never skated them

Title

Oh shit I thought this was a what truck should I get and I put indies because I'm loving mine.

I guess ventures.

Title

Some one going to break the tie? My go to trucks are thunder by the way, but I'm down to try review any of the other ones.

Title

I love Venture trucks. Ace trucks are totally worth looking at though. They're strong like Independents but are a lot lighter.
    "Skateboarding is, was, and always shall be sacred to me...I love it so much I want it to die"-Jason Jessee

Title

Ventures are sick, I agree. I just can't stand that ace is made in china, but i probably will end up buying a set eventually. Its tied between thunder and venture, who's going to break ahead?

Title

i'm on thunder and indy. let's try venture

Title

I might buy some Ventures this month so I'm looking forward to the review

Title
    Village Idiot

Quote Originally Posted by zhorik View Post
    Ventures are sick, I agree. I just can't stand that ace is made in china, but i probably will end up buying a set eventually. Its tied between thunder and venture, who's going to break ahead?
    Just because something is made in China doesn't mean it's bad quality. Apple products are made there and they're pretty good.

Title
    Respected User

CCCP is made in China, he fits the shit quality stereotype well

Title

Haha whoa there guys, this doesn't have to get nasty. I'm sure CCCP means well but I prefer to buy "locally" made products if at all possible. I never said China's quality is shit, although it is quite common. I've heard quite a bit of rumors about slippy axles and cracked hangars etc. with ACE so I'm going to wait a bit on those. Back to the subject at hand, I voted myself to review the ventures, since even though all the trucks are less than a year old, I bought the Ventures only a few weeks ago so it'll be a better review since the first impressions are still "fresh".
    Last edited by zhorik; 06-12-2016 at 01:31 PM.

Title

actually i kinda wanted to try the hi but can't find any around here, but go ahead give the venture lo a try and tell us how you think

Title

I put the Ventures on my board yesterday and so far I've hated them, so I'm riding Independents again, but I'll try them again periodically for the next few days and try to get used to them. Oh and my set up is Bones STF (50mm), Real 8.06, and nothing else really matters so I'm not going to tell you. I don't skate any tranny, it's all street, ledges, gaps, stairs, rails, etc.
    Last edited by zhorik; 06-14-2016 at 09:52 AM.

Title
    #CALEXIT2k19#makeCAgr8agn

lol, yeah ventures not my cup of tea either

Title
    Village Idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Reo View Post
    CCCP is made in China, he fits the shit quality stereotype well
    I've never done anything to deserve this.

Title
    Banned

Ventures are no good

this pole is bias - for some reason children like venture as a brand

there trucks are awful, they do not turn well and break easily

weight means nothing - Indys are AMAZING

Thunder are very good And do not turn in the same manner as Indy ( I prefer Indys) they grind slightly differently too, again I prefer Indy

cant really go wrong with Thunder or Indy, which ever you got used too mostly in regards to how they turn you would claim there the "best" so kind of ignore all that

ventures are not on the same level, cleaver marketing though

truck companies you can't go wrong with aslong as you get the rite size truck are

independent

thunder

ace

Orion

caliber

truck companies who's trucks are skateable but not amazing and often you have to pick there better models of trucks to even get that are (although there are reasons for riding the trucks below such as supporting the team, liking really tight trucks in the case of venture or really light but breakable ones in the case of tensor or in the case of Krux value for money)

venture

theeve

krux

Silver

tensor

Title
    Respected User

^Meh.

After a couple of decades of Thunder, with Indy, Venture, Tracker thrown in, I've settled on Theeve.

Most of this crap is preference... unless you pick Royal trucks. In that case, WTF?!?

Title
    olwXcrew

Ride da best fucc da rest bro!!!1!!11!!!!beers n slash grinds !!1!!1diy or die!!!!

Title
    Banned

^ theeve are decent I've skated decks running theeve trucks several times having goes on others decks, there popular here in London Only reason I'd not rank them in the Indy / thunder category is bad buisness ethics they essentially came out being untruthful about the amounts of titanium on there trucks and they also copied Indy in a disrespectful way also there is a massive difference between the CSX and TIAX models. CSX being on Royal and complete levels and TIAX riding and grinding on par with idy, ace and thunder Not all of theeves trucks are the premium product and I'm not a fan of how they conduct themselfs as a brand Indy and thunder do not have a sub par model truck on the market, you know your good if you pick up any of there current range That being said I can see why one would prefer theeve they can be lighter then Indys but similar with bones bushings which you should run in Indys anyway pre installed As for royal yes they need to come out with a decent truck, it's getting beyond a joke now Even silver have some kind of recentish premium / pro model that apparently is half decent

Title

I'm a Indy dude but I voted for Venture because I was curious on the review. Venture and Krux have been good trucks in my experience but Indy are my favorite. It will always be preference because there are no rules in skateboarding.
    360 Flip!

Title
    olwXcrew

i dont even know what trucks mine are i just know the baseplate says thunder team and theyre 149s

Title

Quote Originally Posted by 333charles333 View Post
    Ventures are no good

this pole is bias - for some reason children like venture as a brand

there trucks are awful, they do not turn well and break easily

weight means nothing - Indys are AMAZING

Thunder are very good And do not turn in the same manner as Indy ( I prefer Indys) they grind slightly differently too, again I prefer Indy

cant really go wrong with Thunder or Indy, which ever you got used too mostly in regards to how they turn you would claim there the "best" so kind of ignore all that

ventures are not on the same level, cleaver marketing though

truck companies you can't go wrong with aslong as you get the rite size truck are

independent

thunder

ace

Orion

caliber

truck companies who's trucks are skateable but not amazing and often you have to pick there better models of trucks to even get that are (although there are reasons for riding the trucks below such as supporting the team, liking really tight trucks in the case of venture or really light but breakable ones in the case of tensor or in the case of Krux value for money)

venture

theeve

krux

Silver

tensor
    Bullshit. Ventures are great trucks, and people ride them because they like the way they skate. Venture was taken over by Deluxe Dist. in 2011, Deluxe also makes Thunder trucks. Their build quality is definitely on par with Thunders. And whats this shit about Ventures breaking? How many people do you honestly know have broken Ventures? Probably none.
    Ventures turn well and are as strong as fuck. I'm skating a set right now, I know what I'm talking about. You obviously don't, since you put Orion trucks on your list, those are blobs of metal shit. My friend got on flow for Silver last month and hated the trucks so much that he asked to be taken off the flow team. I've never skated Silvers but that's definitely not a point in their direction.

And another thing, weight fucking matters. People always brush this aside like it doesn't matter, and this always pisses me off. I skate a lot of benches, and I enjoy doing flip tricks over them. I actually enjoy doing flip tricks over anything, it's super fun. Anyways, I always have a hard time adjusting to Indy's when I skate them again, it's way harder to get the board to suck up to my feet. I end up having to pop and flick way harder and usually eat a lot more shit. Ventures I don't have that problem, same with Thunders. So unless you're skating tranny all the time, weight does make a difference.
    The only thing I don't like about Venture is that I think they look ugly. That's about all that I can wrong with them so far.