Title

Default Grippy shoes with excellent boardfeel = Vans?

Hello!

The past months ive been skating Emerica Reynolds Low Vulc. Great shoe!
    But I wanna try another brand. Never tried Vans before and they are kinda hyped so ofc I wanna try them.
    I also love Nike and Adidas skate shoes. What shoes would you guys recommend that offers very good grip and boardfeel?

Title
    Respected User

I'm skating a pair of classic Sk8 Hi's (not the pro versions). Honestly, I've skated them for 3 weeks and I've already got a big hole in the sole, which I don't mind, I bought it knowing the sole hardly lasts that long. That aside, incredibly comfortable, has great grip, and the boardfeel is perfect for me. To someone who values durability in the sole, and a lot of impact protection, I'd recommend looking at some other shoes, or at least changing the insoles.

My favorite vans shoe is probably the Sk8 Hi, but aside from them, halfcabs, oldschools, and eras are sick too.

Title

While I haven't skated them yet, these Busenitz Vulc Adidas felt great standing on a board. Maybe give them a try?

Title

Is it true that Nike SB Janoskies are lower quality now?
    I got Janoskies when they came out and loved them.

Thanks for helping guys! Thats sad if the Sk8 Hi's only last 3 weeks...
    I'll check out if the local dealer has Busenitz Vulc

Title

that's why i don't skate vans anymore no matter i love them, can't go wrong with busenitz! i also skated a lot of converse, god grip and board feel

Title

I had a pair of Vans Chukka lows and those lasted for ages, one of my favorite shoes. I've heard good thing about the new Vans 112 and the Crockett though, I would check them out.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Pryda View Post
    Is it true that Nike SB Janoskies are lower quality now?
    I got Janoskies when they came out and loved them.

Thanks for helping guys! Thats sad if the Sk8 Hi's only last 3 weeks...
    I'll check out if the local dealer has Busenitz Vulc
    The fact about Nike SB is true. I have a pair of Stefan Janoskis (canvas), they rip off very fast.

Title

Vans slip-on pro = best shoe ever. It's like riding without shoes, you don't notice them, no laces to rip and grip for days. The reason they don't last so long is because you trade durability for boardfeel. More durability = feels like you're skating with a condom on...

Title

Nike and Adidas have more durability, with less boardfeel. And less fun.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Liammarket View Post
    Nike and Adidas have more durability, with less boardfeel. And less fun.
    Wrong. Many Nike and Adidas shoes have great boardfeel, Janoskis, Busenitz Vulc, etc

Title
    Rook'

vans shoes are definitely grippy & offer great board feel (especially if you stay away from the slightly blukier classics ie. halfcabs etc), often at the expense of the durability of the shoe though. tnts or the crocketts are rad all around, they offer what you're looking for and last a while. although not the most popular choice nowadays (despite being one of the few skater-owned shoe companies left), etnies are really good in those departments as well. and they come from the same factories as emerica (emerica actually used to stand for etnies america) so they shouldn't feel too foreign to you. some of their basic skate models really are criminally underrated
    'Style is the hallmark of a temperament stamped upon the material at hand.' (André Maurois)

Quote Originally Posted by gsosa View Post
    The sound/feeling of rolling on bricks is the best ever

Title

I ended up buying some Vans crocketts, really enjoy them so far!

Title
    Banned

The soles of Vans blow out FAST

There poser shoes

since vans sold out to the corporate company vanity fair the quality of there shoes has dropped dramatically

The only decent vans is the half cab

if your looking for a decent all round shoe with grippy sole 2 I know for a fact are - Lakai Manchester - Emerica Reynolds

Title
    olwXcrew

poser shoes lol are you autistic

Title

Quote Originally Posted by 333charles333 View Post
    The soles of Vans blow out FAST

There poser shoes

since vans sold out to the corporate company vanity fair the quality of there shoes has dropped dramatically

The only decent vans is the half cab

if your looking for a decent all round shoe with grippy sole 2 I know for a fact are - Lakai Manchester - Emerica Reynolds
    They reformulated the sole rubber for their newer shoes so they last longer, which is pretty cool. I'm skating State shoes right now and they are probably some of the best vulc shoes I've skated.

Title

Ive been skating the Crocketts some days now and I really like them! I feel like my Reynolds Vulc and Janoskies have slightly better grip tho

I picked up a pair of Crocketts and TNTs at an outlet clearance sale for $50 skated both for a few days and picked the TNTs for comfort reasons, the Crocketts seemed a little narrow even after 3 days of skating and walking in them, TNT's felt way better from day 1. I'll go back and try and stretch them with ice once the TNTs fall apart and give them another go, but If I can catch another good sale at the outlet store I'd be willing to stock up on TNTs.

Title
    crazy and cute

so i decided that vans eras will always be my go to shoe. they are just my shoe.

Title
    Respected User

vans are grippy as hell, durability varying between models (usually on the flimsy side). If I had a super power it would be to make a pair of original halfcabs ware down to a certain point then have them last forever.

Title
    Banned

Oh ok - they reformulated Vans soles ???Really ???If so that's kool because the soles blowing out was there main let down ???So have they made the sole on the half cabs stronger too??? If so I'd consider skating a pair again.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by 333charles333 View Post
    Oh ok - they reformulated Vans soles ???Really ???If so that's kool because the soles blowing out was there main let down ???So have they made the sole on the half cabs stronger too??? If so I'd consider skating a pair again.
    I'm not sure on which models, the 112 for sure though has the "new" sole

Title

I currently am rocking some chukka low pros and they feel amazing; looks great and the insole it comes with is great for jumping gaps or stairs

http://shop.shredzshop.com/vans-vans...s-6270926.html
    New Gilbert Crockett Pro Shoes are dope! They are Canvas most places with suede just in wear spots, plus the waffle cup sole and ultracush insoles.

Title

I'm considering picking a couple of the Reynolds lows, are they good, despite the fact that Pryda is looking for a change?

Title
    Outside youre Local Vapour and Eciggerate Store

Quote Originally Posted by DontHateJustSkate View Post
    poser shoes lol are you autistic
    Damn Daniel you didn't know litterally every poser wears vans?

ようれ あっっ ふぁっごっ