• INDY GC HOLLOW REYNOLDS 139 HI

4 25.00%
  • VENTURE V-LIGHT 5.2 LO

8 50.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Title

Quote Originally Posted by lonechicken View Post
    ^Meh.

After a couple of decades of Thunder, with Indy, Venture, Tracker thrown in, I've settled on Theeve.

Most of this crap is preference... unless you pick Royal trucks. In that case, WTF?!?
    Their newest model I supposedly pretty good I've heard, haven't tried them though.

Title
    Banned

Indy hollows weigh less then 0.2 of a pound more then thunders and and even less difference with ventures

That is the weight of around 2 dollar coins at the most

it's such a small weight difference that weather your wheels are 52mm or 50 would make more of a difference weight wise

other factors that weight more then that very slight difference are

0.1 of an inch wider deck

high top shoes compared to mids

mid shoes compared to lows

a really thick pair of socks

shoes with a rubber toe compared to a suade toe

trousers compared to shorts by around 50xs

a new deck compaired to a slightly razor tailed one

Variations in Canadian maple weight

having slightly longer hardware and using washers on anything

runing bones bushings without the washer compaired to the bulky stock ones and the washers

to put the weight issue in perspective we are talking realistically around 3 grams in most cases - a paper clip is 1 gram

you could cut your grip tape slightly closer and shave off that amount of weight

see how rediculous the weight argument is?

i could go on

its such insignificant of a weight difference it's laughable

indies that have been grinded in moderately will weight less then new thunders - the difference is that minute

Title

Hold 12 nickels in your hand. That's the weight difference between a set of Thunders and a set of Indys. That's a lot, and it makes a big difference. Stop being such a drag dude, you don't know what you're talking about. I can feel the difference when I pick up my board, push, and pop. Other factors play into that obviously, but weight definitely makes a difference. Just compare the two trucks together, Indy's have WAY more excess metal everywhere than Thunders do, it's pretty obvious. Thunder 147 Teams weigh about 342g a piece.
    Independents weight 376g a piece. A nickel weighs 5g. A set of Independents weighs approximately 754g. A set of regular Thunders weighs 684g. Do the math.
    Last edited by zhorik; 07-02-2016 at 05:25 PM.

Title
    olwXcrew

if you cant skate equally as well on either set you're a fuccin pleb

Title
    Village Idiot

You should still be able to skate with Indies. Not like they're 10 pounds.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    You should still be able to skate with Indies. Not like they're 10 pounds.
    I never said I couldn't skate Indies, I skated Indies for 3 years straight, and still skate Indies. You guys are missing the point. I'm just proving that there is an actual difference between the truck weight and it DOES affect your skating, even if only by a little. Obviously weight doesn't slow down people's pop either (Matt Miller) but definitely makes a difference. Actually, a bigger factor in what makes a trucks pop and skate the way they do is height, but that's a different topic for a different time.

Title
    #CALEXIT2k19#makeCAgr8agn

I have both and the weight difference doesn't bother me one bit and it doesn't affect skating technique either ffs. Its not a big deal.

Title
    Banned

It's 12 nickels in they most extreme situation where the Indys are not hollow in comparison to a very light truck like a thunder

Its no where near enough weight to effect performance

Usually we are talking a few paper clips weight of difference between trucks

but even 12 nickels distributed over a board is not enough to effect performance

It's so slight you just adjust to it

It is akin to female runners who have long hair, the body just adjusts to carry the very slight Wright and it does not effect performance

Usain Bolt would not run faster if he ran naked and shaved all his hair off

With such slight weight differences the body just adjusts

If you really think Indys make you skate worse because of the weight then

You are an idiot

Title
    Village Idiot

Quote Originally Posted by 333charles333 View Post
    It's 12 nickels in they most extreme situation where the Indys are not hollow in comparison to a very light truck like a thunder

Its no where near enough weight to effect performance

Usually we are talking a few paper clips weight of difference between trucks

but even 12 nickels distributed over a board is not enough to effect performance

It's so slight you just adjust to it

It is akin to female runners who have long hair, the body just adjusts to carry the very slight Wright and it does not effect performance

Usain Bolt would not run faster if he ran naked and shaved all his hair off

With such slight weight differences the body just adjusts

If you really think Indys make you skate worse because of the weight then

You are an idiot
    Calm down there.

Title
    Banned

Indie hollows standard size to fit an 8 deck (139) actually weigh

338g

Your thunders weigh 342g

Your trucks are heavier then Indys you fuckin tard lol

Everyone skates Indys hollow anyways Kuz of this dumb weight belife where as they tend to skate other brand trucks stabdard

So these idiots are having goes on people's decks with Indys and being like - "can't skate that, I can feel there heavier" when infact they are lighter

just goes to show you can not tell the difference

I skate a 7.75, my hollow indies are lighter then most people's trucks who ride 8.5s

Yet idiots still have a go on my board and pretend there heavier then there trucks, which is not even the case

If I had a set of venture and stuck lead weights on them to make them heavy these sane idiots would be like "that's so much better, I can kick flip so much easier now"

People who really believe trick weight affects performance are degenerates
    Last edited by 333charles333; 07-02-2016 at 10:43 PM.

Title

I kinda like this new guy

Rooster Cockburn: Club of Cool Kids member and overly-zealous COCK worshipper

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Larz View Post
    I kinda like this new guy
    We're so lucky to have him. He's full of useful information

Title

Quote Originally Posted by 333charles333 View Post
    Indie hollows standard size to fit an 8 deck (139) actually weigh

338g

Your thunders weigh 342g

Your trucks are heavier then Indys you fuckin tard lol

Everyone skates Indys hollow anyways Kuz of this dumb weight belife where as they tend to skate other brand trucks stabdard

So these idiots are having goes on people's decks with Indys and being like - "can't skate that, I can feel there heavier" when infact they are lighter

just goes to show you can not tell the difference

I skate a 7.75, my hollow indies are lighter then most people's trucks who ride 8.5s

Yet idiots still have a go on my board and pretend there heavier then there trucks, which is not even the case

If I had a set of venture and stuck lead weights on them to make them heavy these sane idiots would be like "that's so much better, I can kick flip so much easier now"

People who really believe trick weight affects performance are degenerates
    You're comparing Indy's lightest to Thunders heaviest, stupid much?
    I have both trucks. I skate both trucks. I can FEEL the difference. What are you trying to prove?
    Last edited by zhorik; 07-03-2016 at 12:11 PM.

Title

i skate thunders and indys, skated forged hollow, lights, hollow lights, titaniums blablabla tried all what they have in store. now i skate a thunder team and indy raw, because i like em like that, as simple as that. skateboarding is always about preference, for me personally weight doesn't matter anymore, there were times i thought the lighter the better, that heavier trucks would affect my skating, i couldn't ollie higher with heavier trucks, but i'm over it , i skate whatever i want
    there is no right and wrong about the weight subject, it's all in your head and everybody has the right to decide for themselves, there's nothing idiot about that, just my 2 cents