Title

Default Wheels and bearings worth trying? Th

I know there's probably a million threads asking this same type of thing, but I have a couple decks waiting to be set up and I'm just looking for people's opinions on different brands and products they've tried. Anything from products that surprised you, were great for the money you paid, or just simply impressed you in general. I'm aware that skatings really just personal preference, but I like being able to see what people think. Theres a lot of smaller companies for wheels that I can't find a lot of opinions on (Paradise, Autobahn, etc.) as well as a lot of random brands of bearings. Maybe even throw in your preferences on durometers, sizes and whatnot.

Title
    Village Idiot

Spitfire F4 in 99a is good. Mine are 53mm I think. Never tried Autobahn yet.

Title
    Respected User

I've only had one set of Autobahn wheels, but they're my preferred wheels for about a year now. ABX 101/97a dual duro. I wouldn't say they're small. Maybe second tier behind Bones, Spitfire, and Ricta.

Unless you go for total crap or top shelf, bearings are bearings. I'm riding Andale swiss, but I've had Hard Luck, mini-logo, Bones reds, FKD, Black Panther, Lucky. *shrug*

Title

Spitfire f4 is definitely gonna be one of the sets I end up buying. Most likely gonna stick a set on my flip p2. I see a lot of hate on spitfire for flat spotting/wearing down quickly on their older formulas, but those problems seem to be fixed with the F4s from what I've observed.

I didn't really mean to make it seem like I thought Autobahns were a small company, I just wanted to put them in the category of "wheels that aren't bones or spits"... Probably should have been more careful about my wording. Anyways this company's kind of on my radar. I peeped a pair of Lucas puig pro model Autobahn pro ultra's for mad cheap compared to other wheels. I was thinking about putting them on my hookups deck. They got a sick scar face type graphic I was digging.

Title
    #CALEXIT2k19#makeCAgr8agn

I wonder why rocknrons stopped making bearings. His bearings were really nice.

NM he still makes bearings but his selection is a lot more limited

Title

Update: My friend wanted to sell his skate so I bought it for cheap, scored a set of small Momentum wheels with some bones super reds bearings in them. I shined them up a bit and now they're spinning the fastest out of all of my bearings.
    Last edited by Nsskater93; 06-02-2016 at 08:38 PM.