Title

Default What are some good deck companies?

I'm just starting skating and I want to build a board but I want to know if their a some deck companies that are publicly hated or something before I get something. Also what are some popular deck companies? Any extra information we be greatly appreciated.

Title

Well The only brands I've skated are Homegrown ( local shop), Enjoi and my friends have let me skate their Real and Mystery decks. From my experience looking on this site, YouTube, slap and other randomness I've concluded that Deluxe seem to be the most universally accepted decks. This would make sense, as my friend bought a Real deck secondhand that lasted him ages. Real, Antihero, Krooked are some brands under the Deluxe umbrella. On the other hand, Dwindle decks seem to be the most hated as far as I've seen. Companies under the Dwindle umbrella are Almost, Cliche, Darkstar and Zero ( there may be more idk).

Title
    Writer of Street Poetry

Title
    crazy and cute

welcome boards are fun.

Title
    olwXcrew

palace heroin landscape isle polar magenta

Title

I had a toy machine and it lasted a while. It also had a good amount of concave.

Title

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qinBhCov-Uw this video explains a lot of the reasons why my first legit setup was bought at my local. There's something awesome about this place that just feels like home. Awesome art, great decks, a bowl to skate and a bakery that serves awesome gourmet pizza. What more could you ask for? The deck with the Nova Scotia map on it in this video is the same graphic I have.

Title

As long as it is a brand name legit company, any brand deck is good. A lot of companies get hate but don't deserve it. Pretty much any company that was listed here are suitable.
    360 Flip!

Title

^ Yeah I hope nobody reads my posts and thinks "oh crap, well now I can't buy Dwindle boards"... But since his question seemed to have a social aspect I thought I'd give him my opinion based on what I've seen. I personally bought an Almost deck and although I haven't set it up yet, I'm pretty stoked on it and can't wait to skate it. A lot of people hate on Hookups, but I bought one on sale for nostalgia. You'll find all kinds of people with different opinions about what they think is better or worse. My advice, take it all with a grain of salt. Just buy what you want, skate what you want and when you want, save the politics for the politicians. Eventually you'll find your preferences.

Also, on an unrelated note, Trust, you're from the 209? that's tight. Diaz Brothers for life lol
    Last edited by Nsskater93; 05-17-2016 at 10:26 AM.

Title

Yeah just go with one board at a time on what suits you. The Enjoi deck I rode was good and i liked the concave. I wouldn't mind riding a Blind deck as well because their team is super good.

And to Nsskater93, Yup I was born and raised from the 209 Stockton, I run into the Diaz brothers on the street every so often and they are super cool, real and down to earth brothers. They get a lot of love in their hometown and are appreciative of it. I smoked a joint with Nick Diaz once and it was cool. haha. I'm not friends with them but they are nice dudes tho.
    360 Flip!

Title

I was one of the few people that thought Nate was gonna beat that Conor Mcgregor guy, it's honestly annoying that he doesn't get more recognition for tapping him out like he did. He beats him and still all you see is Mcgregors face and name everywhere, you'd swear nobody even witnessed that fight. I hope he gets the rematch and beats him again so all the guys in Mcgregors division can finally get a shot at the title.

Title

Girl is very good, they say. I bought one a few days ago, it will arrive my home hopefully today.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by AndoGreen View Post
    I'm just starting skating and I want to build a board but I want to know if their a some deck companies that are publicly hated or something before I get something. Also what are some popular deck companies? Any extra information we be greatly appreciated.
    as long it's not a walmart deck you shouldn't have any problems . Only company i've seen take some hate was Element but then Element was always a little different . I like my Element board very much but right now i am looking for a bigger board

Title

Quote Originally Posted by cani633 View Post
    Girl is very good, they say. I bought one a few days ago, it will arrive my home hopefully today.

Girl is very good boards. The concave is much mellow but the decks are thick and solid.
    360 Flip!

Title

Quote Originally Posted by trust553 View Post
    Girl is very good boards. The concave is much mellow but the decks are thick and solid.
    I see, the board arrived my home today. It is light, seems durable but like you say the concave is mellow. I hope it wont get more mellow by the time.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by cani633 View Post
    I see, the board arrived my home today. It is light, seems durable but like you say the concave is mellow. I hope it wont get more mellow by the time.

Hey that might be a good thing. I would just set it up and start riding around. The feel of it may surprise you once you get use to it.
    360 Flip!

Title

There are many good companies out there and everyone has their favorites. Don't let someone else dictate what you buy. Go to the shop and ask the guys/girls there what they have and ask them what they like about them. Some people buy particular brands out of loyalty to the owner or founder, some because a particular skater is on the team, others just like the graphics. A few people will of course ride particular brands because they like the shape. For a beginner the shape is secondary for now until you have a point of reference. For example if you buy a girl deck it may have a mellow concave shape but once you ride it a lot you will get used to it. Then you can feel the shape of a different brand with a deeper concave shape and then using your first deck as a reference decide if you feel the deeper concave feels better or not. Just buy a major name brand and find a graphic you like and skate the crap out of it. Worry about the rest later IMO.

Some me good ones I like are as follows. These are just the decks I have felt myself and like them. Not a lot of experience with durability etc but they are all quality with fans of each.
    anti hero
    real
    girl
    chocolate
    baker
    almost
    habitat

i have even skated on a revive that a neighborhood kid has and it felt good too. They are about $20 cheaper than most major brands which might be a plus. They get some hate because they don't really have an established pro team and they got their start from YouTube video revenue. That said, the product seemed ok to me. Not a fan of the graphics though but that's just preference.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Lisztomania View Post
    welcome boards are fun.
    Just got one, And they are by far the weirdest most fun board i have skated. Use to only skate Krooked but Welcome decks are my new Krooked
    Shitting on Sidewalks.

Title

get a shop deck if you have a skate shop its cheap and effective

Title
    Respected User

Im skating a foundation, but honestly its all hype man. Find a size and shape you like and skate that thing!

Title

I can't stand Chocolate/Girl boards, the shape is nice but the wood is crap, they snap like tater chips. Skate Mental is the good version of Girl and Chocolate.

Title

I liked my Girl board and the wood felt thick to me. However, I don't think I would buy a Girl/Choc ever again because I had better experience with other brands. I'm riding a Creature right now and the deck is really good. I'm not a fan of steep concave but I liked the Creature better then the Girl.
    360 Flip!

Title

Quote Originally Posted by zhorik View Post
    I can't stand Chocolate/Girl boards, the shape is nice but the wood is crap, they snap like tater chips. Skate Mental is the good version of Girl and Chocolate.
    The nose and tail chip easily too, I hear ya