Title

Question New Bearings Heating Up! Good or Bad?

I just went to a local skate shop and bought a new deck, wheels, and hardware. They had a special where if you bought certain wheels they came with a free set of bearings. The brearings weren't branded and came in a little camera film style case. I have only ever ridden Bones Reds but I thought I would give them a shot since they were free with the wheels I wanted. I just assembled the board and have been skating for 20 minutes. I noticed that they spin okay and feel like my old bones reds bearings but they seem to be getting pretty hot. After rolling on them for a minute or so they seem the wheels themselves are hot to the touch. Not hot enough to where it hurts but still noticeably hot. Does this happen normally to new bearings or is this a bad sign?

Title
    Respected User

they gonna catch on fiya

Title

All bearings heat up because of friction, smoother bearings mean less friction and less heat. Part of the issues might even be the wheels... some materials conduct better and helps to dissipate the heat. This is part of the reason why sports cars use alloy wheels.