• Yes

0 0%
  • No

28 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 37 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    Title
    Squares Need Not Apply

Yeah, the left side of my body is different from the right side, my rib cage is slightly longer on the left etc.

Title
    Village Idiot

I finally benched a plate. So stoked.

Title
    Ain't Nothin But A Peanut

Good job! Now two.

Title
    Village Idiot

2 plates is going to be a long journey.

Title

You can do it.

Title

I believe in you CCCP dont be a wuss wuss like me that gave up at 215

Give it a year or so you should catch up to most of us if you're starting to do things right

Title
    Village Idiot

I'll try man. My next goal is to rep a plate 3*5.

Title
    Village Idiot

Also, I'm on starting strength as of now. My lifts have made gains, which I am very happy. My power cleans stayed the same for some reason. Not sure why. I started doing 3*5 power cleans until I learned that it's actually 5*3 and some websites mixed it up. 5*3 is pretty challenging as I go super heavy on my cleans.

Title

You'll be flat benching more than me in no time cccp (cause I don't do it)

Title
    Village Idiot

Honestly, how long would it take for me to get pretty muscular? Provided that I eat enough. I want to enter college looking sexy as fuck for the ladies.

Title
    blunted in a 600

Amazing how much BBB works for 531. Breaking plateaus, also got my nutrition more in check
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddig View Post
    decide it - go for it - live it - just do it - fake it to you make it - if you can dream it, you can do it.

Skate, do strength training, eat healthy things, keep yuor mind healthy, open and clean, (don't fill it with bad news)
    Let the young people inspire you...
    / Henning
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    I want to enter college looking sexy as fuck for the ladies.

Title
    ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้ ้็็็็็้้้

Honestly, how long would it take for me to get pretty muscular? Provided that I eat enough. I want to enter college looking sexy as fuck for the ladies.
    Depends on how big you wanna be. 2-3/4 years. If you did just a bodybuilding program for 2-3/4 years you might look about the same as a strength oriented program like 6 months sooner.. if you even look any different at all. All that shit is diet bro,. 2lbs of lean muscle a month, so 5 lbs a month of weight gain is a good pace. Find the weight you wanna be at, get a little past it then cut.

Title

Cccp if you want to look good you need to be serious about a bulk and start doing a lot of volume and a lot of accessory work. You won't look like a bodybuilder doing 3x5 sets of bench power cleans and squats until you're doing those lifts for a lot of weight. And even then not as much.

If if that's one thing I've learned now from lurking bodybuilding stuff, the dudes still are plenty strong, but there's guys that hit 225 on bench that have way better looking chests than the dude doing 315.

Title
    #CALEXIT2k19#makeCAgr8agn

aw stook beat me to it. I was about to add that in my signature too when i first read it lol

Title
    #CALEXIT2k19#makeCAgr8agn

yeah don't expect to like go into strength oriented programs and expect to start looking like a bodybuilder any time soon. just stick to one focus/whichever you find the most fun and you'll get there eventually.

Title

they look the same at 15% bf.

Title
    Village Idiot

Yeah, not trying to look like a 200lb bodybuilder, just trying to look cut lean and fit. Athletic body type.

Title

You're not gonna look that way without eating more which you hardly do anyways. Lean and fit and athletic are all random terms. I assume you mean you want to look big but lean. That comes down to putting on muscle and having relatively low bodyfat. That's it. Looking "fit" or "athletic" are just terms. Either way you need to eat more, and if you want to grow, do more volume.

No offense to imlee, he's strong as fuck, but he's not very big looking. Now some dudes are totally fine with that, and I'm not harping on it, in fact it's kinda badass the little dude pulls way more. That said, there's dudes weaker than him that LOOK like they can lift way more. It all comes down to the goals you want and to stick to them. And yes of course you hit a certain point where you're gonna need to lift heavy to look any bigger anyways. There's still progressive overload in bodybuilding training.

Title

To each their own. I definitely prefer "classic physiques" 70s compared to the current mass monster style deal. That said I think Olympic weightlifters are the most aesthetic

Title
    blunted in a 600

Either way you likely ain't gonna look like that by
    eating like a bitch,
    not placing training as a high priority in your life,
    and also without a stack of drugs soooo
    decide it - go for it - live it - just do it - fake it to you make it - if you can dream it, you can do it.

Skate, do strength training, eat healthy things, keep yuor mind healthy, open and clean, (don't fill it with bad news)
    Let the young people inspire you...
    / Henning
    I want to enter college looking sexy as fuck for the ladies.

Title

^that. Depending on the physique the drugs may or may not apply.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by bubbleboy View Post
    You're not gonna look that way without eating more which you hardly do anyways. Lean and fit and athletic are all random terms. I assume you mean you want to look big but lean. That comes down to putting on muscle and having relatively low bodyfat. That's it. Looking "fit" or "athletic" are just terms. Either way you need to eat more, and if you want to grow, do more volume.

No offense to imlee, he's strong as fuck, but he's not very big looking. Now some dudes are totally fine with that, and I'm not harping on it, in fact it's kinda badass the little dude pulls way more. That said, there's dudes weaker than him that LOOK like they can lift way more. It all comes down to the goals you want and to stick to them. And yes of course you hit a certain point where you're gonna need to lift heavy to look any bigger anyways. There's still progressive overload in bodybuilding training.
    I take absolutely no offense to that. To me it's a compliment. Although I will say that in person you can tell that I lift and am strong, in my personal opinion I don't think so, but I get comments from people all the time saying things like"I don't want to be buff I want a body like mckay(me), he looks athletic but he isn't too big"

im cool with it, but I know I don't look big, and until people work out with me they don't believe I lift what I lift.

Although I do disagree with whoever said that a bodybuilder will look better or whatever the comment was. Whoever said that at 10% bodyfat they look the same is correct, just look at dan green and Pete rubish, or Kevin oak when they lean out. They could compete with bpdybuilders for sure. It's mostly a priority/diet thing

but ywah, you'll need to eat correctly and increase volume to look like a bodybuilder, and while you will still be strong, the strength gains will be slower and less consistent with higher volume and less strngth specific programs

Title

Like, with strength training the size and stiff will come slower and is mostly diet oriented, for instance I've been lifting for around 4 years and you have all seen my YouTube videos or can see actual pictures of my "physique" on my Instagram @imlee888

but the rate at which you gain strength vs size and aesthetics will be pretty much inverted when you concentrate on volume increases instead of strength like bodybuilders. So you will get stronger but it will be much slower even though you may look bigger faster. So what a strength orient person might look like after a year and adding 100 lbs to a lift, a bodybuilding oriented person might add twice the amount of weight but only a quarter of the strength in that amount of time.

Title

If silent Mike went on a cut he would look like most amateur bodybuilders.

Title

here is an example, me, almost two years ago, relatively same bodyweight hitting a pr of 345 for 5
    https://youtu.be/znt-FJKETik

Vs me 3 months ago hitting 455 for the first time
    https://youtu.be/Tj1kfQzeZHc

i look pretty much the same, same bodyweight more or less, but over 100 lb gain in strength.
    now, if I had focused on diet and progressive overload with volume and not cared about strength, in that same time frame I could have gained about 48 lbs of relatively lean mass. That would be the most amount of muscle I could possibly gain in that time frame not counting body fat if I did everything perfectly, but realistically I would probably be at around 175 rather than 200 if I was trying to stay lean. I would probably struggle to pull 420 though if that were the case