• Yes

0 0%
  • No

28 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 26 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Title
    #CALEXIT2k19#makeCAgr8agn

I won't take the 10 month socal summer for granted anymore. eh, make that 12

Title
    Respected User

At least up here it's bulking season for most of the year!

Title
    Ain't Nothin But A Peanut

That is a good trade off. Big "cut" season here.

Title

that's true. it can get unbearable under the extra insulation as well.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by SIK View Post
    It often feels like I have to choose between skateboarding and lifting, and of course lifting has to win. During my time off I was having a blast skating for hours and progressing again, and now that I'm back to lifting I have no energy left to skate, and the days I don't have to lift I feel like I should be recovering from lifting rather than skating (though I usually end up skating anyway).

Anyway, where's all the lifters at? This thread's dying.
    All the lifters may be are out at the streets or skateparks.
    I give skateboarding first priority and do training in the morning or evening.

Here I do workout in the skatepark after skating.
    / Henning
    It's never to late to skate.

Title

Lifting first thing in the morning is a good idea. I usually lift at 6pm (which used to be my dedicated skateboarding time).

Title
    Respected User

Sadly, lifting almost took the place of skateboarding for me. I can't juggle both, they don't work well together. I remember being beat up trying to tre flip this stairset for 2 hours and then going to the gym. Worst experience ever. I skated yesterday and only flat ground and it gave me a soreness very similar to leg day.

Title

When it comes to weightlifting, should I be pushing for as much weight as I can handle with fewer reps or as many reps I can handle on slightly less weight?

Rooster Cockburn: Club of Cool Kids member and overly-zealous COCK worshipper

Title
    Respected User

There are many programs you can follow. As a general rule of thumb: <8 is for strength, 8-12 is hypertrophy, 13+ is cardio lhh. I do both strength an hypertrophy so I just let my reps for compound lifts be between 6-12, and sometimes when I'm warning up on lifts I'll go up to 15 reps. For accessory work such as isolation for biceps and triceps I keep the reps over 20

Title
    Village Idiot

I'd go 5 or less reps for main lifts. 5 sets of 5 reps or 4 sets of 5 reps is good if your 4th set was really hard.
    Last edited by CCCP; 08-24-2016 at 12:32 PM.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Larz View Post
    When it comes to weightlifting, should I be pushing for as much weight as I can handle with fewer reps or as many reps I can handle on slightly less weight?
    If your goal is weightlifting (lifting the heaviest weight) you shall do the first.
    The second: many reps with slightly less weight is more for bodybuilders.
    it's the simple explanation.
    The body should gradually lift more than it used to, so it responds by becoming stronger and bigger muscles.
    Example: If you can squat 1 rep max. 100 pound,
    start week 1 with 70 pound,
    week 2 75 pound
    week 3 80 puond...
    and so on to you end up with something about 105 ponud.
    It's the principle, but find a specifik strength training program on the internet and follow this.
    / Henning
    It's never to late to skate.

Title
    Respected User

I finally have 100% of my shoulder mobility back. It healed extremely fast once I let it rest and stopped using my shoulder for 2 weeks. Only problem ill have now is throwing a ball, because doing that motion still hurts. I'll take it easy for another month and I should be golden hopefully. The tendon doesn't make a snapping noise anymore so that's good

Title

I started a new full-time job and forgot to get back on SBC. I've been lifting after work around 6 pm and am still on a cut...a very slow cut. I'm down to about 180 lb now - another 5 or 10 to go. My lifts haven't gone down too much during the cut.

Title

Depends on your goals, whether you want to focus on strength or hypertrophy is up to you. I'd hop on a beginner program like starting strength or strong lifts 5x5. I think most of us started on those programs but there are tons of programs to choose from. If you want to focus on hypertrophy hop on a bodybuilding program

My shoulder is taking forever to heal. It's been stuck at 85-90% since the break.

Title

I want strength and hypertrophy lol

Rooster Cockburn: Club of Cool Kids member and overly-zealous COCK worshipper

Title
    Village Idiot

I'd focus on strength. Working low reps and high sets work fast twitch muscles more.

Title
    Respected User

Warm up

Heavy compound exercise ( Bench, Squat , Deadlift , TBars, whatever ) Pyramid sets 12,10,8,6,4,2,1

Hypertrophy complementary exercises 8-12 reps ish

Pump sets and drop sets to finish.
    I motion that people post pics of they're dicks with a tape measures lined up along it

Title
    Respected User

I keep it plain and simple. 1 exercise per muscle group, 4 sets per exercise, upper body day, lower body day while training abs and glutes every day.

I was so excited to go to the gym at my university but now I found out it's actually in a community centre on campus plagued with ego lifters and noobs. Also the bar there has rings in a weird place, when I bench I don't exactly know where to put my hands and I have to sorta play with it to get the feeling. On the plus side, they have huge bumper plates lol

Title
    Village Idiot

I seriously can't get any bench gains. I've been stuck at the same weight for almost a year. I can get lower body lift gains though, like squats, deadlifts, power cleans, and RDL's. Before you guys say anything, yes I am eating enough.

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    I seriously can't get any bench gains. I've been stuck at the same weight for almost a year. I can get lower body lift gains though, like squats, deadlifts, power cleans, and RDL's. Before you guys say anything, yes I am eating enough.
    Switch to dumbells
    I motion that people post pics of they're dicks with a tape measures lined up along it

Title
    Respected User

Lol same here CCCP. Technically I added 40lbs to my bench over the last year but due to injury resulting in inactivity I'm basically back to where I was a year ago. As far as core and legs go I made some strength. Most importantly I added a bit of size, but only gained about 10lbs over the course of the year.

Title

Was going to start back up fully today but I still have this stomach bug or whatever.

Title
    Respected User

Took about a 3 week break due to training excersises and leave and since i've been back my workouts have been extremely shit.

Title

How's Italy?

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by bubbleboy View Post
    How's Italy?
    The country is beautiful but I don't care for the people or the culture shock.