25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

28 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 24 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Title

I've been limiting my meat consumption since I don't find most meats tasty/useful for my diets unless they're good quality. How do you prepare your chicken? Like what kind of chicken do you buy from the store? All I eat all day is wheat based products and dairy.

Title
    #CALEXIT2k19#makeCAgr8agn

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyboy View Post
    I've been limiting my meat consumption since I don't find most meats tasty/useful for my diets unless they're good quality. How do you prepare your chicken? Like what kind of chicken do you buy from the store? All I eat all day is wheat based products and dairy.
    I only eat chicken breasts most of the time (not a lot of red meat in my diet atm). Sometimes I get the 10lbs frozen bag from costco, other times I get fresh skinless breast halves from the market, sometimes I get ones with skin and bones attached and prep them later. How I cook them, I'll season them with paprika, salt, pepper, tumeric, etc, and then bake it in the oven, but recently I've become a fan of boiling or poaching my chicken in a pot of water. Takes a lot of the chicken taste out, softens it up, and makes it easier to wash down with water or some kind of homemade sauce. The key is making a delicious sauce --- I'm beginning to enjoy eating chicken breasts again. haha

So I felt bad for taking a week to deload so today I just did the weight I left off on (only on lower body) before the deload but cut the reps in half and it doesn't feel like I lost much strength. Maybe a tiny bit but nothing I can't make up in like 1 session. but my shoulder feels 95% better now so it was productive overall.
    Last edited by SIK; 08-06-2016 at 07:22 PM.

Title
    blunted in a 600

Back on the horse w 5/3/1 and it feels good. Different rep and set and weight ranges every week so it's always interesting. Plus I can make (slow) progress without having to put on weight
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddig View Post
    decide it - go for it - live it - just do it - fake it to you make it - if you can dream it, you can do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddig View Post

Skate, do strength training, eat healthy things, keep yuor mind healthy, open and clean, (don't fill it with bad news)
    Let the young people inspire you...
    / Henning
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    I want to enter college looking sexy as fuck for the ladies.

Title
    ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้ ้็็็็็้้้

Everybody add or follow or whatever me on oneset

imlee888

Title

At the skatepark, there is some strength equipment, and in a skating break, I did some dips and chins.
    After skating, before I rode home, I did the chinups again with my backpack and skateboard on my back.
    / Henning

Title

Henning, please give me directions to the fountain of youth.

_________

I slept at 11pm and woke up at 1am, and since then I couldn't sleep. I'm getting bursts of hunger out of nowhere which is why I woke up. It's not a bad thing since I'm racking up 3500+ calories a day and putting back some of the weight I lost. Dunno if I should go to the gym today since I'm only on 2 hours of sleep. Been forced to do goblet squats, since I'm still adjusting to the exercise, the next leg day I'll probably exceed the highest dumbbell they have at the gym (100lbs) and from there I'll probably start front squatting. Goblet and front squats really harm my posture because they tighten my quads quite a bit, but the movement in itself is very easy for me and I can ass to grass on it. Back squats are the exact opposite, ive been completely struggling with 135lbs because of the strain it puts on all the wrong muscles. I can get the reps in, but by the end of it I feel like I'm about to faint.

Title

Im in a similar position, I only had 2 hours of light crappy sleep before i woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. Today is heavy lower day so just gotta get amped up on pre I guess.

Title

lol I fell asleep for 7 hours right after I posted that

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyboy View Post
    Henning, please give me directions to the fountain of youth.
    _________
    decide it - go for it - live it - just do it - fake it to you make it - if you can dream it, you can do it.
    Skate, do strength training, eat healthy things, keep yuor mind healthy, open and clean, (don't fill it with bad news)
    Let the young people inspire you...
    / Henning
    It's never to late to skate.

Title

Started 5/3/1 for my bench today thanks to oneset having programs on it and tracking them with calculators
    doing conjugate for my deadlift based on massthetics conjugate method since it's more of an advanced/elite lift compared to my bench. Gains to be made.

Title

I ended up taking a short nap but it's definitely not the same as sleeping a good 6-8 hours. Had to rely on some good ol' pre workout for the grogginess.

Good is thing I didn't lose any strength but I definitely felt detrained and didn't feel like lifting at all. I got gassed midway into the set and I got my second bout of exertion headaches ever during the last rep of squats on my first set. Had to stop after the 5th rep and concentrate on my breathing technique which seemed to help.

Title

So the first time I ever got an exertion headache was during pullups on the last upper day of deload week. The second time was yesterday during first set of squats, and today I've been getting it after every set of every lift. I'm debating whether it's smarter to just continue lifting as usual or I should just take a complete week off.

Title

I'm still on sailing /skate holiday in my boat, and in the morning before breakfast, I do a short workout.
    This morning I did Ab crunches, hanging reverse crunch, arm stretches 2 and 1 arms and bench dips.
    Looing forward to do som squat with weights, when I'm home again.
    / Henning

Title

In the skatapark yesterday I did chin ups together with the guy with the longbord, that I met.
    At last before I rode home to the marina on my bike, i did chins with all my skate gear on my back, and he took the picture. :)
    / Henning

Title

This might be a stupid question, but how useful are non-weightlifting exercise (like push ups and chin ups etc) for strength training?

Rooster Cockburn: Club of Cool Kids member and overly-zealous COCK worshipper

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Larz View Post
    This might be a stupid question, but how useful are non-weightlifting exercise (like push ups and chin ups etc) for strength training?
    Well, they are still weightlifting exercises, just using your bodyweight. Personally, as I've been benching for over a year now, pushups just don't cut it for me, it's too easy and therefore I can do reps forever. If I really wanna do pushups I do variations where I have to use much more tricep and way less chest and shoulder. Chin ups are great, just look at henning. Not many people can do set after set with added weight to their chin ups, so bodyweight is a great way to increase your strength. It's comparable to lat pulldown on a machine. As far as bodyweight exercises for legs go, I can only think of pistol squats and one legged calf raises. Anything else is just too light for your legs. It's all about the goals you set for yourself. You can train your whole body just using your bodyweight. I think it's harder though.

Title

TherE are things like calisthenics for those who want to take BW exercises to the next level but at some point you have to start adding weight to those bar exercises once they get too easy. Good for endurance but tend to neglect the legs.

Title

Well I'm a skinny fuck so doing about 50 push ups definitely makes me feel the Bern. I can definitely feel chin ups working me. I just wanted some advice for things I can do to help maintain strength on the days I can't make it to the gym.

Thanks guys

Rooster Cockburn: Club of Cool Kids member and overly-zealous COCK worshipper

Title

You can do those and HIIT but if you don't stay dedicated to the gym you'll lose strength

Title

Remember, the key to building muscle is proper recovery. You sometimes are better off taking a rest day than going out there and tearing more muscle fibers before they fully had the chance to heal and grow. (Assuming you're not just about strength training but also bodybuilding)

Just did upper body, going late during the evening definitely has its cons, I'm more fatigued than ever. I'm back to doing light weight, but since my shoulder is recovering I believe that I can actually add 5lbs on my bench on every following upper body day and catch up to where I was before. That's 10-15lbs increase on bench per week. My shoulder press and back exercises are already up to par more or less than before my injury so there's that. I still get excruciating pain hanging on a bar, but only when this one thing happens: I feel a tendon or something flexible in my shoulder literally stretch. Then there's a click sound and the pain comes as the supposed tendon snaps back to place
    Last edited by Tommyboy; 08-10-2016 at 07:35 PM.

Title
    Village Idiot

Gained 5 pounds so far. School is starting and I need some help organizing my workouts. I got hypertrophy training every day for football but also weight training class every other day at school. I'm not sure how to fit that in without overtraining.

Title
    Yada, Yada, Yada

Lol @hypertrophy training

Title

I'm taking the rest of this week off. Fuck, I just got finished with deload week without losing any strength, but if I'm overexerting myself on a deload day, I'm probably not doing it right.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    Gained 5 pounds so far. School is starting and I need some help organizing my workouts. I got hypertrophy training every day for football but also weight training class every other day at school. I'm not sure how to fit that in without overtraining.
    Your lifts are too light to put a strain on your nervous system. And you can do all of that if you just EAT MORE and take weekends off you will recover fine

Title

Bench dips from my morning workout in the boat.
    I also did
    Arm stretches with 2 and 1 arm
    Hanging reverse crunch.
    /Henning
    Last edited by Buddig; 08-12-2016 at 04:21 AM. Reason: forum software /browser mismatch