http://youtu.be/1lhtcG8I-_s

Title
    ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้ ้็็็็็้้้

Got 350 on squat today, 15 lb pr.
    which puts me at a 1015 lb total
    avout time I broke 1000

Title
    Yada, Yada, Yada

You've gotta do it all in the same day before having a "total".

Title
    Village Idiot

How do you guys get to increase the amount of weight you can lift? I know that you gotta weight train, but sometimes I'm not making much gains. Feel like I'm missing something. My bench has not been going up so much, but I can squat more and more. I've seen huge increases in my lower body, but not so much in upper body.

Title
    blunted in a 600

Well you run Starting Strength, then when you start to stall on that, go to Texas Method which will last you a long time, then when you stall on that go to 5/3/1 and you can run that pretty much forever as there's lots of variations.

Or track your calories and eat more.

Or if one of your lifts is particularly lagging, run a program specifically catered for that, like Smolov Jr for bench or squat for example
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddig View Post
    decide it - go for it - live it - just do it - fake it to you make it - if you can dream it, you can do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddig View Post

Skate, do strength training, eat healthy things, keep yuor mind healthy, open and clean, (don't fill it with bad news)
    Let the young people inspire you...
    / Henning
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    I want to enter college looking sexy as fuck for the ladies.

Title

How do you guys get to increase the amount of weight you can lift? I know that you gotta weight train, but sometimes I'm not making much gains. Feel like I'm missing something. My bench has not been going up so much, but I can squat more and more. I've seen huge increases in my lower body, but not so much in upper body.
    1. Eat more
    2. Follow an actual program
    3. Cut out accessory work, too much volume will hinder your gains, and I'm sure you're not advanced enough to be needing any accessory work anyway.
    4.naturally your upper body lifts are going to progress much more slowly
    5. Make sure you're using proper form. I'm not even gonna get into how important it is, if you're ignorant enough to not worry about form and take this advice then I'm not going to bother explaining how leverages and shit work to your advantage
    6. Don't ego lift. You don't have to struggle with a weight for it to make you stronger. For Instance, with stronglifts 5x5 you should have at least 2 reps left in you after every set. Otherwise you are starting too heavy.
    also to go along with this, don't try to take extreme jumps. 5 lb jumps when you are ready.

These are the basics, and I know from your posts that you don't follow them all

Title

Quote Originally Posted by fallenskater425 View Post
    You've gotta do it all in the same day before having a "total".
    I know don't crush my dreams

Title

Quote Originally Posted by king View Post
    lol from imlee of all people

Lol in terms of deadlifts yes, i do use horrible form. I also know what portion of my deadlift sucks and why because of it tho, and if I were giving someone else advice it would be to learn to do it correctly so you have no mechanical weak points. I know I don't post many squat or bench videos but my form with them is pretty on point. Not perfect because noones is, but much better than my deadlift form

Title
    #CALEXIT2k19#makeCAgr8agn

I guess the original thread is gone for good... that's messed up. It was fun to read through earlier posts and what not.

Title

I know :(

Title
    Respected User

how did the original thread get deleted?

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyboy View Post
    how did the original thread get deleted?
    Who knows :(

Title
    Respected User

Been going to the gym 5 days a week for a month since I have so much time to kill. I've looked up videos for proper form but idfk anything about programs or w/e. Lemme know what I should adjust. I feel really good afterwards and social confidence is going through the roof.

Every morning starts with 10 minutes of heavy breathing on the stationary cycle.

Monday - Back/shoulders
    Lat pulldown
    Cable row
    Overhead press
    High row

Tuesday - Chest
    Incline press
    Decline press
    Flat bench
    Dumbell fly

Wednesday - Legs
    Squat
    Calve raise
    Deadlift

Thursday - Bicep
    Bicep bar curl
    Overhand bar curl
    Hammer curl

Friday - W/e I feel like

I throw in situps when I have the energy, and I do forearm workouts when I'm waiting for a station to open up.

Title
    Village Idiot

It should be more like
    Monday: Upper Body
    Bench Press
    Pull ups
    Shoulder Press
    Lat Pull Down
    Dips
    Bicep curls

Tuesday: Lower Body
    Back Squat
    RDL
    Deadlift
    Box Jumps

Wednesday: Core
    Mason Twists
    Resistance band Situps
    Plank
    (Insert obliques exercise)

Thursday: Upper body again
    Incline bench
    Lat rows
    Skull crushers
    Bicep curls
    Wall toss

Friday: Lower Body again
    Power Clean
    Hang Snatch
    Bench Squats (Squat on a box, bench, whatever)
    Last edited by CCCP; 03-21-2016 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Forgot shoulders

Title

Quote Originally Posted by bobziggen View Post
    Been going to the gym 5 days a week for a month since I have so much time to kill. I've looked up videos for proper form but idfk anything about programs or w/e. Lemme know what I should adjust. I feel really good afterwards and social confidence is going through the roof.

Every morning starts with 10 minutes of heavy breathing on the stationary cycle.

Monday - Back/shoulders
    Lat pulldown
    Cable row
    Overhead press
    High row

Tuesday - Chest
    Incline press
    Decline press
    Flat bench
    Dumbell fly

Wednesday - Legs
    Squat
    Calve raise
    Deadlift

Thursday - Bicep
    Bicep bar curl
    Overhand bar curl
    Hammer curl

Friday - W/e I feel like

I throw in situps when I have the energy, and I do forearm workouts when I'm waiting for a station to open up.

dont listen to cccp, if you were doing a split like that then he might be pretty right for the most part
    BUT
    you don't need to be doing a split like that. As a beginner(lifting less than about 2 years consistently), whether you want size, strength, or both, your best bet is a full body split every other day 3 times a week.

This is may seem like it isn't as fun, will be more time consuming, and not as effective, but look at it like this;

bodypart split; if you hit every body part once a week for a year that's 52 workouts.

push pull leg split; about 104(generaly able to hit every body part 2x a week)
    full body every other day,3x a week; that's 156 workouts per body part in a year.

so even if you are doing more volume on the split routines per day, you are getting less volume throughout the week and in general than you would a full body split.
    also, as a beginner frequency is extremely important, especially when you are still learning the movements. You need as much practice with them to be proficient.

cccp can't even follow a routine for more than a couple months, eat enough, or make any kind of gains in general, I wouldn't really listen to him till he becomes more experienced and as an athelete more mature and wise.

also, if you google shit and the first thing you see is some bro science body part split routine Arnold apparently did back in the day or some pro does, ignore it.
    1. You are natty
    2. You aren't an advanced lifter
    3. Which also brings me to my next point, they have no linear progression

and speaking of linear progression, that is what you are going to need to look for in a program. Not a list of exercises and a rep set scheme, that's a routine not a program.
    programs will get you results, routines will make you feel good for the day.

im glad to see you are incorporating the right movements in your routine already, squat, bench, deadlift, overhead presses, rows, Olympic lifts, and just general multi joint compound movements (heavy) are going to get you the best results for whatever your goals are, be it strength or size, or even losing weight(these actually burn more calories than cardio!)

the programs that work will incorporate these with some sort of progression. The best ones for beginners- late beginner/intermediate atheletes out there are stronglifts 5x5, and starting strength.(there are others as well, but these are generaly regarded as the best and most efficent for all goals in the fitness industry)
    if you look these up, you may notice that they are lacking on what's called "accessory movements." Things such as curls, tricep push downs, etc. It is because as a beginner you are getting plenty of volume(what helps you grow, and what causes hypertrophy. Total amount of work done. Setsxrepsxweight) to grow, and intensity(how hard you have to work, which is what strength comes from. Your strngth comes from your central nervous system and how many muscle fibers you can activate, not just how much muscle you have, as many people think.) to build as much muscle as possible as well as as much strength as possible since you are able to recover workout to workout so quickly.

if you really want to add accessory work(which won't make near as much of a difference as you think, especially as a beginner)there are ways to do that with these programs. You won't build any more size or strength in your lifting career with a 10x3 than a 5x5 though, you want a balance as a beginner, because you can only build so much muscle in a givin time period, and 5x5s will build the maximum amount possible anyway(as a beginner at least)

please see take this into account, as it will help you and give you the basics for a successful lifting career for whatever your goals are. These are the basics, but the most important ones.

I urge you to look into stronglifts 5x5 and starting strength, and if you have any questions please ask. I want people to make as little mistakes as possible when beginning lifting, and if you listen to these things you will be successful

Title
    Yada, Yada, Yada

Quote Originally Posted by bobziggen View Post

Monday - Back/shoulders
    Lat pulldown
    Cable row
    Overhead press
    High row

Tuesday - Chest
    Incline press
    Decline press
    Flat bench
    Dumbell fly

Wednesday - Legs
    Squat
    Calve raise
    Deadlift

Thursday - Bicep
    Bicep bar curl
    Overhand bar curl
    Hammer curl

Friday - W/e I feel like

Don't dedicate a day to biceps, and you don't need a "whatever day", especially as a beginner. 3-4 quality days are a lot better for you then going to the gym and doing biceps.

May I suggest an upper/lower split? Usually I'd suggest a program like stronglifts...which would be infinitely more effective for a beginner, but it gets boring and makes people cry.

Something like

Upper 1- Bench, chest, tris, shoulders
    Lower 1- Squat, quads, calves (conditioning-sprints,prowler, etc)
    Upper 2- Shoulder press, delts, upper back, Biceps
    Lower 2- Deadlift, hamstrings/lowerback, lats

So basically a main lift, and then do a bunch of exercises for muscles that help that main lift.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by fallenskater425 View Post
    Don't dedicate a day to biceps, and you don't need a "whatever day", especially as a beginner. 3-4 quality days are a lot better for you then going to the gym and doing biceps.

May I suggest an upper/lower split? Usually I'd suggest a program like stronglifts...which would be infinitely more effective for a beginner, but it gets boring and makes people cry.

Something like

Upper 1- Bench, chest, tris, shoulders
    Lower 1- Squat, quads, calves (conditioning-sprints,prowler, etc)
    Upper 2- Shoulder press, delts, upper back, Biceps
    Lower 2- Deadlift, hamstrings/lowerback, lats

So basically a main lift, and then do a bunch of exercises for muscles that help that main lift.

This is is also legit for a beginner, but still less overall workouts/volume than a full body split.

Title
    Village Idiot

Quote Originally Posted by imlee View Post
    dont listen to cccp, if you were doing a split like that then he might be pretty right for the most part
    BUT
    you don't need to be doing a split like that. As a beginner(lifting less than about 2 years consistently), whether you want size, strength, or both, your best bet is a full body split every other day 3 times a week.

This is may seem like it isn't as fun, will be more time consuming, and not as effective, but look at it like this;

bodypart split; if you hit every body part once a week for a year that's 52 workouts.

push pull leg split; about 104(generaly able to hit every body part 2x a week)
    full body every other day,3x a week; that's 156 workouts per body part in a year.

so even if you are doing more volume on the split routines per day, you are getting less volume throughout the week and in general than you would a full body split.
    also, as a beginner frequency is extremely important, especially when you are still learning the movements. You need as much practice with them to be proficient.

cccp can't even follow a routine for more than a couple months, eat enough, or make any kind of gains in general, I wouldn't really listen to him till he becomes more experienced and as an athelete more mature and wise.

also, if you google shit and the first thing you see is some bro science body part split routine Arnold apparently did back in the day or some pro does, ignore it.
    1. You are natty
    2. You aren't an advanced lifter
    3. Which also brings me to my next point, they have no linear progression

and speaking of linear progression, that is what you are going to need to look for in a program. Not a list of exercises and a rep set scheme, that's a routine not a program.
    programs will get you results, routines will make you feel good for the day.

im glad to see you are incorporating the right movements in your routine already, squat, bench, deadlift, overhead presses, rows, Olympic lifts, and just general multi joint compound movements (heavy) are going to get you the best results for whatever your goals are, be it strength or size, or even losing weight(these actually burn more calories than cardio!)

the programs that work will incorporate these with some sort of progression. The best ones for beginners- late beginner/intermediate atheletes out there are stronglifts 5x5, and starting strength.(there are others as well, but these are generaly regarded as the best and most efficent for all goals in the fitness industry)
    if you look these up, you may notice that they are lacking on what's called "accessory movements." Things such as curls, tricep push downs, etc. It is because as a beginner you are getting plenty of volume(what helps you grow, and what causes hypertrophy. Total amount of work done. Setsxrepsxweight) to grow, and intensity(how hard you have to work, which is what strength comes from. Your strngth comes from your central nervous system and how many muscle fibers you can activate, not just how much muscle you have, as many people think.) to build as much muscle as possible as well as as much strength as possible since you are able to recover workout to workout so quickly.

if you really want to add accessory work(which won't make near as much of a difference as you think, especially as a beginner)there are ways to do that with these programs. You won't build any more size or strength in your lifting career with a 10x3 than a 5x5 though, you want a balance as a beginner, because you can only build so much muscle in a givin time period, and 5x5s will build the maximum amount possible anyway(as a beginner at least)

please see take this into account, as it will help you and give you the basics for a successful lifting career for whatever your goals are. These are the basics, but the most important ones.

I urge you to look into stronglifts 5x5 and starting strength, and if you have any questions please ask. I want people to make as little mistakes as possible when beginning lifting, and if you listen to these things you will be successful
    This is just straight up disrespect. You don't know if I don't follow my routines. You don't know how much I eat. So what if I'm skinny, I still lift and still have good form and more or less know what I'm doing. What's really important is that you work both sides of your muscles. Triceps and biceps, chest and back, abs and lower back, quads and hamstrings, etc. You don't want a muscle imbalance. You also gotta leave 48 hours of rest for your muscles so they recover and you don't overtrain. Make sure your form is good. Rule of thumb is to keep your back straight for exercises like deadlifts, squats, power cleans, RDLs, etc.

Title
    #CALEXIT2k19#makeCAgr8agn

^ Which mod? We should hogtie him and roast him over the fire pit.

Title
    Ain't Nothin But A Peanut

I'll say this, I'm gaining strength the same as I was on a 5x5 program doing PPL and size. You can program a PPL to incorporate both main lifts doing 5x5 and then accessory work. People have different goals Imlee, if he wants to do a split like that there's not really any reason not too. Many nattys make just fine strength and size gains doing so. Him running SL 5x5 isn't gonna do shit for what he wants if it's solely looks based.

Title

This is just straight up disrespect. You don't know if I don't follow my routines. You don't know how much I eat. So what if I'm skinny, I still lift and still have good form and more or less know what I'm doing. What's really important is that you work both sides of your muscles. Triceps and biceps, chest and back, abs and lower back, quads and hamstrings, etc. You don't want a muscle imbalance. You also gotta leave 48 hours of rest for your muscles so they recover and you don't overtrain. Make sure your form is good. Rule of thumb is to keep your back straight for exercises like deadlifts, squats, power cleans, RDLs, etc.

Classic cccp post. I wasn't intending to disrespect you, I used to be in the same boat as you. I'm just going off of previous post of yours, as well as the one you made, and this one speaks for itself. If you really think a beginner needs to do a split like that, and that those are the only important things then you don't need to be giving advice. Btw, you're back doesn't have to be straight on those exercises(if you're a beginner I would keep it straight though and disregard this statement), as long as you have structural integrity and don't let any sheer or flection in your lumbar spine happen you will be okay, that's why people such as Pete rubish can do rounded back deadlifts(and why I don't focus on keeping my entire back straight as well, just the lumbar spine)

cccp, I'm not saying you aren't smart or haven't made any gains, just that you aren't EXPERIENCED enough YET to be giving advice to a complete beginner like this, especially with programming.
    Like , do you even know the difference between fitness, fatigue, and gpp?
    im just saying you should become more wise before offering complete beginners advice, even I hate telling people anything besides "look up strong lifts 5x5, and eat"

Title

I put somewhere in that post that there are ways to incorporate accessories into it. I just didn't go into it very deeply, but things like 3x5 and accessories instead of 5x5 should work
    and you've also gotten past the pure novice part, so naturally you are able to make as much gains on a ppl split than full body, mainly because you would take longer on a full body split to recover since you're not a pure novice.
    Thats too far ahead for him to worry about now though, and I'm trying to help him optimize shit

Title
    Village Idiot

I rarely do full body workouts. I split them into upper body, lower body, and core (which includes lower back). I also want to get the point across that you must work to balance muscles so if you work chest you also have to do back exercises. I acknowledge that I don't know everything, but I still know enough to give basic advice, but not really anything advanced or complicated. You're giving the impression that I'm talking out of my ass and I don't like that.

Title
    Ain't Nothin But A Peanut

I will definitely say you aren't going to be doing an RDL well if your back rounds. The moment it rounds it takes the load off your hamstrings and glutes and right to your low back.

Title
    Respected User

I'll check out some articles on split programs. Basically I'm just trying to gain weight. I'd be happy if I could gain 20 pounds by summer. I've been tall and super skinny all my life. Making a habit of eating a ton of stuff is hard, but I've gotten into meal prep so breakfast and dinner is always ready, with snacks and sandwiches through the day. Going through at least a gallon of milk a week. Definitely drinking a lot more water than I used to. 3 Liters per day.