Title

Default I need help on my FS 180's

Ok, so when i try to front side 180, sometimes I only move 90 degrees, and sometimes I just can't land it properly. Please give me some tips.
    I started skating. That's all you need to know. WUTANG X OFWGKTA

Title

Try swinging your arms when you do it and wind up before you ollie. Also, get some speed, momentum helps
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the Conqueror View Post
    the only time I ever landed a backside flip down el toro was when a girl was watching
    Gonna be more careful around storm drains from now on.

Title
    Desert dreams

Winding up your upper body a little to the opposite of the spin direction helps a lot. Everything else mechanic wise is similar to an Ollie, just unwind your shoulders as you do it.

Title

Thanks for the tips guys. I will try that next time
    I started skating. That's all you need to know. WUTANG X OFWGKTA

Title
    #CALEXIT2k19#makeCAgr8agn

yeah it's all in the shoulders. just wind your shoulders and do an ollie

Title

the motion is in the knees, and shoulders. when you pop you have to move your knee (front) in the direction as well as your shoulder. watch Aaron Kyro's explanation. practice with the board stopped, and move your front foot up and as soon as it hits the bolts, move your knee FS .

Title

I'm gonna put here a single video, which made me land clean FS 180s from nothing. Here it is, best teacher eva https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ__DqKJRhk

Worry about the pop not the spin. Pop... Than once you get some air rotate your 180. Dont pop and than immeditley spin your board.... Youll want to wait until the peak height of your ollie before you turn your 180. Its two seperate motions.

Title
    Respected User

I used to do them by swinging the shoulders, nowadays I fs 180 more with my feet, that way I get higher/quicker fs 180s. Basically I pop down and swing my back foot forward quickly, I see a lot of people 180ing by swinging their body with the board, they look sloppy and clumsy, have no pop, and is slow.

When you first learn them, for sure use your shoulders to do the trick. Once you get better, it's more in the pop.

not my best 180 but I do them like this, I sometimes don't even wind up my shoulders like that
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqI-ksg0tKc
    Last edited by R; 04-03-2016 at 03:28 PM.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Reo View Post
    I used to do them by swinging the shoulders, nowadays I fs 180 more with my feet, that way I get higher/quicker fs 180s. Basically I pop down and swing my back foot forward quickly, I see a lot of people 180ing by swinging their body with the board, they look sloppy and clumsy, have no pop, and is slow.

When you first learn them, for sure use your shoulders to do the trick. Once you get better, it's more in the pop.

not my best 180 but I do them like this, I sometimes don't even wind up my shoulders like that
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqI-ksg0tKc
    Lmao I saw the scooter vid lol. Balls to the face !!
    But yeah that's a sexy 180.