Title

Default Picking up new deck today.

Since skating again I have been using an old setup my friend gave me and I snapped the tail last night. I am looking for a sturdy board and would like some recommendations. I am mostly flatland with some small stairs here and there. Nothing crazy. 5'9" and 190lbs. I appreciate any recommendations since you guys know the newer equipment.

Title

Deck size is really personal preference but for 5'9'' I guess between 7.75 and 8.15 or so. As for brands, I've skated Baker and Plan B. I like them both but I really like the shape and pop of Baker decks. I don't suggest Girl or Chocolate because they have been said to hot-press their decks. As long as you pick a size you like its hard to go wrong with decks, its about trying them out to find what you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the Conqueror View Post
    the only time I ever landed a backside flip down el toro was when a girl was watching
    Gonna be more careful around storm drains from now on.

Title

Appreciate the info piedude. I wound up getting an American Nomad 8.5, Indy trucks, and Bones 56mm wheels. Deck has an old school graphic on it like I am used to from the 80's. Board is made in USA (PA) and the designer has ties to CT (state I live in). Owner of the shop said due to my weight and the fact that I land hard that the 8.5 would be a good fit for me. Wheels came with Bones red bearings and they threw in the hardware and grip tape. He also gave me some thin riser pads in case the wheels rub. Looking forward to the weekend. Thanks again for the reply