Title

Default Weight and age problems

Hey everyone. This is my first post here.

So I have two problems before I start to learn skateboarding.

1- I weigh 265 pounds that's 120 Kilos (currently on a diet)

2- I'm 25 years old.

My questions are:-

1- Am I overweight to start learning skateboard ? Should I loose more weight to skateboard better ?

2- Am I too late ? I see many pro skaters aged 8 or 12. Not saying I want to become a pro skater. I just want to enjoy doing the basics like ollie and how to turn. Probably a kickflip.

What should I buy as a first board ? complete board ? Best wheel size that suit me. Board mm ?

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Saloooh91 View Post
    1- Am I overweight to start learning skateboard ? Should I loose more weight to skateboard better??
    I wouldn't let weight prevent you from skateboarding, its one of those things that anyone can start to learn. Being in really good shape may make certain tricks easier, but I wouldn't worry about it. Some tricks where you spin the board a lot require lots of leg strength, but those are all pretty advanced.

2- Am I too late? I see many pro skaters aged 8 or 12. Not saying I want to become a pro skater. I just want to enjoy doing the basics like ollie and how to turn. Probably a kickflip.
    It's never too late to start skateboarding! You can find pros that are 8 years old but you can probably find a skater just as good that's 50. Don't let age hold you back.

What should I buy as a first board ? complete board ? Best wheel size that suit me. Board mm ?
    This is a pretty tough question seeing as how wheel/board size is based largely on personal preference and size.Tell us your height and shoe size and we can recommend something from there. Also, if you give us a budget we can show you boards that fit your needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the Conqueror View Post
    the only time I ever landed a backside flip down el toro was when a girl was watching
    Gonna be more careful around storm drains from now on.

Title

Hey everyone. This is my first post here.

So I have two problems before I start to learn skateboarding.

1- I weigh 265 pounds that's 120 Kilos (currently on a diet)

2- I'm 25 years old.

My questions are:-

1- Am I overweight to start learning skateboard ? Should I loose more weight to skateboard better ?

2- Am I too late ? I see many pro skaters aged 8 or 12. Not saying I want to become a pro skater. I just want to enjoy doing the basics like ollie and how to turn. Probably a kickflip.

What height you have? But 120 probably is a lot, unless you are flexible and fast eitherway. I was overweight a lot too. I am like 5'7 (170cm) and weighted around 85+ kilos. After I started skating, it's been half a year, lost about 20 kilos and learned a lot of tricks that people with 2 years of experience have hard time keeping up with me. So no, you can go skate already and start with basics. Weight will go away by itself, trust me. I lost weight despite eating 4 portions of meal in one sitting everyday. But I skate around 10 hours every second day. (Note: I knew how to ollie already 12 years ago. Started skating again at 21, I'm still 21, 4 days left for 22!)

Anyway, you got the taste of my rainbow.

I'm 21, soon 22 OMG so happy I will force myself to land switch heel tomorrow. :D
    Anyway, no, age doesn't matter. It's sport, some of my very good friends are from age 13-35+ So in short, 25 is still young. It depends how young you feel, how much you wanna skate. Everything else will workout well. Don't be shy, this is a sport where people are united. Don't know shit, go to someone in park and ask a tip for help. Besides, being a bit older has advantage too! You understand tricks better, have more control to force your body to do unusual movements in order to land a trick.

Give me your weight so I can give you more specific answer for the setup question.

But overall I'd recommend everyone start with complete 8.0, it's cheaper and still good quality for starters. Unless you wanna take it seriously like me and make custom skate yourself. Another tip if you decide to go with basic size which is 8.0, I'd say just go to skatepark and ask nicely what size their boards are, and if you can try them. Nobody said no to me, and I found my perfect skateboard within like 2-3 months.

Title

Age is not a problem, whether you are 5 or 50, you can do this. But the only problem I can accept is, you weight. I mean, you can ride a skateboard for sure but catching good tricks needs you to be fit and a little bit skinny. Im 65 kg and 1,75 m height but I'm blaming my weight XD

Title

checkout tired skateboards haha

Title

Your ages is definitely no issue. Your weight on the other hand depends on how physically capable you are in respect to your weight; can you jump high? Can you lift your legs well? Etc. The only thing you'd have to worry about is snapping your board. I'd suggest losing weight either way

Rooster Cockburn: Club of Cool Kids member and overly-zealous COCK worshipper

Title
    #CALEXIT2k19#makeCAgr8agn

yeah, I can see how being overweight would be a problem as far as balancing, agility/reaction speed, and snapping boards go. It's difficult to be quick and overweight at the same time which skateboarding is going to require as you get more advanced. But for now I wouldn't worry about that too much while learning the basics and lose weight as you go. Age doesn't matter as long as you're having fun doing it

Title

also I would see it as a workout!

JUST DO IT!

Title

Quote Originally Posted by DanGolfy View Post
    Yup, I had the same trouble and first of all you took up workout. You aren't late to start sckateboarding. You should to balance your diet You should to get balanced between calories, workout and drinking water. It is very important, but difficult. When I was in the same situation I have ordered online health and fitness program. It doesn't cost to much, but start to works immediately. It is very convenient when you have visual straight plan. Here is the link: https://www.modernfit.com/programs/
    Why didn’t anyone tell me about this some months ago?!