View Poll Results: Which of these four should I buy?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bones Super Swiss Six

3 18.75%
  • Shortys Black Panther Ceramic

2 12.50%
  • Bones Swiss Labyrinth L2

1 6.25%
  • Andale Swiss

4 25.00%
  • Other (please say which in the thread)

6 37.50%

Thread: Bearing advice?

Title

Default Bearing advice?

I'm considering getting new bearings during the holidays and was wondering which of these to get:

1) Bones Super Swiss Six -- I've heard the six ball design is faster than that of the seven and you can never really go wrong with bones

2) Shortys Black Panther -- These are easily the cheapest ceramic bearings on the market. I've been wanting to try a ceramic bearing but have never ridden anything other than bones (yea yea I'm a newb). I've heard pretty good things about the black panther bearings but don't know much about them. Are these seven ball? Are the shields rubber and/or removable?

3) Bones Swiss Labyrinth L2 -- The reason I'm choosing these over the classic Swiss is because I've heard that for the extra $5 the performance difference is significant. I figure if I'm gonna drop $40 or $50 for a set of bearings I want the best I can get.

4) Andale Swiss -- These are by far the cheapest out of the four. I like the company but will probably end up spending the extra $$ for a set of higher end bearings such as one of the 3 above.

Right now I'm ridding a set of super reds which I clean with 91% isopropynal (did I spell that right?) and lube with bones speed cream. I prefer a bearing with removable rubber shields. Does anyone have any experience with any of these or have any other suggestions? Which should I get? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the Conqueror View Post
    the only time I ever landed a backside flip down el toro was when a girl was watching
    Gonna be more careful around storm drains from now on.

Title

update: I've heard the swiss six are the best out of the four but i still want input or other suggestions
    the only time I ever landed a backside flip down el toro was when a girl was watching

Title

Out of that list I only tried the Swiss Labyrinths and honestly I was really disappointed. Not worth the money for sure and I think the Super Swiss Six aren't either.
    I suggest Shake Junt 7s, one set lasted me a year and the new ones I just got are doing great too.

Why do u need new bearings anyway.

I ride Super Swiss 6 and honestly the difference isn't really noticeable. The first week or 2 I got them they were fast but now they're slower, and I clean my bearings from time to time. One thing I like though is the steel in the SS6 seem to be of high quality because they don't rust as much as my old reds, and the SS6 are smoother.

In short, speed is fast at first but slows down overtime like any other bearing, is smoother, and more rust resistant. But that doesn't mean you should go skating in the rain/flood

Title
    Village Idiot

You'll notice the difference if you go real fast.

Title
    Respected User

ive had regular bones swiss for half a decade. same set
    Quote Originally Posted by DontHateJustSkate View Post
    fucking old people so quick to judge but so slow to walk

Title

Get Bronson or Independent abec 7 or the Black. Half the cost of most of those you list. Just as good as Bone swiss. Better yet get mini-logo and just save.

Title

i've had issues with breaking the retainers in bones bearings, specifically the swiss ones and i've had both the swiss 6 and the regular swisses. i've been riding modus blacks and they seem to be holding up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burrut View Post
    they are hotter without them. and i dont give a fugg about ankle support. it's my dumbass fault for not landing the trick, so i deserve to get fuxxed up ankles

Quote Originally Posted by iEnjoiGirls View Post
    i've had issues with breaking the retainers in bones bearings, specifically the swiss ones and i've had both the swiss 6 and the regular swisses. i've been riding modus blacks and they seem to be holding up.
    Yea me too when I clean my SS6 the retainer sometimes halfway popped off but I just rearrange the balls with a thumbtack and push the retainer back down.

Title
    Village Idiot

By the way, Andale Swiss is the same as Bones Swiss. The same factory or company made it, just different name or branding.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by piedude View Post
    I'm considering getting new bearings during the holidays and was wondering which of these to get:

1) Bones Super Swiss Six -- I've heard the six ball design is faster than that of the seven and you can never really go wrong with bones

2) Shortys Black Panther -- These are easily the cheapest ceramic bearings on the market. I've been wanting to try a ceramic bearing but have never ridden anything other than bones (yea yea I'm a newb). I've heard pretty good things about the black panther bearings but don't know much about them. Are these seven ball? Are the shields rubber and/or removable?

3) Bones Swiss Labyrinth L2 -- The reason I'm choosing these over the classic Swiss is because I've heard that for the extra $5 the performance difference is significant. I figure if I'm gonna drop $40 or $50 for a set of bearings I want the best I can get.

4) Andale Swiss -- These are by far the cheapest out of the four. I like the company but will probably end up spending the extra $$ for a set of higher end bearings such as one of the 3 above.

Right now I'm ridding a set of super reds which I clean with 91% isopropynal (did I spell that right?) and lube with bones speed cream. I prefer a bearing with removable rubber shields. Does anyone have any experience with any of these or have any other suggestions? Which should I get? Thanks.
    You gonna make a guide on bearings now?
    Favorite Truck: 2016 GMC Sierra 3500HD
    *spooky skeletons intensify*

Title

Quote Originally Posted by feelgr8andsk8 View Post
    You gonna make a guide on bearings now?
    very funny...

Title
    #CALEXIT2k19#makeCAgr8agn

I have regular bones swiss and I've had no issues with them. It's still rolls fast and the last time I cleaned them was around june last year. I say just get whichever bones has the best deal.

Title
    Village Idiot

I think the Bones Super Swiss Six is the best out of the ones mentioned here.

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by FuriousCookie19 View Post
    I just rearrange the balls with a thumbtack
    sounds painful

Title

I highly suggest you give Independent abec 7's a try.
    Current setup:
    - Deck: Skatemental 8.125
    - Griptape: Jessup
    - Trucks: Thunder 147 Hi
    - Wheels: Bones STF v3 54mm
    - Bearings: Shake Junt abec 3
    - Hardware: Shortys allen key

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by wouthezx View Post
    I highly suggest you give Independent abec 7's a try.
    Plastic shields that shatter almost right away. Don't do it.

Title

unless you are going down a megaramp on longboarding, bearing really don't make much difference, don't other think. I always just cheap bearing as once I got a pair of swiss and they felt the same as any other bearing broken in.

Title

Of those mentioned in the first post, i've only definitely heard of the Black Panthers. I remember there being a lot of buzz around them being one of the hottest products on the market when they came out, but i've never got a chance to try them. I will say all my experiences with products by Bones have been without regrets, and I got swiss ceramics in right now - those babies can really move! I have heard they need to be cleaned often but I haven't noticed much of a problem yet. A bit on the pricey side but I think they were a worthwhile investment. If I had to replace, i'd probably get one of the reds or something from Lucky.
    Bearings: Bones swiss ceramics
    Deck: Tactics emblem II 7.75
    Grip: Mob M-80
    Shoes: DC Kalis lite
    Trucks: Krux downlows
    Wheels: Bones moffart 52mm

Title
    Outside youre Local Vapour and Eciggerate Store

dont waste money on anything other than reds , if youre feeling fancy super reds.

ようれ あっっ ふぁっごっ

Title

Original Bones Swiss. They roll fast forever, with no gimmicks. I have had a set for 9 years that roll just as fast as the new set I picked up for a second set up. They are louder than the new ones for sure, but still haul ass. I've broken many sets of bearings in my time because I didn't want to pay for Swiss, until I bought a set. They are worth every penny.