Title

Default What do you all think of this list?

http://www.complex.com/style/25-best...nds-right-now/

I'm surprise they have Bianca/Call Me 917 at number 1 (Olson crew is sick though: Cyrus Bennett, Genesis Evans, Jesse Alba???, Max Palmer??? and Kohlton Ervin) cause i thought Huf or Supreme would take it. I would rate Bronze 56k, Quasi, Theories or any of the Theories brand higher than Supreme since their popularity mostly came from Hypebeast kid wearing them. I'm also shock at Hammer getting in over Baker and Deathwish. I don't know that much people who skates Hammer aside from Bmcsteve.

Title

Hammer is lowkey sus

and i fucking love alex olson and genasis evan's skating

Title
    ť

I don't even know what Supreme is.

Title

I don't know what any of those brands are except for Anti Hero, Habitat, HUF and Krooked. Fuck, I'm old.

Title
    Moderator 2: Judgment Day

List is stupid, but it's complex so of course it's gonna be a hypebeast list

I dig Supreme and have several of their items, but I'm well aware of how removed that is from CORE SK9ING. Hell, the stuff is so expensive I treat it nicely and would never wear it skating lol

Anything limited/sold at Dover Street Market next to CDG and Gosha shouldn't be anywhere near a list of the best brands in skating

If your headphones arenít beats by dre youíre a peasant :^)

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Jasimskate View Post
    and i fucking love alex olson and genasis evan's skating
    1) yes 2) no
    Last edited by Vlad the Conqueror; 10-18-2015 at 12:11 AM.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the Conqueror View Post
    List is stupid, but it's complex so of course it's gonna be a hypebeast list

I dig Supreme and have several of their items, but I'm well aware of how removed that is from CORE SK9ING. Hell, the stuff is so expensive I treat it nicely and would never wear it skating lol

Anything limited/sold at Dover Street Market next to CDG and Gosha shouldn't be anywhere near a list of the best brands in skating
    I love Olson but Bianca Chandon to me seem more of a fashion line rather skate brand. His crew with 917 is tight especially Cyrus Bennett. Beside Olson should offer his stuff to more local shops around the US rather than just New York base. As far as i know some shops have a hard time getting Bianca or 917 gears in.
    I still feel Bronze 56k/Theories should of been higher on the list with the footage that Peter and Josh puts out. Supreme wouldn't be bad if it wasn't for the Hypebeast kids and i'm positive their stuff would be less expensive as well. I would've of put Pyramid Country on this list along with Politic, NorthernCo, Scumco&Son, Lurknyc (I believe Nick is selling softwoods) just to name a few that should be on this list.
    Last edited by NSX900; 10-18-2015 at 12:30 AM.

Title

Olson has straight up said Bianca isn't a skate brand. It's a fashion brand. 917 is a cool idea, but it's almost as hard to get that stuff as Bianca so what's the point

LurkNYC puts out like a couple shirts? Pyramid County is cool and has a couple shirts/hoodies? Bronze is also cool but puts out a minor product to justify their forays into vaporwave skate vids. Don't feel like those really qualify as "best skate companies" either.

nah, Supreme's been doing the same thing for over 20 years. Their prices are for the most part fair given the quality of materials and the location of manufacture. It's just that they haven't increased their stock any and they got more popular so it's become more hyped

Title

Haven't heard of most of those, so I definitely wouldn't call them top 25. They just haven't been around long enough to really stick out in my mind as a go to for products. Hate to say it but I think tried and true beats young and new, mostly(exceptions do exist). I always look towards the guys that are still doing it, still surviving changing trends, still being strong lasting forces in an industry, whoever's still standing and putting out quality goods. Those are the ones that I invest in, not the stuff i'm unsure about like all these new companies.

Lists don't really mean anything, if anything they're a newbie trap - but seasoned veterans who've tried various brands and their offerings will already know what works best for them. And most of the time it won't be the same as what you see on a top 10 type list someone wrote. You'd be way better off going to an actual legit skateshop, talking to the employees and asking about what they sell, trying out what you can to get a feel for it's performance. It will tell you much more than anything you can google about what's good or not. Leave the lists for social media sites that thrive on popularity and gossip, but when money is on the line, try before you buy.
    Last edited by Russo; 10-24-2015 at 06:14 PM.
    Bearings: Bones swiss ceramics
    Deck: Tactics emblem II 7.75
    Grip: Mob M-80
    Shoes: DC Kalis lite
    Trucks: Krux downlows
    Wheels: Bones moffart 52mm

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the Conqueror View Post
    Olson has straight up said Bianca isn't a skate brand. It's a fashion brand. 917 is a cool idea, but it's almost as hard to get that stuff as Bianca so what's the point

LurkNYC puts out like a couple shirts? Pyramid County is cool and has a couple shirts/hoodies? Bronze is also cool but puts out a minor product to justify their forays into vaporwave skate vids. Don't feel like those really qualify as "best skate companies" either.

nah, Supreme's been doing the same thing for over 20 years. Their prices are for the most part fair given the quality of materials and the location of manufacture. It's just that they haven't increased their stock any and they got more popular so it's become more hyped
    Bronze, LurkNYC and PC puts out good skate content but the whole thing about "best skate companies" is just a matter of opinion and what a person backs. There's some people who probably think Bronze, PC and Lurk is whack and would much rather prefer companies like Plan B over them.
    Never own Supreme product and never will buy their overprice gear.
    I think the list forgot the true number 1 "skate company" Revive and Force. Andy Schrock's Revive is the true essence of what a skateboard company should be. All these companies on the list wish they can be like Revive. I just order 6 7.75 Aaron Kyro zombie deck.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by NSX900 View Post
    I think the list forgot the true number 1 "skate company" Revive and Force.
    exactly. #Amgrip is #2

Title
    Respected User

*shrug*
    It's a list. It'll get tons of traffic from people googling for the best skate brands.

What's the deal with 3D? I feel like BA decided to leave Girl, create a shoe nobody wanted, create a board brand he never seems to market, and then let Austyn carry the load of repping the hell out of it.

Title

as far as I've heard, 3D is pretty much considered to be a bust by everyone

Title

Who's on 3D aside from Austyn and BA. I don't think 3D is going to last. They have no promotion and no team. Fucking Awesome/Hockey and Qausi have solid team and promotion especially Qausi with Bust crew and their team (Jake Johnson, Gilbert, Tyler, Josh Wilson and Dick Rizzo). I'm surprise BA hasn't pick up anyone to ride for 3D.

Title

kadow went to 3D for a second and left. Idk who else.

Remember reading a BA interview a while ago where he was talking about a planned 3D vid that would be the antithesis of the super slick Nike style video

If it actually happens (doubtful) it will probably totally rule

BA is a rad dude and I hope he can turn 3D around

Title

Didn't Kadow leave 3D for Fucking Awesome or Hockey? Tom K is on 3D, totally forgot about him. Hopefully BA release that video. 3D needs to do something quick. I hope BA pulls it through for 3D and have a full length video. I think Alex Olson was planning a promo for Call Me 917 or something like that. Smart move by AO to pick up some of Johnny Wilson skate buddies for 917. 3D just needs to pick up some solid riders.

Title

Lol its Complex. All of their articles are pretty shitty. Not to mention they steal information from different forums such as KTT.

Title

I think its might be a group of skateboarders in which we can share our stunt tricks with each other. Visit at http://www.skateboard-guide.com/best...board-reviews/ for more information about Skateboards.