Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: where u at

Title
    blunted in a 600

Shit maybe I'll do that with my MBP, put in a SSD?

It's 4 years old and getting slowwwww. My girlfriend has a 2015 MBP and it's just that much better. Except for lack of disk drive, which shits me
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddig View Post
    decide it - go for it - live it - just do it - fake it to you make it - if you can dream it, you can do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddig View Post

Skate, do strength training, eat healthy things, keep yuor mind healthy, open and clean, (don't fill it with bad news)
    Let the young people inspire you...
    / Henning
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    I want to enter college looking sexy as fuck for the ladies.

Title
    Ain't Nothin But A Peanut

The difference between a ssd and sata is stupidly fast. I get aggravated using computers that use sata now. We got a new computer at work. I5, 8gigs of ram, terabyte sata and it's slower than my clogged down mbp with the ssd.

Title
    Fly Through The Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by PlanB View Post
    what part died? if it's the drive you can just replace it easily.
    tbh i dont even know. i bought it through the school in summer 2013 right before i started here because of the 10% student discount. but of course, strings are attached. being that if something's wrong with it you can only take it to the technology help center for a free diagnostic test. they said it had water damage but i doubt that or i wouldnt have even bothered because thats not under the warranty. the estimate was for like 1100 so me and my mom said fuck it and im just using hers until the end of this year when i graduate. seriously the only redeemable thing about buying it from here was the free diagnostics.. lml.

i still have it though because i guess when i can afford it ill take it to apple or some shit and see what they say. due to my natural paranoia i feel like its a simple fix, but they are just tryna milk me for everything i got. not surprised because this school is only about money. acceptance rate has gone up 4% in the 2 years ive been here. why? more chance of dropouts due to lower standards equaling more money for the school. all the while they cant even find funding for the campus pathway i ate shit on last night while skating home from the library. im so fucking ready to gtfo here in december lml.
    /endrandomrant
    I'm Stookie.

Title

Lol you think apple is going to not try to rip you off too?

My year mbp has a known faulty graphics card that goes bad. They've come out and even acknowledged it. It's 300 dollars for them the diagnose the problem, and then if you choose to get a new card, another 300 or so. Mine randomly gets a line of dead pixels and once in a blue moon messes up the whole screen but mostly it's fine so it seems I lucked out. But Apple isn't going to be cheap as far as taking it to them to see what's wrong

I just want to let yall know i have a 300 dollar ASUS POS computer that the second you unplug the cord it dies and there is no volume any more. It was a 'gift' from my stepmom 2 christmas's ago. But since it works i won't but a new nice labtop for my cheap ass,

fuk
    Baby Dick Mother Fuckers

Title
    banned

Quote Originally Posted by Griptape12 View Post
    hey newskater am i cute????
    ..Yass kween

yaaahs

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by bubbleboy View Post
    Huh, I had a buddy tell me that I could. My choices were very limited to ones that fit the mbp but I had options. Guess not. I know I can do the drive for sure and now SSDs are way cheaper than when I bought it. That 120 was like 300 bucks. Can I upgrade ram?
    yeah you can upgrade RAM. up to 16 GBs.

any 2.5 inch drive will fit in. the disk drive uses a standard SATA cable and you can swap it out with a hard drive enclosure to perfectly fit another drive in it.

Quote Originally Posted by BakerForLife View Post
    tbh i dont even know. i bought it through the school in summer 2013 right before i started here because of the 10% student discount. but of course, strings are attached. being that if something's wrong with it you can only take it to the technology help center for a free diagnostic test. they said it had water damage but i doubt that or i wouldnt have even bothered because thats not under the warranty. the estimate was for like 1100 so me and my mom said fuck it and im just using hers until the end of this year when i graduate. seriously the only redeemable thing about buying it from here was the free diagnostics.. lml.

i still have it though because i guess when i can afford it ill take it to apple or some shit and see what they say. due to my natural paranoia i feel like its a simple fix, but they are just tryna milk me for everything i got. not surprised because this school is only about money. acceptance rate has gone up 4% in the 2 years ive been here. why? more chance of dropouts due to lower standards equaling more money for the school. all the while they cant even find funding for the campus pathway i ate shit on last night while skating home from the library. im so fucking ready to gtfo here in december lml.
    /endrandomrant
    how exactly did it die though? is it water damage? did it get slower overtime before it would just crash and stuff? that's what happened to me, the hard drive died. i replaced it with an SSD, it was simple.

your hard drive more than likely died, there's nothing else that would really die unless you physically damaged it. just google how to replace it yourself, it's very easy.

Lol you think apple is going to not try to rip you off too?

My year mbp has a known faulty graphics card that goes bad. They've come out and even acknowledged it. It's 300 dollars for them the diagnose the problem, and then if you choose to get a new card, another 300 or so. Mine randomly gets a line of dead pixels and once in a blue moon messes up the whole screen but mostly it's fine so it seems I lucked out. But Apple isn't going to be cheap as far as taking it to them to see what's wrong
    did they do a recall for it? go and take it to an apple store, i bet you they'd fix it no questions asked.

Title

Nope. No recall which is why everyone rages about it. It's a big enough issue that it's a known potential fluke but j guess didn't meet their criteria of needing a recall. Googling the issue yields forum after forum post of pissed people who were told to cough up the dough.

I've got some extra cash, time to upgrade. Are you on Yosemite or whatever it is now? I haven't upgraded since I think snow leapord due to some stuff not working on Yosemite. I'm on 10.x Something. I imagine when j do a fresh install off my disc from 2011 it'll tell me to update. Should I? It'll force me to buy the new version of Logic but it's better so I figure worth it. Only reason i haven't hpdated is due to logic 9 not being supported.

Also closest Apple Store is 3 hours away anyways

Edit-just looked. Holy shit this stuff is cheap now. For 270 I can get a Samsung 500gig ssd and 8 gigs of ram. Crazy to think when I bought it the largest ssd they had was a 250 gig for 500 extra over the stock terabyte sata
    Last edited by bubbleboy; 07-16-2015 at 06:19 PM.

Title
    Respected User

Custom Built PC , you fucking casuals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larz View Post
    I motion that people post pics of they're dicks with a tape measures lined up along it

Title

I have one that needs either a new board or graphics card. One of the two blew up. I may just build that and keep my laptop how it is and just have it as a school machine.

Title
    Respected User

Nope. No recall which is why everyone rages about it. It's a big enough issue that it's a known potential fluke but j guess didn't meet their criteria of needing a recall. Googling the issue yields forum after forum post of pissed people who were told to cough up the dough.

I've got some extra cash, time to upgrade. Are you on Yosemite or whatever it is now? I haven't upgraded since I think snow leapord due to some stuff not working on Yosemite. I'm on 10.x Something. I imagine when j do a fresh install off my disc from 2011 it'll tell me to update. Should I? It'll force me to buy the new version of Logic but it's better so I figure worth it. Only reason i haven't hpdated is due to logic 9 not being supported.

Also closest Apple Store is 3 hours away anyways

Edit-just looked. Holy shit this stuff is cheap now. For 270 I can get a Samsung 500gig ssd and 8 gigs of ram. Crazy to think when I bought it the largest ssd they had was a 250 gig for 500 extra over the stock terabyte sata
    yeah i'm on yosemite. as for upgrading... if you really need old software then don't upgrade. snow leopard kind of has a cult following but the majority of higher level software doesn't even support it anymore. logic x is really nice though, i'd upgrade if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Custom Built PC , you fucking casuals.
    if hackintoshes weren't buggy and unreliable i would think about it. i would never go back to windows though.

Title
    Mr Shithole
    I am not going there to die, I am going there to find out if I am really alive

Quote Originally Posted by PlanB View Post
    i would never go back to windows though.

Title
    Respected User

I'm half considering getting an SSD for my laptop. The thing is hella old but has been with me long enough to consider it a solid friend, so I'd like to hold on to it as long as possible. Also, if shit gets fucked I guess I could always put the SSD in my lightyears-old desktop or give it to my dad or something. Might get a TB or so external (to transfer shit and hold) and like a 240 GB SSD if I can afford it. The drive I have now is only 320 anyways...

Also Windows is really no worse (possibly even better!) than Mac OS if you have even a moderate sense of how computers work... Applying that to day-to-day usage, of course, not "power user" shit.

Title
    Respected User

it has nothing to do with windows being more complex or whatever, just preference. i know both windows and os x well, difference is when i have to help my dad with something on his windows 8 laptop i want to throw it out the window.

i'm just so quick with macs at this point. trackpad gestures, keyboard shortcuts, etc. i just like how it all fits together. i spend too much time using computers to use a platform i dislike.

Title

I use both as stated but on windows 7 so can't comment on 8. I admit there's times I wish I had some of the trackpad tricks with 7 but. Overall it's whatever. Even though I've had the mbp since 2011 I still find navigation into program files and other things more intuitive on windows. On OS X I forget sometimes where exactly certain app stuff is located since there's two libraries sort of.

Title
    Mr Shithole
    I am not going there to die, I am going there to find out if I am really alive

Windows 8 sucks ass, I changed the bios on mine to allow windows 7 installation.

Title
    Respected User

Everyone that I've heard talking about Windows 7 vs. 8 has said that it sucks to begin with but they get used to it fairly quickly.

Preference is preference, sure. I use Macs when I work sometimes, and while I appreciate some of the finer points of their design, some of the ways the operating system goes about things just seem backwards to me.

I haven't decided if I'm gonna fuck around with Windows 10 right when it comes out or whether I'm gonna wait for Moneysoft to iron out the kinks.

Title
    Respected User

I'm chillin'.

Title
    Squares Need Not Apply

Windows 8 sparked a rage that only Windows ME once did. The whole tile thing, combined with not being able to use the Start button properly is frustrating. I have the same thing as PlanB, my mom has a laptop that uses Windows 8 and half the time I'm sitting there wondering wtf is going on.

Title
    Respected User

I really like Windows 8, haven't had any problems with it, and I went from years of Arch Linux to this. I actually use the tile menu too, I had the classic start menu installed but I ended up deleting it and going back.