Title

Default Can ollie while moving but can't ollie over objects?

I can ollie stationary and in motion perfectly. (Been cruising on the skateboard for close to three years but only started learning tricks a few months ago). My ollies are high enough to go over a deck or something. But the problem is when there's an actual object for me to ollie over, I always end up landing chicken footed. Even something as small as a hose messes me up.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by muxtaiter View Post
    I can ollie stationary and in motion perfectly. (Been cruising on the skateboard for close to three years but only started learning tricks a few months ago). My ollies are high enough to go over a deck or something. But the problem is when there's an actual object for me to ollie over, I always end up landing chicken footed. Even something as small as a hose messes me up.
    i reccomend you learn ollie up curbs and cracks, once you get used to that anything is possible.

i started doing ollies over little cracks and filmed myself to see if i could air over them, then i learned ollies off curbs, then up curbs, then over stuff

Title

ohh dude I had this problem when I started ollies, it's totally in your head man. Practicing on cracks works since it helps you with the timing of the jump, once you got that down you just gotta find something small and just attack it man. It takes a while and it'll suck but it's gotta be done.

Title
    Blatht up on thum Terries

You just have to keep repeating it over and over and grow it as slow as you need to. First get it so you can ollie over a crack while moving. But, imagine there is something on the crack, like a skateboard or something, and that you are ollieing over that.

From there, just graduate up to a pencil or little stick
    then a hose or bigger stick
    then a empty water bottle
    then a water bottle standing up

It will take a little time, but most people learn this sort of way. At least all my friends and I did. We had a big pile of bricks, enough good ones to stack 25. But that is a really good way (1 brick, 2 bricks, 3...etc) just because it's a measured, gradual progression.

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by Gunz View Post
    You just have to keep repeating it over and over and grow it as slow as you need to. First get it so you can ollie over a crack while moving. But, imagine there is something on the crack, like a skateboard or something, and that you are ollieing over that.

From there, just graduate up to a pencil or little stick
    then a hose or bigger stick
    then a empty water bottle
    then a water bottle standing up

It will take a little time, but most people learn this sort of way. At least all my friends and I did. We had a big pile of bricks, enough good ones to stack 25. But that is a really good way (1 brick, 2 bricks, 3...etc) just because it's a measured, gradual progression.
    p much this
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Godfather
    and then i didn't know what to say, and i was litereally sh!tting myself so then i just said, well yeah you have nice titties. and then i just walked away. i knew i didn't do that good when it comes to approach girls but it was my first time and i felt so good after. Like i was way more confident and i know what to do next time...and in the back of the my mind i was like damm i can't beleived i actually did this just wanted to share with u guys

Title
    Respected User

I had this issue a few weeks ago until I practiced literally for like 3 hours each day in my garage, what I did was I placed a 2x4 on the ground and skated up to it for a few minutes, then ollied next to it. And yeah cracks too and filming helped too, it's trial and error. Keep trying and I hope this helped!

Imagine you're ollieing to impress your girl.
    Last edited by mgoldman14; 03-22-2015 at 11:23 AM.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by mgoldman14 View Post
    I had this issue a few weeks ago until I practiced literally for like 3 hours each day in my garage, what I did was I placed a 2x4 on the ground and skated up to it for a few minutes, then ollied next to it. And yeah cracks too and filming helped too, it's trial and error. Keep trying and I hope this helped!

I suggesting the tricks are more subconsciously done.
    I know once I start thinking about how my balance is I start losing my balance on the board.

just like the kickflip i did
    I did not think of it, it just happened automatically.

I don't even know how to do a kickflip
    not even great at oille except for a sloppy one I did

I learn by watching. Which means I can learn to do anything
    Last edited by _sk8er_; 03-23-2015 at 07:22 PM.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by mgoldman14 View Post
    So, you want somebody who's already not confident on his board to pile more pressure on himself?

Title
    Respected User

^lol it'd be funny if he was genuinely more pressured thinking about that

Title

It reminded me of this meme

Quote Originally Posted by Yes. View Post
    ^lol it'd be funny if he was genuinely more pressured thinking about that
    I don't have much to add that hasn't already been said in this thread, I just wanted to say I love the King Crimson avatar.
    Vous venez ici souvent?
    GrandGopher

Title

Yeah I've had this the way I got over it was Ollieing over cracks
    Deck: Expedition One 8.0
    Trucks: Thunder 149
    Wheels: Spitfire f4s
    Bearings: Shake Junt abec 5
    Grip: Shake junt
    Shoes: Filament Moose

Title

Keep practicing I guess?
    Or try recording yourself while ollie-ing over an object, then watch the video to see what you've done wrong. Fix what you've done wrong.