Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mlb 2015

Title
    Desert dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Fudopi View Post
    i'd have a hard time being a fan of the marlins. both times they won the world series the owner sold off the entire team immediately after.

and they've just had a series of shitty management decisions over the years.

then again I'd have a hard time rooting for tampa bay too since they won't give you guys a new stadium.

it seems really stupid to me for teams in places with beautiful weather to play in a dome.
    I HATE Tropicana field. So damn dreary, and yes Tampa Bay is too perfect not to play outdoors in.

Yeah I'm aware of the Marlins fire sale tactics, going all in for one year and it just so happened to work both times. At least it seems they are trying to build around Stanton but damn this season was a major disappointment again.

Title
    kind of respected user

Quote Originally Posted by crailtap View Post
    I HATE Tropicana field. So damn dreary, and yes Tampa Bay is too perfect not to play outdoors in.

Yeah I'm aware of the Marlins fire sale tactics, going all in for one year and it just so happened to work both times. At least it seems they are trying to build around Stanton but damn this season was a major disappointment again.
    I'll feel bad for stanton if they never actually build a team around him.

cause he easily could've got just as much money from a winning franchise. and he structured his contract so that miami should be able to build around him in his prime.

Title

Cubs game last night was awesome

Price looked like shit today

Title

i've been to the trop and that place is pretty damn terrible lol

i took houston and the cubs in the wildcard games

i've got
    cards > cubs
    dodgers>mets
    Jays>rangers
    astros>royals

and then the cards and jays in the series. all four of these series are looking to be very good series, i love playoff baseball. i really think houston is gonna shock some people and bounce KC in four, maybe even three.

Title
    Respected User

Of those 8 team, the only ones I'd hate to win it all are the Cards and the Mets... which means one of them probably will. FML.

Title

Blue Jays need to win today, I can't handle a sweep.

Title

Blue Jays game today was insane.

So far my Blue Jays/ Cubs world series prediction is in tact.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Science View Post

that 7th inning was something else man

Title
    Respected User

I can't believe in over a hundred years of baseball, they didn't realize that's a rule that might need tweaking. Oh well.

Title
    kind of respected user

Quote Originally Posted by lonechicken View Post
    I can't believe in over a hundred years of baseball, they didn't realize that's a rule that might need tweaking. Oh well.
    what happened? i didn't see the game i was at work

Title
    Desert dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Science View Post

That 7th inning was fascinating in a trainwreck sort of way. You Canadians went nuts on that deflect ball score, I was confused too, but once they reviewed it and showed it a couple of times I made sense of it. Still, I've never seen a freak play like that.

Then Texas just totally shitting the bed in bottom half of the inning was comedic, they played bush ball. Bautista going ham and made the place explode, and two different bench clearing hissy fits... damn that was the most intense inning of baseball ever lol.

Title
    Respected User

what happened? i didn't see the game i was at work
    The play itself... Catcher throws the ball back to the pitcher, but the ball is deflected by the batter while doing his "adjust the sleeves, adjust the batting glove" routine. The result, ball darts down the line and the runner on third scores.

It was obviously an accident, but I think this should be revisited as being a live play in the future. Maybe making these things dead ball by some clear delineation that gets spelled out in the rulebook. If not, I can imagine it getting abused by batters pretending to "adjust" themselves but getting in the way on purpose.

Title

Elvis Andrus is probably going to be on suicide watch after that inning.

Title
    kind of respected user

Quote Originally Posted by lonechicken View Post
    The play itself... Catcher throws the ball back to the pitcher, but the ball is deflected by the batter while doing his "adjust the sleeves, adjust the batting glove" routine. The result, ball darts down the line and the runner on third scores.

It was obviously an accident, but I think this should be revisited as being a live play in the future. Maybe making these things dead ball by some clear delineation that gets spelled out in the rulebook. If not, I can imagine it getting abused by batters pretending to "adjust" themselves but getting in the way on purpose.
    yeah i've never seen anything like that. i'd be pretty pissed off if I was a rangers fan.

Title
    Respected User

A lot of random stars last night at Dodgers stadium. I don't know why, but I always get a kick out of seeing them on TV at baseball games. But when celebs are at NBA or NFL games, I'm like, meh.

Title

yeah i've never seen anything like that. i'd be pretty pissed off if I was a rangers fan.
    well it happened to the benefit of the Rangers, error was on Jays catcher Russel Martin, Odor was able to get at the time the game leading run, but if you mean in general yeah id be pissed to be a Rangers fan right now too.