Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mlb 2015

Title
    Respected User

I think i'm the only Yankee fan who would take Kimbrel over Chapman. Chapman is going to blow his arm out in 3 years. Plus we have Bryan Mitchell, he can get up to 98. Bellitances you all know about him. Andrew Miller, Warren etc. We need starters or long term bullpen pitchers. CC's fatass got heat stroke last night. Pineda is on the DL, Tanaka needs Tommy Jon, and CC needs to figure it out. Evoldi is our ace atm.

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by mgoldman14 View Post
    I think i'm the only Yankee fan who would take Kimbrel over Chapman. Chapman is going to blow his arm out in 3 years. Plus we have Bryan Mitchell, he can get up to 98. Bellitances you all know about him. Andrew Miller, Warren etc. We need starters or long term bullpen pitchers. CC's fatass got heat stroke last night. Pineda is on the DL, Tanaka needs Tommy Jon, and CC needs to figure it out. Evoldi is our ace atm.
    You have what 28 other teams don't have, an Andrew Miller or an Aroldis Chapman. That's why.

Title
    Respected User

Uhhh Mike Trout (fart noise)

Donaldson however is def going to win MVP.
    People are saying Texiera is a candidate and me being a Yankee fan, I agreed at first that he was def in the runnings but he's milking this bone bruise injury of his. But it doesn't matter, my Yankees are coming together.

Stephen Drew has been hitting, Didi Gregorious is literally playing better than Jeter did (so far), Arod is having a great year, Beltran is playing perfectly and I can keep going on and on. Will we knock Toronto out of 1st? I don't think so, wildcard? Yes.

What do you guys think?

Title

i think how the standings currently sit in the entire league, is how they will stand after the final day of the season. I'm calling a cardinals-blue jays world series.

I think the royals are over rated. their rotation won't carry them through a deep playoff run. they got through last season solely on speed, defense, and a stellar pen. teams know that now and have em pointed out. cubs, astros, mets, they aren't for real, this year. in the coming years i can see any and all of those three teams making deep pushes but i don't see it happening this year. pirates can make some things happen, we all know the kind of season the cardinals have put together. the dodgers have been notorious chokers the past few seasons. their defense is pretty bad, they have guys like puig and others having some down years. their middle infield is suspect. i don't see them making a ws run either. the yanks are the yanks and can always do something, but i don't think they are deep enough this year to make a run. dont be surprised if texas makes something happen, i'm taking them as my dark horse out of the AL. i just think that since the dealine, the jays have beefed up way too much and have solid enough of a rotation to be the favorite in the AL. they're hot hot hot and i think that is going to continue though october.

CAN'T WAIT FOR OCTOBER BASEBALL

Title

also, the september call ups need to be re evaluated. i read an article the other day that made some very good points about it.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseb...48994aad2.html

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by pain. View Post
    also, the september call ups need to be re evaluated. i read an article the other day that made some very good points about it.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseb...48994aad2.html

It's a decent point. I wouldn't be against something like that.

Title
    kind of respected user

i think how the standings currently sit in the entire league, is how they will stand after the final day of the season. I'm calling a cardinals-blue jays world series.

I think the royals are over rated. their rotation won't carry them through a deep playoff run. they got through last season solely on speed, defense, and a stellar pen. teams know that now and have em pointed out. cubs, astros, mets, they aren't for real, this year. in the coming years i can see any and all of those three teams making deep pushes but i don't see it happening this year. pirates can make some things happen, we all know the kind of season the cardinals have put together. the dodgers have been notorious chokers the past few seasons. their defense is pretty bad, they have guys like puig and others having some down years. their middle infield is suspect. i don't see them making a ws run either. the yanks are the yanks and can always do something, but i don't think they are deep enough this year to make a run. dont be surprised if texas makes something happen, i'm taking them as my dark horse out of the AL. i just think that since the dealine, the jays have beefed up way too much and have solid enough of a rotation to be the favorite in the AL. they're hot hot hot and i think that is going to continue though october.

CAN'T WAIT FOR OCTOBER BASEBALL
    blue jays are gonna get fucked by sweeping somebody and then having like a week off and going cold at the plate.

Title

Blue Jays, man
    killing it

Title

Quote Originally Posted by lonechicken View Post
    It's a decent point. I wouldn't be against something like that.
    In theory, the september call ups are nice because it gives your prospects a taste of the show. It works really well that way for teams that aren't in contention. But for teams in a division race, it gives them the opportunity to overly pad pitching and bench depth. You can have a team with 38 guys on their bench going against a team with 28. It just doesn't make sense to me that in september, when winning games is most important, the rules of the game change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudopi View Post
    blue jays are gonna get fucked by sweeping somebody and then having like a week off and going cold at the plate.
    Very possible. They've got solid pitching in the rotation but that offense is what they're gonna need to really break through. If the bats go cold, they're fucked. Donaldson is soooooo filthy though.

Title

i'm going to spend way too much money on baseball tickets if i get a cubs - cards playoff series.

Title
    kind of respected user

i'm going to spend way too much money on baseball tickets if i get a cubs - cards playoff series.
    shit if that happens i might try to make it to wrigley

tickets will probably be through the roof though...

Title

Sucks to be an Astros fan, they've been shitting the bed lately.

Title

I'm trying to get tickets for game one at Busch before the series starts to try and escape some of that gouging. Astros are gonna get bounced in the first round. I think they've got a shot in the wildcard game but I don't think they have the depth to win a series.

Title
    kind of respected user

I'm trying to get tickets for game one at Busch before the series starts to try and escape some of that gouging. Astros are gonna get bounced in the first round. I think they've got a shot in the wildcard game but I don't think they have the depth to win a series.
    you never know. teams get hot in october. remember the rockies in like 2007

Title
    Ain't Nothin But A Peanut

I haven't followed baseball/the marlins at all this year

Title

Jays just clinched AL title

Title

Quote Originally Posted by wangster View Post
    Jays just clinched AL title
    AL East
    15-2 just finished watching the game
    They are looking as good as ever

Title

Playoff Predictions:

Yankees beat Astros
    Cubs beat Pirates
    ===================
    Royals beat Yankess
    Cubs beat Cardinals
    Blue Jays beat Rangers
    Mets beat Dodgers
    ===================
    Blue Jays beat Royals
    Cubs beat Mets
    ===================
    Blue Jays beat Cubs

Title
    kind of respected user

i'm pulling for the cubs or dodgers to win it all. and if they don't I'll settle for the mets or blue jays cause they have former tigers.

but the cubs have always been my second favorite team since i was a baby. I'd watch the tigers with my dad and the cubs with my grand dad. the dodgers I really have no connection to i've just always thought they were cool.

Title

I'm a Blue Jays fan and the Cubs are my second favourite team. So I'm really pulling for a Cubs/Blue Jays world series.

I live in the same province, so BJ fan is obvious.

Members of my family used to work for the Wrigley family a long time ago. We have some of the Wrigley's old furniture in our basement. I feel some vague connection to the team. Plus the BJs are a new team, I also like to follow a team that has a bit more history.

Title
    Respected User

I think we can stop thinking of the Blue Jays as a new team at this point. Especially since they've won more world series titles in a two year stretch 20 years ago than the Cubs did in 100+ years.

Title
    kind of respected user

Quote Originally Posted by lonechicken View Post
    I think we can stop thinking of the Blue Jays as a new team at this point. Especially since they've won more world series titles in a two year stretch 20 years ago than the Cubs did in 100+ years.
    idk.

the marlins have more world series since 93 than half of baseball but the marlins are still a relatively new team.

I wouldn't call the marlins or blue jays an expansion team anymore but in a sport where certain teams have been playing for over 100 years, ~20 is pretty new.

Title
    Desert dreams

Marlins lol. They've won two world series and yet no one seems to remember they exist most of the time. They are my second favorite behind Tampa Bay.

Title
    kind of respected user

Quote Originally Posted by crailtap View Post
    Marlins lol. They've won two world series and yet no one seems to remember they exist most of the time. They are my second favorite behind Tampa Bay.
    i'd have a hard time being a fan of the marlins. both times they won the world series the owner sold off the entire team immediately after.

and they've just had a series of shitty management decisions over the years.

then again I'd have a hard time rooting for tampa bay too since they won't give you guys a new stadium.

it seems really stupid to me for teams in places with beautiful weather to play in a dome.

Title
    Respected User

What's the weather like in Tampa? I can totally understand Miami needing a dome (or retractable) with the summer being ridiculously hot and then also having stretches of lots of rain.