Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mlb 2015

Title
    Respected User

Wish the Os could hit .500 but our bats have been blah and our pitching is terribly unclutch
    Quote Originally Posted by Larz View Post
    I motion that people post pics of they're dicks with a tape measures lined up along it

Title
    kind of respected user

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Wish the Os could hit .500 but our bats have been blah and our pitching is terribly unclutch
    hitting .500 would shatter every record in the book lol

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by Fudopi View Post
    hitting .500 would shatter every record in the book lol
    I meant .500 record but I think you knew that. Al East is crabs in a bucket right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larz View Post
    I motion that people post pics of they're dicks with a tape measures lined up along it

Title
    kind of respected user

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    I meant .500 record but I think you knew that. Al East is crabs in a bucket right now.
    shit i think i was drunk and really thought you meant hitting .500 lol

i'm used to talking to my room mates who think getting an rbi is more important than scoring a run. I spent like 15 minutes trying to explain to him that they are the same thing earlier today and that being the one who drives in the runner is not more important than being the runner who scores.
    Last edited by Fudopi; 06-01-2015 at 09:58 PM.

Title
    Respected User

^Craziness.

Though you'll find that by the end of the season, the team's run total is inevitably higher than their RBI total. Because of stuff like grounding into a double play while a runner scores.

Title
    kind of respected user

Quote Originally Posted by lonechicken View Post
    ^Craziness.

Though you'll find that by the end of the season, the team's run total is inevitably higher than their RBI total. Because of stuff like grounding into a double play while a runner scores.
    me meant like on an individual player level,

like getting an rbi is a bigger accomplishment than if you were to hit a triple and then be driven in the following play (which is exactly what he was talking about, happened in his softball game)

and if you ground into a double play and the runner scores I'm pretty sure it's still an rbi. the only way it's not is if the run scores because of an error.

Title
    Respected User

me meant like on an individual player level,

like getting an rbi is a bigger accomplishment than if you were to hit a triple and then be driven in the following play (which is exactly what he was talking about, happened in his softball game)

and if you ground into a double play and the runner scores I'm pretty sure it's still an rbi. the only way it's not is if the run scores because of an error.
    I get what you're saying.

But as far as the rules go on the double play, it's not an RBI. See 10.04b

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run_bat...Baseball_Rules

Title
    kind of respected user

I get what you're saying.

But as far as the rules go on the double play, it's not an RBI. See 10.04b

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run_bat...Baseball_Rules
    eh that's stupid

you got the runner in

Title
    Respected User

eh that's stupid

you got the runner in

I know. It's whack, right?

Sort of like the old basketball rule (which is slightly modified now) that if the defense kicks the ball, the shot clock resets. How are those two things related?!? That'd be like in football if the QB bounces the ball off a defender's crotch, so then they have to replay the down.

Title
    kind of respected user

I know. It's whack, right?

Sort of like the old basketball rule (which is slightly modified now) that if the defense kicks the ball, the shot clock resets. How are those two things related?!? That'd be like in football if the QB bounces the ball off a defender's crotch, so then they have to replay the down.
    eh the shot clock resetting thing kind of makes sense because if it didn't there'd be pretty much no reason for the defense not to kick the ball every time someone threw a pass.

and idk if you've ever played against someone who thinks it's funny to do that at the park but it's really fuckin annoying lol.

baskeball has a lot of weird rules like that in place just to deter one team from doing something gimmicky/annoying. like how if the coach yells too much and the ref finds it annoying it can be a technical foul costing the team a point and possession. even though the coach yelling doesn't really effect the game. it's not like when a manager gets ejected in baseball the other team automatically gets a run.

Title
    Respected User

I played organized basketball when I was young and it really didn't happen that much. I'd almost say a single non-technical foul shot and possession after would make more sense than shot clock reset. Sorta soccer-like with the free-kick handball thing. But I digress.

Title
    Respected User

Anyone else thing Robinson Cano is the biggest sellout in a long time? I mean I know this is his second year in Seattle but he decided to go to a team with their home field with horrible home run demensions. When he was on the Yankees he could hit 30 homeruns to right field over the short porch. What is he like batting .250 with 2 homers and 16 rbis?

Title
    Respected User

Something like that, but I can't blame him. I would take the big money if I already have a ring, and my current team doesn't look great even if I come back. I'm sure there was a middle ground somewhere but I don't remember how his free agency went. This reminds me of every once in a blue moon when the Rockies decide they can compete and sign big free agents. Somehow, a couple of starting pitchers always end up signing with them.

Title
    Respected User

A-Rod should've made the all star team, idgaf what people say about him. He didn't juice his entire career, remember when he came up with seattle a long time ago? he was lanky af and hitting 450 foot homeruns and now he has a batting average of .280. I mean c'mon, Cespedes shouldn't be like hanging on the votes, arod should

Title
    kind of respected user

Quote Originally Posted by mgoldman14 View Post
    A-Rod should've made the all star team, idgaf what people say about him. He didn't juice his entire career, remember when he came up with seattle a long time ago? he was lanky af and hitting 450 foot homeruns and now he has a batting average of .280. I mean c'mon, Cespedes shouldn't be like hanging on the votes, arod should
    you know brian dozier made it over both of them right

and cespedes is hitting 297

and the all star game is a popularity contest anyways. nobody likes a-rod so he didn't get in.

jeter didn't deserve to get in last year, he really didn't deserve to be a starting short stop last year, but everyone likes him so he got in.

Title
    Respected User

I still don't think fans should choose because the whole home field advantage thing.

Title
    kind of respected user

I still don't think fans should choose because the whole home field advantage thing.
    theat's why i was secretly hoping the entire royals team would get in and the mlb would realize how stupid fan voting/home field advantage is and end it lol.

Title

What did everyone think of the new format for the derby? I really liked the timed rounds, the bonus time seemed a little gimmicky to me. Wasn't a fan of the bracketed style, either. I think it makes things way unfair. Say you get a guy who wins a first round match up 15-14, another matchup goes 13-12 and another goes 8-7. Guys are gonna get screwed over if they don't get rid of the bracket IMO. They should just give everyone a four minute round, the top four advance and get another four minutes, the top two combined rounds go at it head to head in the final. I think that would be a lot more fair/exciting to me. Also didn't understand why Anthony Rizzo and Kris Bryant were there. They were really unexciting.

AROD was juicing while he was still playing high school ball. Fuck him. Easily top five least favorite baseball player of mine. Selig should have thrown the book at him as his last farewell before leaving as commissioner.
    theat's why i was secretly hoping the entire royals team would get in and the mlb would realize how stupid fan voting/home field advantage is and end it lol.
    They really need to make a change. They can't let the fans vote and still make the game worth home field. They gotta make it one or the other. I think the players and managers should get to vote if they're gonna make the game count. What I think should really happen is let the fans vote for the starters, let the players and managers vote on reserves, and not make the game worth home field advantage cause thats stupid as fuck. Whoever has the best record should get home field. no doubt.

Title
    kind of respected user

Quote Originally Posted by pain. View Post
    What did everyone think of the new format for the derby? I really liked the timed rounds, the bonus time seemed a little gimmicky to me. Wasn't a fan of the bracketed style, either. I think it makes things way unfair. Say you get a guy who wins a first round match up 15-14, another matchup goes 13-12 and another goes 8-7. Guys are gonna get screwed over if they don't get rid of the bracket IMO. They should just give everyone a four minute round, the top four advance and get another four minutes, the top two combined rounds go at it head to head in the final. I think that would be a lot more fair/exciting to me. Also didn't understand why Anthony Rizzo and Kris Bryant were there. They were really unexciting.

AROD was juicing while he was still playing high school ball. Fuck him. Easily top five least favorite baseball player of mine. Selig should have thrown the book at him as his last farewell before leaving as commissioner.

They really need to make a change. They can't let the fans vote and still make the game worth home field. They gotta make it one or the other. I think the players and managers should get to vote if they're gonna make the game count. What I think should really happen is let the fans vote for the starters, let the players and managers vote on reserves, and not make the game worth home field advantage cause thats stupid as fuck. Whoever has the best record should get home field. no doubt.
    new home run derby was cool. I've watched it every year since I was a kid, and I always enjoy it, but in recent years it's kind of dragged on a bit when guys sit there taking pitches. Timed rounds fixed that. This was the most exciting one in a long time.

I agree about the brackets though. i bet they change that next year.

-

as for the all star game, i don't have a problem with fans deciding who gets in, they just need to make it so it doesn't count for anything. because the game isn't played or managed like it counts for anything. DeGrom struck out the side and got pulled right after because they need to get everyone in the game.

Title
    Respected User

Tulo-->Toronto.... WOW.

The White Sox need to trade either Chris Sale or Abreu. They need to rebuild.

Title
    Respected User

I would not be surprised if Jose Reyes moves again.

In other news, nobody in Washington likes Jonathan Papelbon. Nobody. Sure most of us think it'll help the team and that Rizzo made a fool out of Amaro, but Papelbon's basically a diva NFL wide receiver in a baseball closer's body.

Title
    Respected User

I would not be surprised if Jose Reyes moves again.

In other news, nobody in Washington likes Jonathan Papelbon. Nobody. Sure most of us think it'll help the team and that Rizzo made a fool out of Amaro, but Papelbon's basically a diva NFL wide receiver in a baseball closer's body.
    Yeah, people are saying that Reyes will be moved again.

David Price --> Toronto.

I really wanted the Yankss to pickup Price, that way we could shutdown Tanaka for the year and have him get tommy john surgery.

Title
    kind of respected user

Yeah, people are saying that Reyes will be moved again.

David Price --> Toronto.

I really wanted the Yankss to pickup Price, that way we could shutdown Tanaka for the year and have him get tommy john surgery.
    i wanted severino for price but i figured that wasn't happening.

we got a good haul for him tho.

Title
    Respected User

Price to Toronto and Hamels to Texas are great for Nats fans. Maybe I'm asking too much for the Padres to do all their last minute flurry of trades to some other harmless teams like the Orioles or Reds.