Title

Default New to long boarding!

Hi! I bought my first board. I figured id go with the Quest Super Cruiser since it was well received. I'm getting decent though I have a hard time balancing and veering to the right for some reason. I was wondering if you guys had any advice for a beginner and anything I should change on my board. I already loosened up the trucks. Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by ManoTikiTia View Post
    Hi! I bought my first board. I figured id go with the Quest Super Cruiser since it was well received. I'm getting decent though I have a hard time balancing and veering to the right for some reason. I was wondering if you guys had any advice for a beginner and anything I should change on my board. I already loosened up the trucks. Thanks !
    I'm assuming you're new to skating just in general right?

Tighten up your trucks until you get really comfortable riding. It shouldn't take more than a couple of days but you're doing yourself a disservice trying to learn on a wobbly board. When you're ready to start hitting more tight turns go ahead and loosen them up a little.

If you're having trouble turning right (leaning forward) widen your stance. I'd guess your feet are probably too close together, shoulder length is good but make it wider if needed.

Also don't be afraid to start on some slopes. It's going to be the fastest way for you to learn how/where your feet are comfortable and also how to get your balance really solid.

Don't wear flip flops. I have an irrational hatred of flip flops.
    Vous venez ici souvent?
    GrandGopher

Title

Thanks for the advice! I'll go tighten them now. You saved me a lot of work!

I hate flip flops as well :P

So I shouldn't invest in any upgrades yet?

Quote Originally Posted by ManoTikiTia View Post
    So I shouldn't invest in any upgrades yet?
    Eh, some people might disagree with me on this but I'd say no. I wouldn't.

Honestly, right now you're just getting a feel for your board and I honestly don't think you'll notice any changes in trucks/wheels/bearings/whatever else.

If you get really into bombing hills and not just cruising around the city with some little slopes, I'd suggest saving up your money and building a drop through with some real quality products; I won't suggest any to you simply because I have biases in the industry haha.
    Vous venez ici souvent?
    GrandGopher

Title

Ha. I understand.

I tightened them back up but now I can't really turn more then 30 degrees.

Also, my washers rattle unless they are bolted real tight (which doesn't allow me to turn really). Is that normal?

If you feel like it's inhibiting you loosen them up, you just don't want to start with them so loose that when you step on the board you don't feel solid/stable. Loosen them up gradually as you go along. Don't loosen it up a whole bunch and then never touch it again.

washers rattle unless they are bolted real tight (which doesn't allow me to turn really). Is that normal?
    Yeah you'll be fine. Unless stuff is actively falling off your board it shouldn't be much to worry about.
    Vous venez ici souvent?
    GrandGopher

Title

Thanks a lot man! I just rode for 40 straight minutes. Have a few bruises and blisters to prove it. lol

Title

Push all your weight to one side.

You will get better every time you practice!
    Wear you safety gear, so you won't get that scratch up and bruised :)
    Make sure you bend your knees to get better balance.

Longboardsusa.com

Drop down deck it is best for stability and maneuverability.

Title

I would love to buy this HyperOutdoor longboard because I have a passion to buy one with similar design. The price you asked for it is also pretty reasonable. I think it’s perfect for this HyperOutdoor longboard. Even the scratches you told me about are minor and who has to look on downside of the HyperOutdoor longboard to see these scratches.

I think its perfectly alright.

Title

Thanks a lot for the advice!
    happy wheels

Title

Its really help for newbie