Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Nhl 14/15

Title
    Yada, Yada, Yada

Default Nhl 14/15

It's about that time of year again.

I don't think the Rangers got any better or worse in the offseason. Lost some important players (strahlman/pouliot/b. boyle who's a good role player) but the players gained are just as good, if not better (d.boyle/stempniak/etc). Also there is a lot of youth looking to start their rookie NHL season this year, preseason/training camp is going to be very interesting and the competition is going to be tough. BUT I think the team will look like this opening day

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
    Zucc- Brassard - St.Louis
    Hagelin-Miller-Stempniak(a lot of competition on this line for C and RW, Hagelins safe)
    Glass (bleh) - D. Moore - Jesper Fast (the only person thats probably safe on this line is D. Moore. Throughout the season I could see a lot of different combos).

McDonagh-Girardi
    Boyle-Staal
    Klein- J. Moore/ McIlrath

Lundqvist
    Talbot

Very interested to see how the youth does, especially McIlrath, Haggerty and Hayes. McIlrath would be awesome since the team is pretty soft right now. Don't want or need an enforcer, but if an effective player is big, young and physical they could definitely help the Rangers out.

Rangers gave ryan malone a try-out, further increasing the competition. Hopefully he has the cocaine issues sorted out lol

So yea post opening day line predictions or random hockey thoughts.

Title
    Yada, Yada, Yada

Hey, hockey started

Title

Quote Originally Posted by fallenskater425 View Post
    Hey, hockey started

Title
    Yada, Yada, Yada

Stepan broke his leg and now the Rangers probably have the worse center depth in the NHL.

Hopefully the prospects can step up

Title
    O-K):

i didnt follow much trades this offseason but im assuming jets an oilers will disappoint me as per usual. jets are one thing thats just a low talent team thats gonna be mediocre for a while. oilers got no excuse those, all their so called "young guns" and "prospects" are early/mid 20s now and should be prime players.

Title
    Desert dreams

I haven't really followed the off-season much so I can only generally guess that Tampa should be good again, and Florida should suck. The Bolts first round sweep last year left a bad taste.

Title
    Respected User

way excited to watch the Avs play this season. However I think I'm the only one that thinks Iginla does not fit...he will always be a flames player to me, and i just dont see him meshing very well with such a young team. But I am way excited to watch NMac tear shit up! Also be watching the bruins a fair amount hopefully, and the wild cause my roommate is from snowta:/

Title
    Yada, Yada, Yada

Almost time!

My fantasy hockey league got shut down like an hour before it happened =/ .

Title
    Respected User

Almost time!

My fantasy hockey league got shut down like an hour before it happened =/ .
    Bummer man! Who are the rangers playing opening? Avs are playing wild haha, gonna be a good one.

Title
    Yada, Yada, Yada

They're playing the Blues, not going to be easy.

I've always liked the AVs. I could see MacKinnon leading the league in scoring pretty soon, and I'm also a big fan of Landeskog. Very young offensive core, and a very good one at that. Arguably the best in the league, the Rangers didn't have one player over 60 points and the Avs have like 4 or 5 haha. Could use some more help in the back-end, and in net, but besides that I see them being a real threat in the upcoming years.

Also, the Avs and the Wild have the two best jersey colors in the league IMO.

Title
    Respected User

They're playing the Blues, not going to be easy.

I've always liked the AVs. I could see MacKinnon leading the league in scoring pretty soon, and I'm also a big fan of Landeskog. Very young offensive core, and a very good one at that. Arguably the best in the league, the Rangers didn't have one player over 60 points and the Avs have like 4 or 5 haha. Could use some more help in the back-end, and in net, but besides that I see them being a real threat in the upcoming years.

Also, the Avs and the Wild have the two best jersey colors in the league IMO.
    Dude avs are getting shit on. 5-0 going into the third. Seriously looks like jv highschool hockey. They are absolutely lost out there on all fronts. Wish we wouldve drafted more defensmen, really see no need for iginla but whatever. Blues are looking good this season, I just saw statsny got knee-to-knee'd though haha.

Title
    Desert dreams

Tampa Bay opens the year with an OT win against Florida. I always hate when they play each other lol.

Title
    Desert dreams

Damn it's dead in here. Loving how Tampa is doing on power plays and penalty kills so far. Good to have Bishop in net as well, he's a beast.

Florida makes me sad, outside of the random decent year they are pretty terrible. Attendance figures have been dreadful for them so far, worst in a long time.

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by crailtap View Post
    Damn it's dead in here. Loving how Tampa is doing on power plays and penalty kills so far. Good to have Bishop in net as well, he's a beast.

Florida makes me sad, outside of the random decent year they are pretty terrible. Attendance figures have been dreadful for them so far, worst in a long time.
    I think the Oilers have more goals against then Florida has fans at a game.

Title
    Yada, Yada, Yada

Rangers off to a shitty start, but nash is beasting. They had a terroble start last year and look what happened, not worried yet. It's be nice to enjoy october hockey for a change doe

Title
    Respected User

Devils off to a pretty good start this season

Title
    Desert dreams

Bolts had a great game against Vancouver, Stamkos was a beast!

Title
    Yada, Yada, Yada

Rangers look to be getting it together...quicker than the terrible start last year. Shutting out the Sharks 4-0 is no easy feat.

Title
    Respected User

^ nice. Avs whole season is looking doomed. Not a good start at all. No idea what the hell happened

Title
    Yada, Yada, Yada

Too early to say that. Plenty of good teams get off to shitty starts and plenty of mediocre teams get off to good starts as well. For example, if you really think the Islanders are going to lead the metropolitan division, or even be in the top 3 by the end of the season, you have another thing coming lol.
    Last edited by fallenskater425; 10-20-2014 at 06:49 AM.

Title
    ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Title
    kind of respected user

Quote Originally Posted by crailtap View Post

surprised?

Title
    Yada, Yada, Yada

Tampa has a good following, I don't think the issue is florida-hockey popularity, more that the Panthers are really bad lol. But a couple good draft picks could change that, the 2015 draft is supposed to be the best one in years, so if they end have a terrible season they're basically guaranteed a superstar, maybe even McDavid who's supposedly the next Crosby.

Title
    Desert dreams

Nabokov has done a great job spelling Bishop so far, I'm liking the goalie situation a lot.

Title
    Yada, Yada, Yada

Rangers vs Wild was insane. Best Ranger comeback I've seen in a longggg time. Especially with the wild playing a quarter of the game on the PP.