Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Title

I can skate any sized wheel, I prefer big wheels though. In my area everything is rough accept the new spot that was just built (The school down the road from me got some amazing summer renovations muhahahaha). It's smooth but the staff of the school keep putting rocks and dirt all over the stair sets and near the ledges to keep us away but my friends and I skate bigger wheels (I recently went from 52mm to 54mm and wanting to jump to 58mm) so we just skate right through that shit. My wheels are worn down now so today I kept eating shit on that spot (especially since I kept under rotating my 180's and the stairs have rocks on them from the grip shit they put on the stairs so fire crackers weren't working today). Basically it all comes down to preference and I think wheels are wheels, I've had some Enjoi wheels given to me once that we're worn down to 46mm and I skated the hell out of them. Also I don't feel like I ride over coping or anything with my wheels (I still can't commit to rock to fakies though).
    New Setup:
    Real Ramondetta Animal Style 8.38 x 32.56
    Independent Stage 11 Standard Raw 149mm
    Bones 100's 54mm Color Pack
    Independent Abec 5
    Creature x Independent 1" Bolts
    Independent 1/8 Shock Pads
    Shake Junt Die Cut

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by Scenarika View Post
    I can skate any sized wheel, I prefer big wheels though. In my area everything is rough accept the new spot that was just built (The school down the road from me got some amazing summer renovations muhahahaha). It's smooth but the staff of the school keep putting rocks and dirt all over the stair sets and near the ledges to keep us away but my friends and I skate bigger wheels (I recently went from 52mm to 54mm and wanting to jump to 58mm) so we just skate right through that shit. My wheels are worn down now so today I kept eating shit on that spot (especially since I kept under rotating my 180's and the stairs have rocks on them from the grip shit they put on the stairs so fire crackers weren't working today). Basically it all comes down to preference and I think wheels are wheels, I've had some Enjoi wheels given to me once that we're worn down to 46mm and I skated the hell out of them. Also I don't feel like I ride over coping or anything with my wheels (I still can't commit to rock to fakies though).
    I know those feels with rock to fakie's man, I learnt them a couple of weeks ago. Just get comfortable rolling back and fourth up the tranny. Then eventually let your front wheels go over the coping and roll back down like you practiced.

But yeh I prefer slightly smaller wheels, like 53 (Ilet them wear down abit though). i had a phase where I only rode spit classic 50mm. Needless to say they wore down to bearing condoms within a month.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Scenarika View Post

The spots here are super rough too and everywhere is either old fucked up concrete, shitty roads, bricks or cobble stones. When I moved up here I was skating 53mm wheels and they just didn't cut it. Made the jump up to 56's and it made a world of difference.

Title

Are 52's suitable for an 8.4 inch deck? First build. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Problematique View Post
    Are 52's suitable for an 8.4 inch deck? First build. Cheers
    Doesn't really matter what wheelsize you have on an 8,4 deck. Wheels aren't like truck sizes trying to be flush with your board as much as possible. Just go with whatever wheelsize suits you best for the type of skating you do.

Title

53mm Ricta Naturals. A real mans wheel.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by ☯k i l i a n View Post
    53mm Ricta Naturals. A real mans wheel.
    58mm Spitfire Classics......faster, better urethane and they're proven...

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest_Mike View Post
    58mm Spitfire Classics......faster, better urethane and they're proven...
    Maybe, but the question is... Are they a real mans wheel?

Title

Quote Originally Posted by ☯k i l i a n View Post
    Maybe, but the question is... Are they a real mans wheel?
    The fuck is that supposed to mean?