Title

Question [Ollie] Momentum of Dragging

Do I have to jump and slide my frontfoot silmultaneously or it's rather to slide my frontfoot a split sec. after when I already popped ?
    Because I consider that I'm dragging it to early if I do it silmultaneously.

Thanks Dudes !

Title

When you pop, you should lift your front foot up and slide at the same time maybe a split second after. The pop throws the board onto the side of your foot so you can drag it up into the air.

Title

k.
    When I watch skatevideos, and look at the momentum of start sliding the front foot
    of Pro Skaters for example Aldrian Garcia (or in the super slow motion videos of an ollie in 1000 fps [at 1min 32 sec] ) , they already releasing their frontfoot as the board getting under pressure (of the pop),more precisely when the front wheels come of a <1/2 inch.

Sorry for asking it in a disease causing way.

Title
    Respected User

Try this. Ollie, but then leave your back foot on the ground and try to drag your front foot up and level out. I do this sometimes to get a feel of why I'm messing up with fakie ollies and switch ollies.

Don't make a habit of it (ollie-ing and not committing to both feet), but this should give you an idea of what your front foot timing should be like.

Title

I appreciate it and will try it.

I've found that when I ollie I have more success if I let my front foot move toward my back leg. This keeps my front foot from forcing the board down too soon. When you pop, bring your front foot back, then up, then forward. So your foot is going in a circular motion. Make sure that your back foot catches up to the height of your front foot, so the board levels out.

Title

Ok so here are the steps you need to follow , also look at my signature gif while iam olleing for image reference :)

1.Bend down
    2. Extend knees/body up
    3.Just right after or exactly in the middle before you reach full extension Pop and drag you front foot up
    4.after your front foot being up and your back foot popped , you wana suck your back leg up and drag your front foot in an upper diagonal direction causing to bone your ollies (you can neglect the diagonal dragging part if you just want normal ollies)

Ninja kick

Title

Yea thankz, i know how to do them ,it was really more an interest of the timing between the sliding and the pop-jump thing because i was messing around with the timing of sliding the foot up because it's a big difference when you see a slow motion video or by doing them.

And for me it works when i try to do the both motions (sliding and pop-jump ) at the same time.

Title

Have purchased two pair of orthofeet for myself, and they do help tremendously with my PF(plantar Fasciitis). My wife was complaining about her PF, so I suggested getting her a pair of plantar Fasciitis. She didn't want to spend $130 on a pair of orthofeet shoes, but I did it anyway. Now she wears them every day in the garden! Holding up pretty well for the abuse they get too! She won't admit it, but I think she really likes the Quantum's and they do help with the PF.