Title
    Respected User

Default Expensive shipping

I wanna buy a blank cruiser deck online and I can't find a goddamned store that won't cost me like 60 bucks of shipping. The only ''local'' store I have is Empire and they're a bunch of ripoffs. 70 bucks for a pro model and 40 for their own decks. I'm kinda pissed off at how everything seems to be expensive here.... Do you guys know any online canadian skate shops with reasonable shipping prices?

Title

How far up in Canada? You could always hit your local skate shop and support the homies.

Title
    Respected User

In Quebec, but like I said there's not many local shops around here (except for Empire, but it's more like a chain skateshop) mainly because I live in a small town. I think there are some legit local shops in Montreal, but then again, that's like 35-40 minutes away from where I live and I'm too young to have a car (or else I would drive there) and my parents don't have much time on their hands. I found a cruiser on ebay and a bundle of trucks/wheels/beariings, both for 40$ but the shipping would literally cost me 60 bucks, what a bummer

Title

Yeah I would just look up legit skateshops in the nearest city and beg your parents to take you there, thats what I did. Both skateshops near me are both 1 hour away, so I totally understand.

Title
    Respected User

If the decks are decent, you could always buy one of theirs and shape it yourself. Not the best option, but with what you have, it might work. 40 bucks for a deck isn't bad.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Bozo View Post
    If the decks are decent, you could always buy one of theirs and shape it yourself. Not the best option, but with what you have, it might work. 40 bucks for a deck isn't bad.
    That's a good point, but I don't think I would go through the trouble of shaping it, since the shape couldn't possibly be that bad. And yeah 40 is pretty good, although the local shop I go to sells Reals for that much.

Title
    Respected User

Well he was saying he wanted a cruiser in the beginning, so I suggested it from that standpoint.

Title

Aha! Didn't catch that. Yeah if you wanted a cruiser, you would have to shape it.

Title
    Respected User

Here's a CCS setup I made : http://shop.ccs.com/shoppingcart/default.cfm?sku=
    Not too sure about the deck cuz I was looking for something a bit more oldschool (like Alva).
    I've got a question though, I have an old pair (but still looking good) of royal trucks, they're 7.75's, but I wasn't sure about the width of the axles, considering the kryptos are 60mm, and they look pretty big, would they fit on ''normal'' trucks? or are there cruiser trucks I would have to buy?

Title
    Respected User

If the trucks fit on the deck, then they'll fit the wheels, but you might get wheelbite depending on the height

I'm not sure how much shipping is, but Skate Warehouse has a good selection of old school stuff

Title
    Respected User

thanks for answering my questions btw guys, but yeah SW is cool, bought my last deck from them, shipping for me is like 30$

Title

Indys all the way if you're getting an old school. And yes, you'll need risers. Skate Warehouse is really cool and they have pretty good shipping also. CCS is like the internet Zumiez or Empire.

Title
    Respected User

You might be better off buying some other brand of cruiser, Alva's are kind of expensive. I could throw something together and let me know what you think?

How much is shipping from CCS?

Title
    Respected User

sure go ahead, CCS shipping cost is 23 bucks

Title
    Respected User

This is something I'd want to pick up. You can add risers if you want.

I think I also forgot bearings, I'd change the SW ones to Bones Reds.

http://www.skatewarehouse.com/buildc...ctlist=MOBGRIP

Title
    Respected User

forgot to say I removed/cleaned some old bones bearings (not sure if reds or not, but they're fast) I had from another board my bro gave to me. But yeah that setup is cool, my only problem is that I'm looking for something specific (mostly the board's shape), I'm really into the oldschool dogtown-like cruisers. thx for the help again

Title
    Respected User

Send me some pics of what you have in mind, if you can.

Title
    Respected User

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Natural-Cruis...88c3033&_uhb=1 This or something like the 1977 alva reissue. I just really like the thin width of the deck and it not being too long (giggity). The penny's are too small tho.

Title

This, THIS, is the ultimate old school setup: http://www.skatewarehouse.com/buildc...list=MOB11GRIP

Recommended by my Dad, who rode this exact same set up besides the mini logo bolts and the six balls(he had the regular 7).

Title
    Respected User

give me a minute my man.

Alright, add your bearings you have, and maybe add some risers. Is this what you're looking for.

I dig the setup zhorik posted, but it might be too big.
    Last edited by Bozo; 04-23-2014 at 08:03 PM.

Title
    Respected User
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMagicCat
    messi= soccer ray allen

Title

And here is the link for our Canadian online skateboard shop http://www.artaviskateboards.com (with free shipping over $100, and generally under $20 for most other things)
    www.artaviskateboards.com Artavi Skateboards and Apparel | Canada's Online Skateboard Shop

www.tuun.ca Web Design in Victoria by ... myself! lol.

www.facebook.com/ArtaviSkateboards Like us on Facebook!