Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: MLB Season 2014

Title
    kind of respected user

the brewers and marlins almost made it to the playoffs, dodgers pirates and nationals did, and somehow we still end up with the same 2 teams in the NLCS we've had every other season

Title
    Respected User

:(

Title
    Mustard

Yeah, I was hoping for a more exciting playoffs, but maybe the LCS' will be interesting. I'm rooting for the Royals, but truly any team but the Cards can win and I won't care.

Title
    kind of respected user

Quote Originally Posted by Relisch View Post
    Yeah, I was hoping for a more exciting playoffs, but maybe the LCS' will be interesting. I'm rooting for the Royals, but truly any team but the Cards can win and I won't care.
    + giants

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Fudopi View Post
    the brewers and marlins almost made it to the playoffs, dodgers pirates and nationals did, and somehow we still end up with the same 2 teams in the NLCS we've had every other season
    Brewers were mad over rated all year long, losing fernandez really hurt florida's chances. dodgers had a shit bullpen, pirates are a joke and the nats couldn't get any offense going outside of bryce harper. If you wanna win big you gotta play big all around the diamond and none of those teams had any of that in them.

I'm going cardinals in six over sf and baltimore over kc in five, thoughI would love to see another I-70 series between kc and stl.

Title
    Mustard

Being in first place all year doesn't mean they were overrated.

Title

the brewers have shit pitching. their rotation was nothing at all to write home about, average at best, and the pen was decent outside of k rod. Their offense kept them afloat all year. After the first month of the season I was telling everybody that once August started to roll around they would sink. And they ended up finishing two games above .500. Their offense and pitching all fell apart. They were disgraceful the last month and a half of the season.

Title
    Mustard

I'm not denying any of those things, but they still were in first place for the majority of the year and I didn't hear anyone praising them. Definitely not overrated.

Title
    kind of respected user

Quote Originally Posted by pain. View Post
    Brewers were mad over rated all year long, losing fernandez really hurt florida's chances. dodgers had a shit bullpen, pirates are a joke and the nats couldn't get any offense going outside of bryce harper. If you wanna win big you gotta play big all around the diamond and none of those teams had any of that in them.

I'm going cardinals in six over sf and baltimore over kc in five, thoughI would love to see another I-70 series between kc and stl.
    i mean clearly the cards/giants are the 2 best teams in the NL, I just wish one of the other teams would finally overtake them lol. I thought this was finally the year.

the last time neither of them were in the nlcs was 2009.

one of the two has been in the nlcs 10 of the past 15 seasons. they've played each other in 3 of em.

it's like damn where's the other nl teams at.

I guess the same thing is true in the AL with the Yankees/Red Sox and tigers in recent years tho. but (much to my disappointment) they finally got some new faces this year.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Relisch View Post
    I'm not denying any of those things, but they still were in first place for the majority of the year and I didn't hear anyone praising them. Definitely not overrated.
    What I'm getting at is, their record 2/3 of the way through the season was not at all indicative of the quality of that team.
    i mean clearly the cards/giants are the 2 best teams in the NL, I just wish one of the other teams would finally overtake them lol. I thought this was finally the year.

the last time neither of them were in the nlcs was 2009.

one of the two has been in the nlcs 10 of the past 15 seasons. they've played each other in 3 of em.

it's like damn where's the other nl teams at.

I guess the same thing is true in the AL with the Yankees/Red Sox and tigers in recent years tho. but (much to my disappointment) they finally got some new faces this year.
    Yeah I hear you, it is nice to get some fresh blood in the post season. But it's not like the cards or giants are perennial winner because they buy players and rack up massive payrolls like teams like new york, both LA teams, etc etc. I can't speak for sf cause I don't follow them that close but the Cardinals have/had one of the best farm systems in the whole league. They scout the shit out of young guys and know how to develop them into good, all round players. A lot of teams don't do much of that, and that bankroll runs dry as those guys get older. That's why i think the cubs will be a big force in the central within the next couple years if they can land some decent pitching, they've got a great farm system.

Don't get me wrong though, if I weren't born and bred a cardinals fan, I'd be sick of seeing them in contention every year too.

Title
    kind of respected user

What I'm getting at is, their record 2/3 of the way through the season was not at all indicative of the quality of that team.

Yeah I hear you, it is nice to get some fresh blood in the post season. But it's not like the cards or giants are perennial winner because they buy players and rack up massive payrolls like teams like new york, both LA teams, etc etc. I can't speak for sf cause I don't follow them that close but the Cardinals have/had one of the best farm systems in the whole league. They scout the shit out of young guys and know how to develop them into good, all round players. A lot of teams don't do much of that, and that bankroll runs dry as those guys get older. That's why i think the cubs will be a big force in the central within the next couple years if they can land some decent pitching, they've got a great farm system.

Don't get me wrong though, if I weren't born and bred a cardinals fan, I'd be sick of seeing them in contention every year too.
    yeah I hear you, I bet if I wasn't from Michigan I'd have been tired of seeing the tigers in it after the past few years.

I kind of hope the cubs can be good. I don't follow them as closely as I used to but I still watch there games once in a while on wgn. they're probably my favorite NL team, when i was a little kid I used to watch them with my grand dad when I was a little kid in the daytime and then my dad would get out of work, pick me up and we'd go watch the tigers at night.

i think Javier Baez is gonna be sick. I watched a couple of his first games after the call up this season and he just looks like a beast at the plate.

Title

yeah I hear you, I bet if I wasn't from Michigan I'd have been tired of seeing the tigers in it after the past few years.

I kind of hope the cubs can be good. I don't follow them as closely as I used to but I still watch there games once in a while on wgn. they're probably my favorite NL team, when i was a little kid I used to watch them with my grand dad when I was a little kid in the daytime and then my dad would get out of work, pick me up and we'd go watch the tigers at night.

i think Javier Baez is gonna be sick. I watched a couple of his first games after the call up this season and he just looks like a beast at the plate.
    I hope the cubs can start contending again too. Back in the early-mid 2000's, the cards and cubs had such a good rivalry but that died out cause they've sucked dick for so long. And yeah baez could be a stud but he needs to work on his discipline at the plate, he strikes out all the damn time. I think jorge soler is gonna be a beast that kid can rake. I think a couple years down the road, the NL central is gonna wind up being the toughest division in the game by a considerable margin.

Title
    kind of respected user

I hope the cubs can start contending again too. Back in the early-mid 2000's, the cards and cubs had such a good rivalry but that died out cause they've sucked dick for so long. And yeah baez could be a stud but he needs to work on his discipline at the plate, he strikes out all the damn time. I think jorge soler is gonna be a beast that kid can rake. I think a couple years down the road, the NL central is gonna wind up being the toughest division in the game by a considerable margin.
    yeah a lot of young power issues have plate discipline issues, I think that comes with age.

almost feel bad for starlin castro. cause if he was a stud young short stop coming up and playing on a major league team with talent around him, the sky would be the limit for him. maybe it still is, but I feel like playing on a shitty team the past few seasons might have hurt his development. hope not though.

I'm still kind of mad I never made it to wrigley field this season. I've been a couple times before but it would've been cool to go this year. definitely need to make it before they remodel it. I saw a few teams/players I've been wanting to in detroit this year. caught the dodgers and the angels in town. they always say puig has an arm but it looks even more ridiculous in person.

I kind of want to see a game in stl some day, I've been there a couple times cause I have family down there. One of my uncles was like an architect that helped design busch stadium so he took me in there and showed me around but it was like a month before the season started.

Title
    Respected User

Buck is fighting tears in the press conference. Damn..

A good year though , wish it ended differently but Os are on the up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larz View Post
    I motion that people post pics of they're dicks with a tape measures lined up along it

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Buck is fighting tears in the press conference. Damn..

A good year though , wish it ended differently but Os are on the up!
    That's such a tough division to fight through though. They could win as many games next year and end up in 4th. You never know with the two big spenders, the pitching factory, and also Toronto who makes a habit of splurging every 4 years.

Title
    Respected User

If we can keep Nelson Cruz and get our Superstars back healthy the Os are no scrubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larz View Post
    I motion that people post pics of they're dicks with a tape measures lined up along it

Title
    kind of respected user

until nelson cruz and chris davis get busted for roids again

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    If we can keep Nelson Cruz and get our Superstars back healthy the Os are no scrubs.
    The lack of the 3 stars is no joke. Having them next year will definitely help. That pitching staff needs an ace though. When was the last bonafide ace? Mussina?

Title

Title
    Respected User

Title

Oakland A's 4 life