Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MLB Season 2014

Title

yeah for real, the reds have shit the bed since the break, they are sliding down there too. I'm excited to see who takes the al east.

Title
    kind of respected user

Quote Originally Posted by pain. View Post
    yeah for real, the reds have shit the bed since the break, they are sliding down there too. I'm excited to see who takes the al east.
    I think the blue jays are gonna win it in the end.

just think if all the yankees players were still in their prime though, ichiro, jeter, beltran, sabathia. that'd be too crazy.

honestly I'm kind of surprised NY has been as good as they have this season. they're not really "good" by yankees standards but I think they're still at the top or close to the top of the division at the moment.

Title
    Desert dreams

Rays keep on rolling, this has been an awesome run so far. I really hope they can stay close to this hot through the rest of the season. So amped on them right now.

Title
    kind of respected user

I like the david price trade but I kind of hate to see austin jackson go. I always liked him, plays better defense than people give him credit for and he's solid at the plate.

it's worth it though. they'll be able to replace him adequately.

I'd heard beat writers and shit suggesting this trade before the season even started but the general consensus was that it was highly unrealistic and unlikely. funny how that works out.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Fudopi View Post
    I like the david price trade but I kind of hate to see austin jackson go. I always liked him, plays better defense than people give him credit for and he's solid at the plate.
    This may be true but the tigs landed price, thats HUGE, that rotation is fuccin stacked on stacked on stacked now.

This has been one of the craziest trade deadlines i can remember. Didnt see the firesale from boston coming, but they landed CESPEDES and that dude absolutely rakes, got craig who has a lot more potential than his numbers have shown this year and joe kelly can show promise at the end of a rotation or out of the pen as a long guy. The sox got rid of some big names but they still did well, a lot of teams did today.

Title
    kind of respected user

This may be true but the tigs landed price, thats HUGE, that rotation is fuccin stacked on stacked on stacked now.

This has been one of the craziest trade deadlines i can remember. Didnt see the firesale from boston coming, but they landed CESPEDES and that dude absolutely rakes, got craig who has a lot more potential than his numbers have shown this year and joe kelly can show promise at the end of a rotation or out of the pen as a long guy. The sox got rid of some big names but they still did well, a lot of teams did today.
    oh yeah as a fan i'm happy with the deal and everything, don't get me wrong.

Title
    Respected User

Nats did pretty well at the deadline with Cabrera, but sure could have used Andrew Miller as well. There are other lefty relievers out there, but they probably won't pass through waivers in August.

Title
    Desert dreams

I don't completely hate the deal Tampa got, mostly just sad to see Price go. On the whole I would rather have kept Price.

Title
    Respected User

They just should have traded Price earlier or found a better deal.

Title
    kind of respected user

Quote Originally Posted by crailtap View Post
    I don't completely hate the deal Tampa got, mostly just sad to see Price go. On the whole I would rather have kept Price.
    drew smyly is gonna be really good as he develops, it's probably a good deal in the long run for tampa. especially cause price probably would've left in free agency anyways after 2015.

Title
    Desert dreams

#d4mn Kansas City is on fire, they even took the AL Central lead from Detroit. Didn't see that coming.

Tampa Bay and Miami are still hanging around, I have more hopes for Tampa but I'm not expecting either to make the playoffs.

Title
    Respected User

Check out the division leaders as of this morning. If you made a prediction 4 years ago of each of the six division leaders, could you have picked more than 1 or 2 right?

Title

About 40 or so games left in the regular season, lots of tight divisional races all over the league and both wild cards have several contenders, too. I'm stoked for this last month or so of the season.

Title
    Mustard

Yeah, it's going to be awesome.

Title

Go Dodgers !

Title

did any of you guys see that shit tonight in Milwaukee? fuckin ridiculous.

Title
    Desert dreams

That was bad, I really hope Stanton is alright.

Title

Yeah that was scary. I could not understand how the ump called strikes on both of those hit by pitches. And how the only people thrown out of the game were Marlins guys. The umpires were disgraceful.

Title
    Mustard

did any of you guys see that shit tonight in Milwaukee? fuckin ridiculous.
    Fucking insane. Hope he is OK.

Also, this season can fuck itself.

Title

lots of important game 162s today. Should be a great day of baseball.

Title
    Respected User

JZimm capping the season with a no-hitter. I was kind of hoping the Nats would take their foot off the pedal a little, because this rotation's all going to hit 240 innings by the end of the postseason. Anyway, World Series or bust this time around.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by lonechicken View Post
    JZimm capping the season with a no-hitter. I was kind of hoping the Nats would take their foot off the pedal a little, because this rotation's all going to hit 240 innings by the end of the postseason. Anyway, World Series or bust this time around.
    Nats are gonna lose in the NLDS regardless who they play I THINK.

I haven't been impressed by them at all, all season. That NL east is GARBAGE, didn't every other team but the nats finish under .500? That's pitiful.

I got Angels - Orioles ALCS and Cards - Giants in the NLCS

Series to watch is dodgers cardinals tho IMO. Kershaw v Waino game one, thats gonna be a treat for everybody.

Title
    Respected User

Being a Nats fan means naturally being nervous things will fall apart again. But other than Detroit (maybe even with Detroit), there isn't a better rotation 1-5, 1-4, or 1-3. And the bench is significantly better than it's ever been, because Ryan Zimmerman will be sitting at least a few games. And if not him, whoever he replaces in the lineup.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by lonechicken View Post
    Being a Nats fan means naturally being nervous things will fall apart again. But other than Detroit (maybe even with Detroit), there isn't a better rotation 1-5, 1-4, or 1-3. And the bench is significantly better than it's ever been, because Ryan Zimmerman will be sitting at least a few games. And if not him, whoever he replaces in the lineup.
    Saying the nats have the best rotation is a bit of stretch. Stras Zim Fister and Gio is a nice four man rotation, but Scherzer Price Verlander and Porcelo definitely trump the nats rotation by far (not to mention the nats' rotation's post season experience is basically next to none). And if i'm being honest in a three man rotation, im taking kershaw greinke and ryu (risky, bang or bust with him). The achilles heel with those teams that have great starting pitching, LA, detroit and washington all have really lack luster bullpens.

The way I see it (i'm not just hate-bashing here), pitching and good defense go a long way in the post season. post season experience factors in there too a little for me. In cases of teams like detroit and washington, they are kinda similar teams. Great pitching, better than average offense. But both those squads have (in my opinion, i dont watch a ton of WAS or DET games) the defense is mediocre and the bullpens are not good. And in the post season where runs are at a premium, weak bullpens and one bad defensive play can easily cost a team (any team) a game or even the whole series.