Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: MLB Season 2014

Title
    Mustard

Default MLB Season 2014

So there hasn't been a baseball thread here for a couple years. Not sure why. Post predictions, reactions, whatever.

My team, the Brewers, have been off to a phenomenal start. I think they are 5-2, or 4-2. The pitching looks amazing, and the offense is starting to get going. No matter how much I hate Braun for lying about his PED use, those three homers last night were pretty sweet.

Title
    Desert dreams

My main team is the Rays, also follow the Marlins. I think the Rays will have another good season, they've built a really solid pitching staff over the last few years. The hitting is average but they score decently enough. They're probably good for around 90 wins again.

Marlins have been doing decent in developing but I still don't see them contending for a playoff spot this year. I think they'll have a decent season for their standards, maybe 75-80 win range.

Title
    Mustard

Yeah the Marlins look pretty solid. The Rays are in one of the best divisions in baseball, but they are solid.

I honestly would be happy with a wild card spot for the Brew Crew. The NL Central is tough as shit. Cards (NL champs), Pirates (NL MVP), Reds (Playoff contention), and now if the Brewers are actually as good as they look that is four awesome teams. Absolute clusterfuck for the playoff spots.

Title
    Respected User

My Nats are off to a decent start. I'm actually kind of glad the pundits have been picking teams like the Dodgers, Cards, Tigers, and Red Sox to win it all. It'll probably take some pressure off of the Nats (not that I believe in such a thing as season long pressure).

I'm not sure if the Marlins will have another playoff season by the time Stanton's contract is up or he wants to leave.

Title

The cardinals are going to rip open everybody's assholes all year this season, mark my words.

Title
    kind of respected user

tigers/dodgers world series.

Title
    Mustard

Quote Originally Posted by pain. View Post
    The cardinals are going to rip open everybody's assholes all year this season, mark my words.
    I wouldn't be surprised.

Title
    Respected User

Well possibly, but are they going to win games? There's no official stat for ripping open assholes.

Title
    Mustard

This sums up my hopes for the Brewers this season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYtjpIwamos

Title

Cubs fan. Although we're under .500 right now, we are actually looking good for the young group of guys we have.

Title

BJs are mediocre, it would be cool to finish over .500

Title
    kind of respected user

Quote Originally Posted by Relisch View Post
    This sums up my hopes for the Brewers this season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYtjpIwamos
    fuck ryan braun

Title
    Mustard

Yeah he is an asshole. I hate PED users, and it sucks that those were part of the reason we were so close to the WS in 2011. And I really don't think he deserves his MVP.

On the other hand, he sat out a season (probably should have been longer because he lied) and has come back healthy and clean. If he doesn't talk shit and just plays baseball I think most of us can put it behind him.

Still an embarrassment to Milwaukee, and I will not cheer for him when he comes up to bat.

Anyways, 7-2 with a 6-0 road trip. Pretty good start.
    Last edited by Relisch; 04-14-2014 at 07:21 PM.

Title

Fuck that. Fuck Ryan Braun until the day he dies. That dirtball tested positive, plead innocence and appealed it and won on a technicality (which in my own personal opinion was an inside job by the MLB heads based on the fact that they are trying to get out of the steroid era and having the MVP test positive basically ruins everything they were working towards) then he is linked to biogenesis THEN COMES CLEAN and "apologizes" once he is forced to take a suspension. Fuck that guy. I hope all of the bad things in life happen to that greasy jew fuck.

#juicinjew

Title
    Mustard

Fuck that. Fuck Ryan Braun until the day he dies. That dirtball tested positive, plead innocence and appealed it and won on a technicality (which in my own personal opinion was an inside job by the MLB heads based on the fact that they are trying to get out of the steroid era and having the MVP test positive basically ruins everything they were working towards) then he is linked to biogenesis THEN COMES CLEAN and "apologizes" once he is forced to take a suspension. Fuck that guy. I hope all of the bad things in life happen to that greasy jew fuck.

#juicinjew
    What do you mean fuck that? I said I wasn't a fan.

What I meant was a lot of people will put it behind them, if he just goes out and plays ball. I am not one of those people.
    Last edited by Relisch; 04-11-2014 at 08:43 PM.

Title
    Respected User
    In time, there will come a day when everything is just a memory.

this braves and philly game is the first game ive seen this season, and damn is it a good game to start watching this season with, grand slam by Uggla in the top of the 9th while down by 1

Braves are off to a decent start, hopefully they pull off another good season!
    I got all dressed up to get lost at sea, gale force winds came and raptured me, put me right where I need to be, wash me up on Galeforce Beach.

Title
    Mustard

Title

What do you mean fuck that? I said I wasn't a fan.

What I meant was a lot of people will put it behind them, if he just goes out and plays ball. I am not one of those people.
    Yeah thats what I meant, I'm not one of those people either.

Title
    Mustard

Ah, ok.

Brewers are still playing pretty well. I am happy.

Title
    kind of respected user

tigers tied with the royals for best record in the mlb at the moment.

and with 3 more games against the astros this week and a series against the twins starting right after that... well.

Title
    Mustard

Quote Originally Posted by Fudopi View Post
    tigers tied with the royals for best record in the mlb at the moment.

and with 3 more games against the astros this week and a series against the twins starting right after that... well.
    ???
    Not even close.

Brewers are the leagues best at 22-11 a +11 difference
    Then the Giants at 21-11, +10
    Third would be the Tigers, at 18-9, +9

Royals aren't even close to the best record.

Title
    Desert dreams

Marlins are looking pretty solid right now, but I'm pessimistic with them. Gonna have to see them keep it up before I buy into them.

Rays still have plenty of time to regroup. So far their pitching has been bad and their hitting has been good, the opposite of what they usually offer. AL East is unusually soft right now.

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by crailtap View Post
    Marlins are looking pretty solid right now, but I'm pessimistic with them. Gonna have to see them keep it up before I buy into them.

Rays still have plenty of time to regroup. So far their pitching has been bad and their hitting has been good, the opposite of what they usually offer. AL East is unusually soft right now.
    I'm sure Tampa's pitching will come around. I swear, they must have the best pitching scouting and development program in the minors. The young pitching gravy train never seems to end with them. Like the Braves.

Title

Cardinals are struggling, but opening up the season almost entirely on the road, i'll take a .500 record coming back to saint louis, even though I'm not loving Mathenys coaching decisions AT ALL right now.

Rumor has it that the birds may or may not be working on a deal to send an outfielder and a couple young pitchers to Miami in exchange for Giancarlo Stanton. Just rumors though.

Title
    kind of respected user

???
    Not even close.

Brewers are the leagues best at 22-11 a +11 difference
    Then the Giants at 21-11, +10
    Third would be the Tigers, at 18-9, +9

Royals aren't even close to the best record.
    yeah I meant to say brewers when I wrote that, the royals were the team they beat that day.

but in terms of win percentage, 18-9 = 22-11. so that's a tie.

right now the tigers have a win % of .636 with a 21-12 record. MIlwaukee and San Fran both have a win % of .632.

Cardinals are struggling, but opening up the season almost entirely on the road, i'll take a .500 record coming back to saint louis, even though I'm not loving Mathenys coaching decisions AT ALL right now.

Rumor has it that the birds may or may not be working on a deal to send an outfielder and a couple young pitchers to Miami in exchange for Giancarlo Stanton. Just rumors though.
    that'd be huge. and it's probably at least somewhat realistic cause you know Stanton wants out of Mia. It's just an issue of how bad they wanna get in their rebuilding process (although they actually have a 20-18 record at the moment...).
    Last edited by Fudopi; 05-11-2014 at 09:56 PM.