Title

Default Waiting for spring in Ottawa!

Hey guys, I'm from Ottawa ON and I love skating. Any skater from Ottawa probably knows there's next to nothing to skate in the winter time here so by the end of winter most of us are just itching to do some skating in some enjoyable weather. I'm half posting this thread to see if anyone knows any winter spots in Ottawa??? and half posting to see if there's any intermediate Ottawa skaters lookin for a buddy to skate with this season because as I get older less and less of my friends are down to skate it seems and I plan on skating as long as I physically can. So, that being said, some new skate buddies are definitely in order!

Title
    Respected User

i remember underneath some bridge right beside the river it had a huge covered flatground spot but idk if that get's snowy in the winter. probably does. i dunno. there's gotta be spots. if i lived in the O i'd skate would but i'm a kingston/GTA guy. i never really get up there.

Title
    Respected User

All my friends complain they can't skate, I've gotten 3 days of outdoor skating this week here in the GTA. Next week should be awesome, the forecast says it's gonna be very spring-like with a lot of rain to melt that snow.

Title

Ugh I know the feel. It sucks even when it stops snowing you need for all the salt/sand on the sidewalks and roads to go off :(