Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by Videon View Post
    That's not really much of a change.

Couchsurfing is great, but I mean eventually if you try and connect with people you just ending up having people to visit and places to crash. At any moment I can kick it with people in SLC, Birmingham, Vegas, LA, Nashville, Memphis, a couple places in Arizona. That's just people I know IRL without having to go online. Traveling is fucking awesome, people.
    that's sick to have all those connections at your disposal, good stuff. i don't have too many of those myself, but i'm only 19. i've got nothing but time.

and yeah traveling and not being settled down to anything too concrete is really cool. people always talk about "break from the norms maaan, don't go to school, don't get married blah blah" but few people actually realize those ideas. i feel like i'd like to a lead a slightly 'unconventional' lifestyle, but i'm just going to let the chips fall where they may, see where life takes me. who knows.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by treflippers! View Post
    that's sick to have all those connections at your disposal, good stuff. i don't have too many of those myself, but i'm only 19. i've got nothing but time.

and yeah traveling and not being settled down to anything too concrete is really cool. people always talk about "break from the norms maaan, don't go to school, don't get married blah blah" but few people actually realize those ideas. i feel like i'd like to a lead a slightly 'unconventional' lifestyle, but i'm just going to let the chips fall where they may, see where life takes me. who knows.
    Maybe it's the people that I know, but everyone is travelling and working and saving up and travelling, and it all seems sorta hollow. Even though I do it too. Spend large stretches in my bedroom and there's a big problem to be solved that you can only solve in your bedroom: the nagging emptiness I think everyone feels at core, which people are trying to run away from, trying to find in places as SE Asia, NYC, etc. & I'm positive the only place to find at least a thread of a fix for it is in the bedroom.

just my 1c

I run around a lot too, but don't give up on the bedroom. This is a more serious problem, I think, and more people give up on that than give up on travel & LIFE EXPERIENCES, etc. and it makes people emptier and emptier and more and more desperate to (try to) fill themselves up with travel. which is going to fail, if that is ALL you do.

(note: bedroom is sorta code. What I do in my bedroom is writing and writing songs and fighting that daily good battle w/ god/demons. it does not necessarily mean literally in your bedroom - that is just where I do it. What it means more accurately is a sort of solitude.)
    loud black girls - wait what
    india songs
    "hell is other people" - the same guy who said "kissing a man without a mustache is like eating an egg without salt."
    "hell is also yourself." - r. crumb

Title
    Respected User

It's great hearing all those stories, I moved to Canada 7 years ago from Israel, nothing really changed, my area is full of Jews.

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by drowning_fish View Post
    Maybe it's the people that I know, but everyone is travelling and working and saving up and travelling, and it all seems sorta hollow. Even though I do it too. Spend large stretches in my bedroom and there's a big problem to be solved that you can only solve in your bedroom: the nagging emptiness I think everyone feels at core, which people are trying to run away from, trying to find in places as SE Asia, NYC, etc. & I'm positive the only place to find at least a thread of a fix for it is in the bedroom.

just my 1c

I run around a lot too, but don't give up on the bedroom. This is a more serious problem, I think, and more people give up on that than give up on travel & LIFE EXPERIENCES, etc. and it makes people emptier and emptier and more and more desperate to (try to) fill themselves up with travel. which is going to fail, if that is ALL you do.

(note: bedroom is sorta code. What I do in my bedroom is writing and writing songs and fighting that daily good battle w/ god/demons. it does not necessarily mean literally in your bedroom - that is just where I do it. What it means more accurately is a sort of solitude.)
    that's a cool theory about traveling too much hollowing people out, and it's definitely true for people who do it for the wrong reasons. there are those people who go traveling just to come back and yell in others ears about what they've seen and where they've been, and there are people who, as you, said fill up their emptiness with travel. again, maybe it's the people i know, but a lot of friends and family go traveling because their passionate about experiencing new cultures and environments. i don't think i could call something that somebodies passionate about empty.

and about the bedroom, i think it's cool how (mostly) everyone has that space; a familiar place where they go to think. personally i do my best thinking when i'm wandering through forests alone or walking around a city at night. people find their bedrooms all over the place but yeah as you said the common factor in them all is that they're places where we're in solitude and where we feel threatened. and traveling around the world to fill that emptiness is pretty futile, we can find our bedrooms anywhere we go. i think why people do it is to experience a fresh environment, and live in under new circumstances to make that bedroom time more fruitful. i'm sure everybody feels like their stagnating in thought when they stay in the same place and seeing the same people for too long. for some a change of scenery can make their alone time more profitable.

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by drowning_fish View Post

just my 1c

I completely agree. I think people just follow through these sort of "instinctive" patterns without really questioning whatever the fuck they're doing. Plus if you don't do it right traveling won't become an escape; most people I met would follow the routine touristic attractions; finding fulfillment in going to places people told you to go to, visiting landmarks not for their own sake but because it was on some dude's blog list of "absolute must see." Or simply staying in a hostel interacting with supposed "different cultures" when in reality you're just being placed with every other douchebag in the world that corresponds to your demographic and getting drunk with them
    Traveling can be a huge let down. Next time i'm doing it, its going to be for an extended period of time doing something a little more concrete like woofing.

Title
    Respected User

yeah for real, not down with a lot of tourism shit. wwoofing/workawaying is where it's at!

Title

Yeah, I mean neither are the kinda people I hang out w/. but even still. i could imagine woofers or whatever being just as empty as anyone.

anyway that's sorta completely different than what this thread was originally about i spose, which was just moving . . . which is actually exactly what I am trying to do now too - get a job (!!!) save up and move by the end of this year.
    loud black girls - wait what
    india songs
    "hell is other people" - the same guy who said "kissing a man without a mustache is like eating an egg without salt."
    "hell is also yourself." - r. crumb

Title
    Respected User

I've been fantasizing about going on a cross country trip in the future when I get a new motorcycle. The farthest I've ever been away from home was when I went on vacation to Destin, Florida which is still only about a 3 hour drive away. Seeing the country on a bike would be such a liberating experience. Gonna check out Seattle while I'm at it because that's currently where I see myself living in the future.

I'm not sure what else to add to this thread but if you feel like you need to experience life elsewhere you should try it, otherwise you'll always have that feeling.

I ended up here in buttfuck gay ass western mass for work about 2 months ago. It stole me from awesome florida for this shit. I fucking hate this place. The women here are fucking stuck up and it seems like the only fun thing to do here is drink. Went to the skatepark today and the little kids here thought they ran the goddamn place. Like fuck dude you've ridden the mini ramp for 10 minutes it's my turn.

Once I get absolutely tired of this job I'm hauling ass either back south or out west. Fuck the north and fuck this place.

/rant
    Baby Dick Mother Fuckers

Title

We live in 21st century, what will you chose to make the moving by youself or using services?

Title

There are excellent opportunities for hunting. But I am against hunting for pleasure , and for hunting if there is a need to feed the family. Is there anyone else here who shares this opinion with me? And if we talk about moving, it's very important to find a good moving company that deals with this. We had a lot of things to pack and move to the new house. Including fragile items that required special attention so that they would not be damaged when moving. So, we were advised to use the services of man and van london, which turned out to be real professionals in this business. And I'm glad that their services were cheap for us. Although they did a lot for us : they arrived on time, carefully packed our stuff, and transported it safely. We were pleased happy with their work. Therefore, when moving, I recommend that you entrust your belongings to professionals.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by megan2019 View Post
    There are excellent opportunities for hunting. But I am against hunting for pleasure , and for hunting if there is a need to feed the family. Is there anyone else here who shares this opinion with me? And if we talk about moving, it's very important to find a good moving company that deals with this. We had a lot of things to pack and move to the new house. Including fragile items that required special attention so that they would not be damaged when moving. So, we were advised to use the services of man and van london, which turned out to be real professionals in this business. And I'm glad that their services were cheap for us. Although they did a lot for us : they arrived on time, carefully packed our stuff, and transported it safely. We were pleased happy with their work. Therefore, when moving, I recommend that you entrust your belongings to professionals.
    Why didn’t anyone tell me about this some months ago?!