Title

Default Have skate pros taken steroids?

So I'm wondering in the competitive world of skateboarding, has any pro or competitor ever taken a performance enhancing drug in order to win?

I just think when comparing skateboarding to road cycling (tour de france), more people would respect road biking more just because it's one of those elite sports like golfing. Plus road bikes cost in the thousands, so makes it more of a rich man's sport. But so many of the competitors in road cycling are guilty of taking performing enhancing drugs which is kind of ironic for a sport that has that elite status. Especially Lance Armstrong who is a household name of biking cheated for so long, but even though he got caught many other cyclist were guilty as well so they couldn't really choose a true winner.

But is there any competitive edge if a skater chose to do steroids or enhancement drugs? Seems extreme sports don't really have an issue with steroids compared to other traditional sports like baseball, basketball, road biking.

Title

I mean, probably, but it's not like it would really help you with skateboarding lol

Title
    Squares Need Not Apply

Quote Originally Posted by JetFalcon View Post
    So I'm wondering in the competitive world of skateboarding, has any pro or competitor ever taken a performance enhancing drug in order to win?

I just think when comparing skateboarding to road cycling (tour de france), more people would respect road biking more just because it's one of those elite sports like golfing. Plus road bikes cost in the thousands, so makes it more of a rich man's sport. But so many of the competitors in road cycling are guilty of taking performing enhancing drugs which is kind of ironic for a sport that has that elite status. Especially Lance Armstrong who is a household name of biking cheated for so long, but even though he got caught many other cyclist were guilty as well so they couldn't really choose a true winner.

But is there any competitive edge if a skater chose to do steroids or enhancement drugs? Seems extreme sports don't really have an issue with steroids compared to other traditional sports like baseball, basketball, road biking.
    Skateboarding doesn't really require muscles...it's more about muscle memory, foot placement and timing.

Title

Lol steroids wouldn't help skateboarding, it would probably hurts it.

Title

That would be stupid, and u would probably get a heart attack if u pushed yourself too much.

Title
    Desert dreams

But is there any competitive edge if a skater chose to do steroids or enhancement drugs?
    Nope.

Title
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

hey, you honestly never know . you might get a better answer asking slap. or you might get ridiculed a lot more lol

Title
    Respected User

Steroids no, But doping probably yes because the effect of it is that there is no signal sent to your brain so you don't get tired. Without it your brain tells you its too much and you can't do anymore but with it no signals are sent to your brain so you never get tired.

Title

Skateboarding is a game of skill. you dont have to be a physical freak of nature. The only thing i can think of is something to relax you a bit and take away some pain. maybe 3 beers or some weed

Title

I don't think so, I mean maybe doping for sure. I would think doping would make you lose some fear and skating an eleven stair hand rail would probably be pretty scary and require bravery by far. Weed, hahaha the skateboarding steroid.

Title
    Chronic Discontent
    I am not going there to die, I am going there to find out if I am really alive

The idea of golf and riding a bike being a sport is dumb.

I don't consider skateboarding a sport either, just a hobby.

Title
    Blatht up on thum Terries

It takes athletic ability, practice, talent, and lots of hard work. No different than an NFL quarterback aside from the fact that they have someone yelling at them every day telling them what to do, and they get paid a shit ton more.

speaking of,

#GoSeagulls!!!

Title
    Respected User

Quote Originally Posted by StarcraftLedZeppelin View Post
    The idea of golf and riding a bike being a sport is dumb.

I don't consider skateboarding a sport either, just a hobby.
    Where's your GIF from? 1800's gravity bong lol.

I just read Jenkem's latest article before coming here, and they hint at some pro skater using steroids I think, (sheffey?).
    R.I.P CJ Ford. Gone, Never forgotten. I love you and miss you already man, can't wait to skate with you again one day.

Title
    Respected User

yeah its called weed and beer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunz View Post
    U beyond 4Loko. U 10Loko boiiii

Title

Nyjah Huston took steroids during Street League

like duh

Title
    Chronic Discontent
    I am not going there to die, I am going there to find out if I am really alive

Quote Originally Posted by kertacodude View Post
    Where's your GIF from? 1800's gravity bong lol.

I just read Jenkem's latest article before coming here, and they hint at some pro skater using steroids I think, (sheffey?).
    http://youtu.be/_HDK--vBMhU?t=5m55s

Title

Skateboarders don't care enough to take steroids.. I mean its not like they're going to buy steroids just so they can ollie higher. I mean c'mon.
    The entire concept of end-time is a misinterpreted, astreological allegory.

Title

Default Steroids would certainly help with Skateboarding

I'm 99% sure. Steroids are not only used to build muscle (Also skinny bike riders use them). It can make you jump higher, spin faster, train more, recover faster from training and from injuries. Especially If you get sponsored by big brands there is also a lot of money involved. And there is no serious drug testing.

Even in the Olympics drugs are used. Have you ever asked the Question: How can Usain Bolt be the fastest guy ever and be drug free, while there are a lot of other Very Fast Guys and a lot Drugs that can make you faster - I mean at least one would have tried just for fun to see how fast the limit is with drugs wouldn't he?
    More on the olympics here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LYu1HMfiMw

Title

Lol "Steroid-Rider." These weird spammers scoure the depths of the forums to bump threads that relate to whatever they're trying to advertise.

Rooster Cockburn: Club of Cool Kids member and overly-zealous COCK worshipper

Title
    Respected User

Steroids, no, creatine, maybe. Atleast for Biebel. He's short af but built like a tank. How do you think he got all that pop? Lmao.

Title

''After I crushed my vertebra, my legs went really skinny and I couldn't skate,'' Pappas says. ''So I called up a mate and got on steroids. I started pumping the 'roids for a year straight and trained my arse off. By the end of the year, I was huge. I did well that year. But I'd already suffered from speed psychosis. The 'roids just exacerbated all my drug stuff and the extra testosterone makes you all confident and cocky, so I was doing drugs on top of it.''

There you go...

Title
    crazy and cute

Quote Originally Posted by Muller21Q View Post
    Dudes, I remember I read an article that John Mullen was suspected in steroids usage. And you know, then I really trusted it, because I read the article about effects of steroids on human body at this site www.muskelaufbau-turbo.de and saw body of John and understood that he uses dopping, because he had a really slim body with huge muscles. But then I also read at that site, that such a body might be a result of a good genetics and qualitative trainings, so I changed my mind and really respected John because of his perseverance and wish to be better :)
    i cry evertim

Title
    crazy and cute

are these bots starting a conversation?

*pulls out notepad and pen*

"interesting, they are beginning to communicate amongst eachother, the great lengths they go to seem normal and real, quite fascinating"

Title

Okay so steroids don't work but what about SARMs, do they work it is is the same story as with steroids? I just want to know because I read this https://narcoculture.com article and there was told about your body performance when you use SARMs and how good it is. Does anybody have experience with it?