Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Nhl 13/14

Title
    Yada, Yada, Yada

Rangers went 1-1 this weekend and only scored one goal . Pretty boring games, but atleast their defense is playing well. Yesterdays 1-0 loss was due to a flukey deflection of a defender.

Rangers always manage to make back-up goaltenders look like Patrick Roy.

Title
    Desert dreams

Bolts have the Rangers at home next week. Kinda wish it wasn't on a Monday, if it was the weekend that would be a game I would definitely go to.

Also have to give a nod to Ben Bishop, he's been solid this year in net. Nice to see some good goaltending again, that was sorely lacking last year.
    Last edited by crailtap; 11-18-2013 at 07:21 AM.

Title
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm first in my Yahoo fantasy league, tryna win that 100 bucks.

Bummer about Quick though, he's one of my goalies I need, and im a Kings fan.

But Scrivens stepped up though.

Title
    O-K):

im in one too i fucked up my draft so hard though and im in 7th out of 8. i made some changes that should hopefully help a bit tho

Title
    Yada, Yada, Yada

My fantasy league is retarded. Everything counts as points including hits, blocked shots, face offs, +-. In order to do well you don't even need star players, gritty defensemen are the best, as well as centers with a high faceoff percentage.

I'm 3-3 I took over for someone who auto-drafted. Basically traded the whole team away.

Title
    Respected User

5-15-2

Is that good? lol...

Title
    O-K):

Quote Originally Posted by fallenskater425 View Post
    My fantasy league is retarded. Everything counts as points including hits, blocked shots, face offs, +-. In order to do well you don't even need star players, gritty defensemen are the best, as well as centers with a high faceoff percentage.

I'm 3-3 I took over for someone who auto-drafted. Basically traded the whole team away.
    ha thats what im realizing. hits are like the strongest stat in my league i just traded a lot of skill players for grit players

Title
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Thats how mine is calculated too..

Goalie starts, saves, save %, shutouts, wins.

Then players its as you said.

Title
    Yada, Yada, Yada

Yea mines the same. Idk there are wingers that could be averaging a point a game and maybe a hit or two getting ten or so fantasy points a game, and then you have 3rd/4th liners getting 20+ points blocking shots, hitting,etc. Which I guess is kinda cool, but it's funny to see people drafting star forwards to have them be some of the lesser fantasy players. Tanner Glass and Nicklas Grossman have the most points on my team haha.

Title
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I wish blocked shots were registered...

Title
    Desert dreams

Lightning/Rangers, Fallenskater we comin' for you nigga!

Edit: Dayum, strike fast Bolts!
    Last edited by crailtap; 11-25-2013 at 05:00 PM.

Title
    Desert dreams

Hell yeah Tampa, beat dat ass tonight. Good way to bounce back from a forgettable West coast roadie. Good thing they don't have to deal with that much more this year.

Oh and; http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=100...espnapi_public

Great news, still would like to see Stamkos take his time with this as Lightning have been playing well in his absence.
    Last edited by crailtap; 11-25-2013 at 08:11 PM.

Title
    O-K):

the good thing is i got st louis in my pool, the bad thing is i also got lunquist....

stamkos being out will hurt our olympic team if this drags on though. him and st louis chemistry would have been a huge addition to the team. luckily we got a pretty deep pool of centers

Title
    O-K):

also the conferences are so unbalanced right now. west is stacked as shit, over half of the teams have more points than anyone in the east. makin it real hard for my struggling oilers and jets

Title
    Desert dreams

Damn no kidding, Tampa would be 9th in the West, and that's at 15-8-1. No comment on the Panthers.

Title
    Yada, Yada, Yada

Quote Originally Posted by crailtap View Post
    Lightning/Rangers, Fallenskater we comin' for you nigga!

Edit: Dayum, strike fast Bolts!
    Don't get me started lol.

Title
    Desert dreams

Haha cheer up they're in the eastern conference. It's like the damn NBA so far on how the realignment has turned out :p

Title
    Yada, Yada, Yada

Haha I guess. It just pisses me off how there are days where they couldn't score at a brothel. They've been shut out 5x this year and each time they had like 35+ shots. Lundqvist wasn't playing that well either, but it's hard to blame the goalie when you don't score a goal.

Title
    Yada, Yada, Yada

Crailtap revenge against the shittier of his two teams lol.

Title
    Desert dreams

Yeah I figured as much. Doesn't bother me too much, I had no expectations for the Panthers this year. On the flip side Tampa beat the Flyers, TB is 16-8-1 now.

Damn Fallen the metropolitan division is *Barkley voice* just turrible. Didn't realize it until just looking now.
    Last edited by crailtap; 11-27-2013 at 09:08 PM.

Title
    Yada, Yada, Yada

I look at the western conference sometimes and think, "why are they even bothering?" (Referring to the eastern conference or more specifically the metropolitan division).

Title
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Pretty stoked i picked up Scrivens since Quick is on the IR now.

Title
    Banned

I look at the western conference sometimes and think, "why are they even bothering?" (Referring to the eastern conference or more specifically the metropolitan division).
    I saw nhl live do a comparison of the western conference vs the eastern conference and the west pretty much owns the east. There's definitely a huge difference in the style of play between conferences too, as well as depth. Not sure if this is what you were referring to but yeah I found it interesting.

Title
    Yada, Yada, Yada

Tortorella deinitely feels like a real ass clown now for not giving Kreider a chance lol. Hat trick against the Canucks and now he has the 2nd most points in the league as a rookie and he only played 20 games. I feel like Kreider and Nash are still going to end up as the teams highest scorers even thought they played the least amount of games lol.
    Last edited by fallenskater425; 12-01-2013 at 01:35 PM.