Title

Question Online Skate Clothing

Hey All,

I run a small independent skate store from Melbourne and just wanted to let you all know about it.
    I'm not here to just try and sell my stuff to you all. Actually just want to build our fan base and get the word out about what we do. Obviously if we get more fans, more sales, we can get bigger brands to come aboard which is where it would be great.

The company is called Destroyed Icon < www.destroyedicon.com >

We sell brands such as Famous Stars and Straps, Atticus, Macbeth, Hurley, DCShoes, Armourdillo, Dickies, Rockstar, Rockett Clothing, Stereo Skateboards, Sprayground bags.

The site has been running for a little over a year and has been going great. Most of the prices are below RRP and we offer free shipping Australia wide too.

You can check out what we sell at www.destroyedicon.com OR http://stores.ebay.com.au/destroyedicon

We also have a facebook page set up at www.facebook.com/destroyedicon where we give gear away, let you know whats going on, post funny shit from time to time.

If you have any questions or want to get in touch, just post us something on the facebook page or drop us a line through here.

Title

Before advertising your site get it together! On chrome it looks messy, the font in the main content doesn't look very appealing, some of the images are dead and the margin between the banner and top navigator is way too big.

You've got some work to do, and forget that redirection page, it's pointless if your only link is to "SHOP".

Edit: The more professional your site looks the more comfortable people will be with purchasing items from their. Compare CCS with A1Skateboards and I feel more confident purchasing from CCS.

Title

Thanks for the feedback.
    We are currently trying to get the funds together to go with another company for the webstore as the one we have currently just seems to stuff everything up (your case in point EXACTLY). Obviously being a small company we don't have the funds just at the moment and are working hard to get them.
    We too are extremely disappointed with our store as it has gone downhill recently with layouts and support and that is why we are working on changing it. (although looking through crome on our machine, the fonts are fine and the page looks okay. We are aware of the dead images and have been trying for weeks to get support on fixing them)
    The main point of the post was to get people aware on social media and also our ebay stuff to try and build a bigger fan base. If you check the ebay store, it has listed more stock than our webstore as we have better exposure there.

Once again, thank you for the feedback and we hope that the site can be upgraded soon and appeal to everyone a lot more.

Title

No worries, if you need some help with code side of the site I'm happy to give you a hand without any cost. I can work with HTML, CSS, PHP and a bit of Javascript.

And once you start getting funds up it might be a good investment to get a professionally made layout with brighter colours, too much black is definitely unattractive.

Title

Have updated the website. It's a little bit more friendlier to the eye and not so basic. A better layout for the time being.
    The webstore is still having issues and cannot get a hold of our provider which is frustrating.
    Thanks for the offer of help as well, it was much appreciated.

Title

There plenty of work to be down but I'm sure you'll get there. Keep in mind the more professional the site looks the more trust I'm going to have in it thus it might be worth the money to pay a web dev to get something sorted out.

What "web store" are you using?

Also no worries, I'm here if you need a bit of assistance.

Title

It's a product from Aus Post. It started out fantastic, but the quality of the service has dropped quite considerably lately.
    I have been shopping around for new companies to take it into their hands but once again it's a big money thing as we are still a small business. We are in talks with one so hopefully we can get it all sorted very soon.
    Thanks for all the input as well.

Title

No worries, hopefully you'll get that sorted out. I cannot stress enough, as a person using online skate stores how important the appearance of the site is.

Title

More brands,
    Maybe it's just me but if I see another Rockstar energy drink logo I'm going to go off.
    Same with Famous stars, man I hate that stuff.

You should look into getting some of Grecos "House of Hammers" stuff or some Welcome skateboards, death rites or Barrier Kult gear. That stuff is pretty hard to get ahold of from one place.

Good start though, it's always good to see more independents spring up.
    "the only thing more annoying than a smart arse fifteen year old is a smart arse fifteen year old who can three sixty flip better than you"
    Plato