3. Rope Swinging

http://youtu.be/4B36Lr0Unp4?hd=1

4. Free Diving

http://youtu.be/ucivXRBrP_0

5. Ice Climbing

Fafnir Crux -- NH Ice Climbing - YouTube

Title
    Banned

#5 is my favorite, ice climbing/mountaineering itself has always been a huge fascination of mine and when i get the money together i'm going to start climbing

a huge goal for me in life is to eventually climb mt. everest which skill wise isn't that hard but financially you need to have a few extra 50-75k plus to spare sooo i'm working hard to get into a career that could help fund that, i wanna climb all around the world too though not only everest but yeah that's my main goal

Title
    Respected User

Never been that fascinated by the Mount Everest. I can't even really say why, but I'd be much more interested in climbing the Cerro Torre or Annapurna.
    However, still a damn nice goal that's worth hard work!

I understand the money part so damn good. proximity flying is so expensive.. you need to have done a lot of sky dives, pay a lot of money for a wingsuit, pay a lot of money for the jump itself... so in the end it's almost as expensive as a small house.

Title
    Banned

I think Everest is more symbolic than anything for people, and Cerro Torre looks amazing! Patagonia is somewhere I definitely wanna go for climbing, although I've heard of Annapurna i don't know much about it? If I ever got good enough i'd give K2 a shot, but it's one of the most technically challenging climbs in the world too.

I get that the gear itself costs a lot for all that stuff, and i'm not sure about sky diving but do you need to buy permits for that too? because that's what makes Everest such an expensive mountain to climb. I could see wingsuits being really expensive.

Have you ever thought of white water kayaking?

GoPro HD HERO Camera: Kayak Competition - Teva Mountain Games - YouTube

I hate the music but the video is awesome

Title
    Respected User

woouh. the K2 is a killer!
    well Anapurna is damn challenging as well.
    And yea well you need a license.. but you gotta do I think 100 (or more.. don't really know atm) skydives and after that you can get a base jumping license which is also expensive as fuck and then you need to do several jumps with an instructor before you're allowed to jump alone. + a good wingsuit is damn expensive. fuck money.

haha in fact I already did white water rafting. was so much fun. I did it with my brother and his friends... adrenaline and speed, indeed is all I need

Title
    Banned

Yeah but it's also one of the most challenging mountains in the climbing world which is why if i ever become skilled enough I'll wanna do it for sure.

Does it cost a lot to go up in the air each time to sky dive or what? and how many dives have to be done with an instructor before you get your actual license? It all seems expensive as fuck to finally get your license but i bet it's totally worth it once you do.

Title
    Respected User

don't know how many you have to do with an instructor. all i know is that you need at least 200 skydives to be allowed to do wingsuit base jumping and that a complete wingsuit equip costs about 5000€, about 180€ per skydive, the skydiving license about 300€, base jumping license about 1500€. Doesn't sound that much but it is when you add the 180€ x 200skydives and several other things you have to pay for.. like transport etc.

Title
    Banned

shit that's adds up to a lot, at least in the end you look like a badass base jumping off cliffs with a wing suit flying by everyone, i have a few indoor sky diving places around me i really wanna check out, maybe get the feel of what it's actually like to be free falling

Title
    Respected User

daaaaaaaamn dude! do that! tell me how it was :D