Title

Default Moving to Oklahoma... any OK skaters?

Yeah, I'm moving to Oklahoma. Question is, is skating popular there? Any skaters from Oklahoma??
    Last edited by Concrete_Fever; 06-08-2011 at 12:54 AM.

Title
    Respected User

what part of oklahoma? that's a pretty important factor. i know tulsa has lots of stuff to skate so there are skaters there for sure.
    Last edited by skatevirginia; 06-08-2011 at 11:17 AM.

Title

Damn it, I must've erased the city name when I re-worded my post. My bad.

I'm headed to Enid, Oklahoma. It's a smaller city, 'bout 50k people. Roughly 2 hours west of Tulsa and 2 hours north of Oklahoma City.

Title

http://www.enid.org/index.aspx?page=663

a starting point to finding some skaters. shitty but still.

Title

That park looks like straight shit... but you're right, vrsick. Thanks for the idea for sure.

Title
    Perma Banned

parks better than mine

Title

I found a couple of videos of it on YouTube and it's actually better than the one we have here too... go figure.

Title

I live in Oklahoma. To answer your question, yeah: skateboarding is popular here. There is one thing going on right now, however. There aren't any skate shops except in Tulsa. The only place to get boards is Zumiez for the time being. A very popular skate shop called Arockalypse recently went out of business. It's pretty sad, honestly.

As for meeting skateboarders and skate parks, I'd definitely recommend checking out Matt Hoffman Skate Park on Robinson near downtown OKC. It's really not bad at all. If you don't have much luck there, perhaps I could be of some assistance as to where some spots are.

Title

So Tulsa's the only place with any shops? Lame, man. That's really too bad.

Matt Hoffman Skate Park in OKC... I'll have to take a trip over there and hit that park up sometime. And yeah, any spots advice you could give me would save me a lot of hassle (sp?). Regardless, thanks for the help, SPIT. 'ppreciate it.

Title

Yo

I'm from Oklahoma City, I've lived here my whole life.
    There are spots for sure, and a few parks. Cement parks in Edmond (a suburb of OKC) and the Hoffman park that SPIT was talking about. People here call it DTP (DownTownPark)

There is also a brand new cement park in El Reno, which is west of OKC about 20 miles.

I've got a website that focuses mainly on Oklahoma City Skateboarding, it's called Cheeseburger Supreme. (I can't post the actual link because I'm a new member, it's cheeseburgersupreme.com) Check it out, if you have any other questions about OKC I can help with info.

Title

Awesome, Kepgnar. Thanks, bro. I'll definitely check your site out. OK State is starting to sound better now that I know there are definitely going to be places to skate.

Title

I think that our skateboarding community is the greatest. It's easy to find a common language with our people. I recently had to move from Seattle to Richland. Although I don't like the idea of moving, leaving Seattle was more painful. A lived for 15 years there. A wonderful city, the waters, the mountains, the buildings, make it a beautiful place to live in. There I found some good skaters with which I become a friend. The worst is for the children, they have to make new friends, join new groups, get used to the new place. Another good part was the moving process. Although I hate the chaos that's in the house after moving, the moving company that I used was quite nice to handle all by themselves. I didn't even notice when they cleaned the old house. If anyone will ever need a moving company, can check out the Eagles State to State moving (https://eaglestatetostatemoving.com/...oving-company/). I wish you to move for no other reason than when the whole family will want to do it.
    Last edited by Hoovyendy; 08-15-2019 at 11:43 AM.